Check your account email address ×

Ford F-150.

26 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Same ones buying a fucking washing machine on credit.

I bought a $3600 oven on credit, free credit for 3 years, $100 per month for 36 months, pretty sure I came out ahead in the end.:bc:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I bought a $3600 oven on credit, free credit for 3 years, $100 per month for 36 months, pretty sure I came out ahead in the end.:bc:

That’s a little different. I bought both TVs at the same time through Best Buy. $2200 interest free for 24 months. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

That’s a little different. I bought both TVs at the same time through Best Buy. $2200 interest free for 24 months. 

Smart people use the credit perks to their advantage.

It doesn't always make sense to pay things off, whether it be TV's, cars, homes etc was my point.:bc:

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Smart people use the credit perks to their advantage.

It doesn't always make sense to pay things off, whether it be TV's, cars, homes etc was my point.:bc:

The problem with buying a vehicle with  0% interest loan incentives is that it often means giving up a chunky factory discount. Have to do the math on that one. 

17 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The problem with buying a vehicle with  0% interest loan incentives is that it often means giving up a chunky factory discount. Have to do the math on that one. 

Your also need to look at the potential loss on your capital, 100K making 10K per year on a depreciating asset or 1 million on a home say at 8% or 80K vs a mortgage at 3% P&I 60K with still positive cash flow from the very get go.  Not really complicated.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Your also need to look at the potential loss on your capital, 100K making 10K per year on a depreciating asset or 1 million on a home say at 8% or 80K vs a mortgage at 3% P&I 60K with still positive cash flow from the very get go.  Not really complicated.

When I purchased my home it was either cash or loan. At 2.75% interest it was a no brainer. I can understand the emotional comfort an individual gets from the quick payoff on a home, but financially, it doesn’t make sense. 

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Anler posted this a while back.(I know!  Something useful.  He did it by accident :) ).

The Ford actually does pretty well.  Check out the Tundra.  lol..mine shakes like hell.  I can see it in my mirrors.  But, still the bestest!!!!!

Analer knows everything you should shut up and listen!

10 hours ago, spin_dry said:

228,000, you poor memory imbecile. And for your information, it’s a rolling piece of art. 

91D97848-3CD5-4E89-8857-50B5A1EE0E21.jpeg

Gay

soccer mom ride

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

99% of the time you get a better deal if you just pay it on the spot.

18 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Is everybody on board with the aluminum or do you prefer steel? 

If my 98 were aluminum it would look like new instead of Swiss cheese. Yes my bed rattles due to some rotted mounts and it reeks of cigars but I’m drivin it to death. Love my F150

• Platinum Contributing Member

I had a ‘12 F-150 then a ‘14 and I live on a dirt rd that gets kinda shitty once and awhile. I didn’t notice excessive bed shake. I was watching also as I remember the reports. Ive never been a brand loyal guy but now I’m on my 3rd Ford in a row. They have been excellent. No extra expense whatsoever. Oil.brakes.tires. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Shifty said:

I had a ‘12 F-150 then a ‘14 and I live on a dirt rd that gets kinda shitty once and awhile. I didn’t notice excessive bed shake. I was watching also as I remember the reports. Ive never been a brand loyal guy but now I’m on my 3rd Ford in a row. They have been excellent. No extra expense whatsoever. Oil.brakes.tires. 

I drove a new a few years back when our Edge was in the shop and I really liked it...5.0...nice truck.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I drove a new a few years back when our Edge was in the shop and I really liked it...5.0...nice truck.

Don't let Jay see this!!!1111

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Mine were good rigs. I had a Chevy and a dodge before and both went thru front end parts like shit thru a goose. I just got this. 

2D6972E6-394F-49A9-AE64-22F19677BC24.jpeg

Edited by Shifty
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Mine were good rigs. I had a Chevy and a dodge before and both went thru front end parts like shit thru a goose. I just got this. 

2D6972E6-394F-49A9-AE64-22F19677BC24.jpeg

Damn nice!!

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

-Starts thread to complain about trucks.

-Posts bragging pics of high mileage minivan.

86075DEC-542F-42EB-991F-6EA90B491013.gif

Once again allow me to correct your sleepy and incorrect ideas. I wouldn’t complain about something I don’t and wouldn’t own. This was an observation. The minivan is awesome. It’s a Toyota. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Once again allow me to correct your sleepy and incorrect ideas. I wouldn’t complain about something I don’t and wouldn’t own. This was an observation. The minivan is awesome. It’s a Toyota. 

:lol:

You might be a liberal if:

-You don’t see yourself whining about something that doesn’t affect you.

-You call facts others state “ideas”.

On 7/4/2019 at 1:22 PM, spin_dry said:

I’ve noticed that when following these vehicles, the bed shakes when going over rough surfaces on the road. These are new pick ups. What gives? Is that a design feature. 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

You might be a liberal if:

-You don’t see yourself whining about something that doesn’t affect you.

-You call facts others state “ideas”.

You might be...check that....definitely are  a moron if you consider a simple question "whining" .

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You might be...check that....definitely are  a moron if you consider a simple question "whining" .

Oh.  Well, if I was wrong, allow me to apologize.  I simply evaluated the thread using his history of perpetual whining and assuming when he asked, “Is this a design feature?” on a vehicle he’s proclaimed he’d never own, I just assumed he was again being sarcastic and complaining about something that doesn’t affect him.  Kind of like you do.

I had no idea he’s was asking for knowledge and insight for his data for considering a future purchase.  So, my bad.

But...wait a sec....

vvvvvvvvv

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

And, yuh....

• Haha 2