Check your account email address ×

Gonna gape everything wow.

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The model 3 is in line price wise with other high end small cars and it has the economy of the electricity. Add in the almost complete lack of maintenance and I think it does ok on it's own.

I would imagine we shall know here in a few weeks....  quarterly financial reports will be out to see what kind of money was made and lost across the industry.  With the likes of Porsche, Audi, JLR, Volvo etc etc etc sitting on a pile of $7500 tax credits I don’t think Tesla can break into the electric Luxury SUV game like some expect.  Tesla pickups will be dead on arrival.

14 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I would imagine we shall know here in a few weeks....  quarterly financial reports will be out to see what kind of money was made and lost across the industry.  With the likes of Porsche, Audi, JLR, Volvo etc etc etc sitting on a pile of $7500 tax credits I don’t think Tesla can break into the electric Luxury SUV game like some expect.  Tesla pickups will be dead on arrival.

I hope Tesla can make it but I think they’re gonna stay relegated to a small niche market.  The others you mentioned will continue to keep Tesla production limited. Volvo is supposed to really start putting out some good shit and BMW just canned their guy for slowing the electric car technology with them so, they plan on jumping in also.

20 years from now will be interesting.

• Gold Member

Volvo is making some good shit....  wish my wife’s new one had double the all electric range it currently has.

The plug-in hybrid f150 is going to be killer as well and have the full $7500 minutes ax credit.  

Only a Tesla fan boi’s don’t like pickups so Tesla pickups would be a huge waste of money for Tesla.  Tesla just needs to stick with what it does by selling sedans to rich tech type people.

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Tesla’s are everywhere in the Minneapolis area. Wisconsin is lucky to have cell phone coverage. That says something right there. 

I see alot of them around here and Indianapolis. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

He releases a truck or suv and Ford and Chevy are toast.

I bet you can't say something even dumber by the end of the day? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

The model 3 is in line price wise with other high end small cars and it has the economy of the electricity. Add in the almost complete lack of maintenance and I think it does ok on it's own.

for some it's an economy play for others it's an image play but not sure how big that market is.  if they can sell 300k without whoring them out and without subsidy they should be able to do well,  thats what BMW does as a luxury niche competitor.  

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Has Elon got around the issue of multiple states with Direct Sale bans and bunch more with limited sales allowed?

No.  I don’t like these regulations but, I do understand them.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

I see them here in MI but there's no dealership to support them last I heard. Nice status symbol but when it needs maintenance... :dunno:  Seems like this will hinder Tesla for some time to come.

But hey, old man dopey thinks they'll put GM and Ford out of business  :lol2:

Edited by Skidooski
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I see them here in MI but there's no dealership to support them last I heard. Nice status symbol but when it needs maintenance... :dunno:  Seems like this will hinder Tesla for some time to come.

well big chunk of maint can be done remote and mobile service can take care of a lot.  beauty of an EV is far less parts

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

well big chunk of maint can be done remote and mobile service can take care of a lot.  beauty of an EV is far less parts

It’s not the major components that need the maintenance service on newer cars much anymore, it’s all the other shit.  I’m all for buying shit directly from the manu but let’s be honest when it comes to EV’s, this is a consumer base who is more than just a twitch from being able to do basic maintenance on anything.  If anybody needs dealer support....it’s them.  

31 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I’d be all for manus selling vehicles direct and with a no warranty option.  Probably cut costs in half.

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

for some it's an economy play for others it's an image play but not sure how big that market is.  if they can sell 300k without whoring them out and without subsidy they should be able to do well,  thats what BMW does as a luxury niche competitor.  

If you look at the sales numbers Tesla does all right against BMW.

6 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Lack of maintenance?  We'll see when the half life's of the electronics start shitting the bed.:lol:

15 hours ago, awful knawful said:

And 50%of those gm faggots would never own another!

Ive had really good luck with mine.  Lots of miles.  But my last was disappointing.  New 2008 Z71 I thought I’d keep for ten plus years started falling apart at the 65k mark.  Unreal.  It was the only Chevy truck I felt I had to get rid of....and the sooner the better.  Was also the nicest.  Shame.  Went Toyota after that.  Not looking back yet.

2 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

BMW and Mercedes have some of the lowest resale value cars in America. They dominate the lists.

Jaguars used to be just awful too.  They pretty much just turned into lease cars at one point.  Nice new SUV they have out now.  I wonder how it’s doing in sales.