Check your account email address ×

Trump suggested nuking hurricanes to stop them from hitting U.S.

Source: Axios

President Trump has suggested multiple times to senior Homeland Security and national security officials that they explore using nuclear bombs to stop hurricanes from hitting the United States, according to sources who have heard the president's private remarks and been briefed on a National Security Council memorandum that recorded those comments. 

Behind the scenes: During one hurricane briefing at the White House, Trump said, "I got it. I got it. Why don't we nuke them?" according to one source who was there. "They start forming off the coast of Africa, as they're moving across the Atlantic, we drop a bomb inside the eye of the hurricane and it disrupts it. Why can't we do that?" the source added, paraphrasing the president's remarks. 

Asked how the briefer reacted, the source recalled he said something to the effect of, "Sir, we'll look into that." 

Trump replied by asking incredulously how many hurricanes the U.S. could handle and reiterating his suggestion that the government intervene before they make landfall. 

Read more: https://www.axios.com/trump-nuclear-bombs-hurricanes-97231f38-2394-4120-a3fa-8c9cf0e3f51c.html

20 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Source: Axios

President Trump has suggested multiple times to senior Homeland Security and national security officials that they explore using nuclear bombs to stop hurricanes from hitting the United States, according to sources who have heard the president's private remarks and been briefed on a National Security Council memorandum that recorded those comments. 

Behind the scenes: During one hurricane briefing at the White House, Trump said, "I got it. I got it. Why don't we nuke them?" according to one source who was there. "They start forming off the coast of Africa, as they're moving across the Atlantic, we drop a bomb inside the eye of the hurricane and it disrupts it. Why can't we do that?" the source added, paraphrasing the president's remarks. 

Asked how the briefer reacted, the source recalled he said something to the effect of, "Sir, we'll look into that." 

Trump replied by asking incredulously how many hurricanes the U.S. could handle and reiterating his suggestion that the government intervene before they make landfall. 

Read more: https://www.axios.com/trump-nuclear-bombs-hurricanes-97231f38-2394-4120-a3fa-8c9cf0e3f51c.html

This is the kind of stuff Breitbart use to make up about Obama. It didn’t matter whether it was true or not, the Jt’s would go off the deep end. 

With Trump there is no need to make up anything. He goes stupid all day long. 

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

This is the kind of stuff Breitbart use to make up about Obama. It didn’t matter whether it was true or not, the Jt’s would go off the deep end. 

You realize you just admitted this is as likely false as it is true and in the process compared your gullibility to JT's, right?

Edited by Kivalo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

You realize you just admitted this is as likely false as it is true and in the process compared your gullibility to JT's, right?

Not if you could read for content. 

The point is that in order for the right wing conspiracy sites to say something similar about Obama, they would have to make it all up. That is not the case with Trump. He says stupid things so frequently, there is no time to make stuff up.  

Trump keeps saying the msm is failing but I bet the place he’s hurt the most is the onion. 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

The point is that in order for the right wing conspiracy sites to say something similar about Obama, they would have to make it all up. That is not the case with Trump. He says stupid things so frequently, there is no time to make stuff up.  

Trump keeps saying the msm is failing but I bet the place he’s hurt the most is the onion. 

And Rush Limbaugh

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

Why is Snopes trying so hard to deplatform The Babylon Bee, now that you mention it?

Can you tell us why?

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

It's worth a try, eh? Does it have to be a nuke or can it be another big bomb? Blow those hurricanes up!

I wonder if the nuclear fallout would be worse than the storm? :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

Link? :pc:

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

I wonder if the nuclear fallout would be worse than the storm? :lol: 

No question.  Hurricanes are just huge heat movers. After the nuke, it would simply move the radiation along with it unfazed.