Check your account email address ×

f7ben ftmfw

f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

That does look pretty interesting. What does one of those cost all rigged out with motor and trailer. 

Send you PM. 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:02 AM, Woodtick said:

A co worker just looked at a house on lake Gogebic that has a wood foundation. 2800 sq ft and a $400 k price tag. Wood foundations are not uncommon in the north woods.

They built a wood basement house around me about 20 years ago. Thought it was crazy at the time. I think it was 18 inches thick with the wood stacked up like a wood pile and  grouted in. Is this how yours is done?

Just drove by the place this summer to see it up on blocks with a new concrete basement being poured.

I guess this gamble did not pay off.  When they back filled this thing in on the original build they pushed dirt up against it so that could be a factor.

32 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Done.....almost 24hrs

20191003_145603.jpg

Nice man.  Looks good.  You don't have to tile over it.  Etched or stained concrete is pretty popular around here. 

One of my neighbors a few doors down built a million dollar+ 5000sqft ranch home about 3 years ago.  All on a heated concrete slab with about 8 zones. They deliberately placed large leaves, ferns, salmon carcass, moose  tracks, wolf tracks, bear tracks, small halibut carcass, birch bark, etc. randomly through the slab surface.  Not more than 1 or 2 items per room and only about 2mm deep at the most.  Once cured they stained the entire slab with slightly contrasting stain in the tracks/carcass/etc.  It came out incredible.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Done.....almost 24hrs

20191003_145603.jpg

Way to recover, queer.

13 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Nice man.  Looks good.  You don't have to tile over it.  Etched or stained concrete is pretty popular around here. 

One of my neighbors a few doors down built a million dollar+ 5000sqft ranch home about 3 years ago.  All on a heated concrete slab with about 8 zones. They deliberately placed large leaves, ferns, salmon carcass, moose  tracks, wolf tracks, bear tracks, small halibut carcass, birch bark, etc. randomly through the slab surface.  Not more than 1 or 2 items per room and only about 2mm deep at the most.  Once cured they stained the entire slab with slightly contrasting stain in the tracks/carcass/etc.  It came out incredible.  

That’s a pretty cool idea.  I’ve seen some pretty neat nature type stamps out now too.  

7 hours ago, Roosting said:

They built a wood basement house around me about 20 years ago. Thought it was crazy at the time. I think it was 18 inches thick with the wood stacked up like a wood pile and  grouted in. Is this how yours is done?

Just drove by the place this summer to see it up on blocks with a new concrete basement being poured.

I guess this gamble did not pay off.  When they back filled this thing in on the original build they pushed dirt up against it so that could be a factor.

No, I have a concrete basement and my camp is on concrete footings.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Big Crappie said:

Lookin good Ben.

What was the reason for building a geodesic dome house other than it being wide open space? Just curious.

I didnt build it.....I bought it to rehab. I completely gutted the whole thing down to skeleton and even cut up the downstairs slab to move plumbing etc. It will have about 20k worth of closed cell foam sprayed in when this addition is done. 

17 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I didnt build it.....I bought it to rehab. I completely gutted the whole thing down to skeleton and even cut up the downstairs slab to move plumbing etc. It will have about 20k worth of closed cell foam sprayed in when this addition is done. 

Guy has one here. Changed hands 5-10 times so far that I know over the years.

Gutted the roof. Spray foam. Still has issues with ice.

Not a house for snow country.

14 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Guy has one here. Changed hands 5-10 times so far that I know over the years.

Gutted the roof. Spray foam. Still has issues with ice.

Not a house for snow country.

I live in snow country and have zero issues with ice. Wonder what's causing their problems?

Just now, Woodtick said:

I like the big windows. You can always protect them with a sheet of lexon if you are shooting hard?

Only time you see a ball leave the table typically is on the break