Check your account email address ×

MAGA MELTDOWN in Fox Business "comments" section after reporting on "recession indicator"

Trump says things are great the Chinese are paying the US billions....

MAGA MELTDOWN in Fox Business "comments" section after reporting on "recession indicator"

Trump supporters freak out at Fox Business after it reports that a top ‘recession indicator’ is ‘flashing red’ 

The inversion of the U.S. Treasury yield curve on Wednesday sparked fresh fears of a coming recession in the United States — and even President Donald Trump’s favorite business network reported on it. 

An article by Fox Business’ Jonathan Garber features the headline “Recession indicator with perfect track record flashing red,” and it contains plenty of unwelcome news for the president as he prepares to head into a tough reelection fight. 

“The yield curve is blaring a recession warning,” Garber writes. “The spread between the U.S. 2-year and 10-year yields on Wednesday turned negative for the first time since 2007. Such a development has occurred ahead of each and every U.S. recession of the last 50 years, sometimes leading by as much as 24 months.” 

Needless to say, this news did not sit well with the Trump fans in Fox Business’s comments section.

6 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

The banks didn't prepare for the last one and they were rewarded handsomely. 

And Boy Howdy!!!!! :lol:

Those big banks took their bailouts, bought up smaller banks then, the Obama admin put in place legislation that hindered the smaller banks being able to compete with the larger ones.  

I mean... they fucking rolled that negro dummy and he didn’t even know it and couldn’t fix it once what was happening came to his doorstep.

:lol:

21 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Within the next 12-18 months is my expectation. 

I agree. Not real-estate this time. Auto/truck loans. All of these big toys, boats, RVs, SXS, huge vacations. I bet I’ve driven 6000 miles this summer,between work,moving my son to Colorado,and vacations. Nothing but baller vehicles pulling baller toys. Dealerships in my area are offering 0% for 7 years on some of these toys. The RVs and boats,10 to 20 year loans.  People just can’t help themselves,when it comes to spending. 

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

I agree. Not real-estate this time. Auto/truck loans. All of these big toys, boats, RVs, SXS, huge vacations. I bet I’ve driven 6000 miles this summer,between work,moving my son to Colorado,and vacations. Nothing but baller vehicles pulling baller toys. Dealerships in my area are offering 0% for 7 years on some of these toys. The RVs and boats,10 to 20 year loans.  People just can’t help themselves,when it comes to spending. 

If they default on their 60k toys they default on their home.

Edited by Mainecat

Auto loans are peanuts in the bigger scope of global debt. 

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

No they don’t you fucking idiot.  Toys and extra shit go first..

You know what....nevermind. You are just fucking stupid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No they don’t you fucking idiot.  Toys and extra shit go first..

You know what....nevermind. You are just fucking stupid.

It’s funny when people say nobody can afford to snowmobile anymore. Yet there is a 20k SXS in everyone’s front yard in the north woods? 

It’s funny when people say nobody can afford to snowmobile anymore. Yet there is a 20k SXS in everyone’s front yard in the north woods? 

Not mine. I have been through downturns many times. It’s the younger Trumpers here who will suffer.

Everyone I know that got out because it “cost too much” spent their time on a bar stool frittering through their wallet.  

No!

It’s like he’s literally a child.  Amazing.

30 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Year on Year shipments of RV’s to dealers across the country is down over 20%. RV lots across the country are packed to the gills with new units stacked like cordwood waiting for some sucker willing to finance one for 15+ years. 

https://www.rvia.org/news-insights/rv-shipments-june-2019?utm_source=RVLifestyle&utm_campaign=4439872a06-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_8_5_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7a885efcc5-4439872a06-241799693&mc_cid=4439872a06&mc_eid=21da78b217

The same thing is happening to the marine industry and marine dealers across the country.  

There is a looming economic meltdown on the horizon. Its well past time to start preparing.   

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Ah no that's never been the case. In the 08 recession some chose their vehicles over houses but the car gets you to and from work so for many was more important but people walk quickly from toy loans while trying to hang onto primary residences 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Ah no that's never been the case. In the 08 recession some chose their vehicles over houses but the car gets you to and from work so for many was more important but people walk quickly from toy loans while trying to hang onto primary residences 

First to go is secondary homes.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

First to go is secondary homes.

Non cash flowing investment property (speculative re) then second homes. TBH no idea why there's not an upcharge on second homes like there is on invesment and multifamily primary residences. 

14 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Year on Year shipments of RV’s to dealers across the country is down over 20%. RV lots across the country are packed to the gills with new units stacked like cordwood waiting for some sucker willing to finance one for 15+ years. 

https://www.rvia.org/news-insights/rv-shipments-june-2019?utm_source=RVLifestyle&utm_campaign=4439872a06-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_8_5_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7a885efcc5-4439872a06-241799693&mc_cid=4439872a06&mc_eid=21da78b217

The same thing is happening to the marine industry and marine dealers across the country.  

There is a looming economic meltdown on the horizon. Its well past time to start preparing.   

The amount of triple axle fifth wheels ,being pulled by Top model 3500s , is astounding. Very few can pay cash for that set up, but they are all over every highway I’ve been on?  15 year loans on 80k pontoon boats. In 15 years,that boat will be lucky to fetch 10k. What a fucking ass whooping.