Check your account email address ×

MI man has to pay his ex- wife $ 15 million after trying to hide his lottery jackpot winnings

If they were married when he won, then of course he owes half, but for child support, if it is 50/50, then she should actually be paying him, since she make 100k and he only makes 36k according to the article.

Edited by racer254

Every person that I have ever known that gets into a divorce pissing match with  shysters inc. , then both deeply regret later ever fighting over  all the meaningless bullshit and  the huge legal costs.  One women that rented from me said she walked out of her marriage with only her clothes and purse and two children , left her husband with the cars , house , pets and his abusive treatment after he was drinking  all the time. She said it was the best decision she has ever made as a adult , and she was only out four  grand in a outstanding  C.C. debt  including legal fees.  Husband had to pay up for the kids.

Edited by hwytohell

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

If they were married when he won, then of course he owes half, but for child support, if it is 50/50, then she should actually be paying him, since she make 100k and he only makes 36k according to the article.

If separated he should not owe half.  Certainly his child support should go up but that's it. 

41 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Just pay the $15m and  be done with it. Sounds like the guy was a deadbeat anyway. How much fucking money do people think they need? :lol: 

:lol:

Liberals think they should be able decide how much people “need”.

26 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Not necessarily.  Only assets accumulated together in a willful joint relationship net half.  And this one sounds like they had separate spending accounts.  Looks like she filed for divorce in 2011 and was clearly the bread winner.  

If it was ugly and she was a bitch, he should spend twice that making sure she gets nothing and tie her up in the courts for ten years.  The mental strain would destroy her.

Sometimes it’s not about the money.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

If separated he should not owe half.  Certainly his child support should go up but that's it. 

Depends if the separation was a legal separation. Even then a good divorce lawyer might find some wiggle room. I’m sure glad my ex and I weren’t fuckheads. Everything right down the middle. 

Edited by spin_dry

1 hour ago, $poorsledder$ said:

So does he owe her half plus child support plus future support?

karma.....

That depends if they have 50/50. If not, of course he has to pay. Neither one earned this money. And $15m...? He can live off dividends and never touch the principle on this. What a waste of time and energy  

I have a good friend who won 2 million on a scratch. He was separated for over almost 2 years at the time. They day he won he called to tell me and as you can imagine he was excited. I said your wife will be happy too as she will get half. He swore because they were separated she wouldn’t get a dime. I just laughed and said just pay her. Eight months later with a large lawyer bill the court ordered a even split...lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

That depends if they have 50/50. If not, of course he has to pay. Neither one earned this money. And $15m...? He can live off dividends and never touch the principle on this. What a waste of time and energy  

5% a year is 750k on the 15 mil.

12 hours ago, Mainecat said:

I have a good friend who won 2 million on a scratch. He was separated for over almost 2 years at the time. They day he won he called to tell me and as you can imagine he was excited. I said your wife will be happy too as she will get half. He swore because they were separated she wouldn’t get a dime. I just laughed and said just pay her. Eight months later with a large lawyer bill the court ordered a even split...lol

What kind of idiot is separated for 2 years without a separation agreement?  

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

What kind of idiot is separated for 2 years without a separation agreement?  

And who gets separated for 2 years? Move on already. Yeesh.

22 hours ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

Liberals think they should be able decide how much people “need”.

Not necessarily.  Only assets accumulated together in a willful joint relationship net half.  And this one sounds like they had separate spending accounts.  Looks like she filed for divorce in 2011 and was clearly the bread winner.  

If it was ugly and she was a bitch, he should spend twice that making sure she gets nothing and tie her up in the courts for ten years.  The mental strain would destroy her.

Sometimes it’s not about the money.

Well, this would be the "fair" way to do it, but if they were married and were not divorced or had some type of legal agreement then she will get half.  He would have too if it was the other way around.  But the 7,000 per month child support when she makes 100k and he only makes 36k is something that is screwed up.

31 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There’s a large percentage of deadbeat fuckwads that make it a nightmare for the guys that are on the up and with child support. 

I know one piece of trash that continues to put an old buddy of mine though hell.  She should be made invisible.

Just now, Zambroski said:

I know one piece of trash that continues to put an old buddy of mine though hell.  She should be made invisible.

9 out of 10 times it's the other way around. There's some real garbage fathers out there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

9 out of 10 times it's the other way around. There's some real garbage fathers out there. 

Oh, no doubt about it but.  But some women get bitter and just can’t allow others to move on.  That’s not fair.  He’s an attorney so he just can’t disappear into the woodwork.  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Oh, no doubt about it but.  But some women get bitter and just can’t allow others to move on.  That’s not fair.  He’s an attorney so he just can’t disappear into the woodwork.  

I've lost track at the amount of women I've known that have just let the entire financial support piece go because their ex's would hunt em down and kill them and the kids if they pushed for support. If I ever won a lottery it would of interest to......oh never mind.