Check your account email address ×

18th anniversary of 9/11

Momorider

In all fairness.  There are reports of sparsely stocked shelves. Hard to compete with that.  

I feel like memorials....like......for the dead might offend. Muslims so ....like ..... we shouldn’t do it. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

yeah because all you talk about is homosexuality, man on man ass fucking and penis.

sick fuck

Speaking of the human filth and bottom feeding scum sucking shit that inhabit the shithole, look who showes up  :finger3:

• Haha 1

On the Facebook today all I have seen is 9/11 posts and 400 shares of that Alan Jackson song, already over saturated by it. I watched it unfold personally with one of those wheeley tvs in Middle School and will never forget.

What it did today was piss me off so much that the entire nation was united (and much of the world) to fuck up the people responsible which we initially tried in Afghanistan, then we decided to try and fuck with Iraq and start a quagmire that has long reaching effects even today... amazing that was 18 years ago... 

Edited by GGNHL

1 minute ago, GGNHL said:

On the Facebook today all I have seen is 9/11 posts and 400 shares of that Alan Jackson song, already over saturated by it and I watched it unfold personally with one of those wheeley tvs in Middle School. 

What it did was piss me off so much that the entire nation was united (and much of the world) to fuck up the people responsible which we initially tried in Afghanistan, then we decided to try and fuck with Iraq and start a quagmire that has long reaching effects even today... amazing that was 18 years ago... 

I am seeing this one that was posted back sometime ago. What AJ one are you referring too?

I remember so clearly where I was that morning.   I was in Prudhoe Bay. Getting dressed to go to work. It was around 4:50am. I was sitting on the edge of my bed watching the news and seeing the 1st tower burning.  All the commentators were wondering what happened. A few minutes later I saw on live TV the second plane flying into the second tower. At that moment we all knew we were under attack. 

I finished getting ready very quick and ran down to the lobby. Dozens of my coworkers were huddled around the tv’s. Everyone was in disbelief. After a few minutes I packed my lunch and headed to the crew van. It was a somber and quite sobering drive out to the plant. We were all in disbelief. 

We arrive at the facility for change out. The night shift crew was all in the control room. We talked a little about the plant condition and made change out then talked about the events unfolding as they were happening. Everyone was in shock. 

After about 10 minutes I went to my office and prepared to start my day. At about 5 minutes after 6am my office phone rang. It was my wife. The first words out of her mouth was “its gone, the tower is gone. It just came tumbling down”. She was crying. I just said no way. It cant be. I told her to get the kids up.  They were already up watching the events on TV.

The next few hours were very troubling  we had no TV in the plant and there were no smart phones but we did have very good internet everywhere.  Our board operator was monitoring the events via the internet as they unfolded.  We would come into the control room periodically to get an update.  Every update seemed worse than the last.  By lunchtime things were starting to affect us. we had a big meeting with plant management and we were about to go into lockdown.  Basically preparing for a terrorist attack.  Flights were being shutdown. Food and supplies were grounded. We immediately went into Emergency Response mode preparing for a long term outage without our food and materials supplies being replenished.  We have several weeks worth of food but we had no idea how long the outage would last.

I will never forget the grief I had for all the families affected by this event  

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, irv said:

I am seeing this one that was posted back sometime ago. What AJ one are you referring too?

10 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

thin he was probably meaning toby keith

• Thanks 1

i was sitting about 50 feet from where i am right now,  we had the office suite across the hall.  I had come in early as we ad an event that we were doing that night for one of my offices a couple hours north.  We ended up having the event as it was already paid for but the dinner after golf was sompober with the tv's on.  

26 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Honestly the "we deserved it" spiel gets old.  

I feel like we could take a break from it for one day and pay respects to victims and responders.  

Then , I promise, tomorrow.....  fuck America! 

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I feel like we could take a break from it for one day and pay respects to victims and responders.  

Then , I promise, tomorrow.....  fuck America! 

I was at work and my wife was home with our daughter who was about 18 months old...confusing and scary day.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It was “old” the very first time it was uttered.....by the same retards talking about “chickens coming home to roost”.

Mental pygmies.

No...mental pygmies ignore history and our actions around the globe...easier that way....I understand why you do it.

Look at the  reaction to 9-11 by our government...if that makes sense in your pea brain then I don’t know what to tell you. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

36 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I remember so clearly where I was that morning.   I was in Prudhoe Bay. Getting dressed to go to work. It was around 4:50am. I was sitting on the edge of my bed watching the news and seeing the 1st tower burning.  All the commentators were wondering what happened. A few minutes later I saw on live TV the second plane flying into the second tower. At that moment we all knew we were under attack. 

I finished getting ready very quick and ran down to the lobby. Dozens of my coworkers were huddled around the tv’s. Everyone was in disbelief. After a few minutes I packed my lunch and headed to the crew van. It was a somber and quite sobering drive out to the plant. We were all in disbelief. 

We arrive at the facility for change out. The night shift crew was all in the control room. We talked a little about the plant condition and made change out then talked about the events unfolding as they were happening. Everyone was in shock. 

After about 10 minutes I went to my office and prepared to start my day. At about 5 minutes after 6am my office phone rang. It was my wife. The first words out of her mouth was “its gone, the tower is gone. It just came tumbling down”. She was crying. I just said no way. It cant be. I told her to get the kids up.  They were already up watching the events on TV.

The next few hours were very troubling  we had no TV in the plant and there were no smart phones but we did have very good internet everywhere.  Our board operator was monitoring the events via the internet as they unfolded.  We would come into the control room periodically to get an update.  Every update seemed worse than the last.  By lunchtime things were starting to affect us. we had a big meeting with plant management and we were about to go into lockdown.  Basically preparing for a terrorist attack.  Flights were being shutdown. Food and supplies were grounded. We immediately went into Emergency Response mode preparing for a long term outage without our food and materials supplies being replenished.  We have several weeks worth of food but we had no idea how long the outage would last.

I will never forget the grief I had for all the families affected by this event  

Me and an associate just walked into a Ruby Tuesdays after a long drive for a meeting.  Thought we’d grab an early lunch first.  We walked in and the place was dead quiet and everyone was watching the tv.  We were like, “WTF?”  It was surreal.  We sat down and watched like everyone else with our jaws in the full and locked “drop position”.

• Like 1