Check your account email address ×

Hannity

19 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'm not sure why it doesn't work for some of you guys.  I just copied and pasted the URL from your link and it embeds.  :dunno:

Somethings up come. Every time I open the site I need to log in.

36 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

That has to be something on you're your end as the site isn't set to forced logins. :dunno:

edited by: ghost of stumpy

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

That has to be something on you're your end as the site isn't set to forced logins. :dunno:

:wtf:  is this edit for real

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

Oh an regardless of the edit regarding on OP's end duhhhhhhh, FAKENEWSMAINECUNT is a dumb fuck its always on his end. :flush: 

Edited by Momorider

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I'm not sure why it doesn't work for some of you guys.  I just copied and pasted the URL from your link and it embeds.  :dunno:

I think you need to fix the YouTube plugin for all different link formats.  Sometimes it's m.youtube, sometimes YouTube.be, ect.

Make @SSFB do something FFS!

Neal

38 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You’re shitting me?

Nope. I'm on here with three different devices and don't need to login on any of them unless I clear my cache.

17 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I think you need to fix the YouTube plugin for all different link formats.  Sometimes it's m.youtube, sometimes YouTube.be, ect.

Neal

There aren't any settings other than to allow embedded content to appear or to show as a link. . There is a newer version of the software available that may add more extensions to be embedded.  I've held off installing it because I had a few database issues when I installed it on QuebecRider.com. FS has a much larger DB and the site could be down for a day.

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

Nope. I'm on here with three different devices and don't need to login on any of them unless I clear my cache.

There aren't any settings other than to allow embedded content to appear or to show as a link. . There is a newer version of the software available that may add more extensions to be embedded.  I've held off installing it because I had a few database issues when I installed it on QuebecRider.com. FS has a much larger DB and the site could be down for a day.

Hemm I haven't been round the IPB control panel in some time, but that's the way it used to be...

Neal

24 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Hemm I haven't been round the IPB control panel in some time, but that's the way it used to be...

Neal

Yes, we used to have a third party plugin for embedding YT. IPB has done a lot of things to make it easier to administer. But they have also taken away some features that were useful. We used to have a deleted post forum that all deleted posts went in to. If we still had that folder Dave would have been caught long ago.

Edited by ckf

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yes, we used to have a third party plugin for embedding YT. IPB has done a lot of things to make it easier to administer. But they have also taken away some features that were useful. We used to have a deleted post forum that all deleted posts went in to. If we still had that folder Dave would have been caught long ago.

Is there a way to bulk delete attachments? It's a pain in the ass to do it individually...

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Snake said:

Is there a way to bulk delete attachments? It's a pain in the ass to do it individually...

X2....I'd go through and clear all mine out if I could at least do it by page or in groups. Way too lazy to do it individually :lol: 

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Probably testing you to see if you can remember log on info:read: or to slow the flow of duh underground propaganda

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Snake said:

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

X2....I'd go through and clear all mine out if I could at least do it by page or in groups. Way too lazy to do it individually :lol: 

X3

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

Just hit the share button on the YouTube vid.

hit copy link button that comes up

then paste it here. 

Never fails and always works

1 hour ago, ckf said:

people would fricken die if that were to happen...

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Just hit the share button on the YouTube vid.

hit copy link button that comes up

then paste it here. 

Never fails and always works

We all understand that, with a browser, however when in different mobile apps the share link isn't always in the same syntax as desktop browsers.

Thus the controlling embedding plugin/software must be modified to accept all those various flavors.  Those link formats are generated by the various APIs that YouTube (or even third parties) uses.  

For example here is share from chrome browswer (youtu.be/videoIDhere)

Here is a video shared from the mobile YouTube Music app:

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=siIaaBIVbZE&feature=share

Notice how the second does not auto-embed?  That's because the forum software doesn't recognize the music.youtube.com format, and thus treats it as a normal web link and doesn't embed it.

Neal

22 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

We all understand that, with a browser, however when in different mobile apps the share link isn't always in the same syntax as desktop browsers.

Thus the controlling embedding plugin/software must be modified to accept all those various flavors.  Those link formats are generated by the various APIs that YouTube (or even third parties) uses.  

For example here is share from chrome browswer (youtu.be/videoIDhere)

Here is a video shared from the mobile YouTube Music app:

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=siIaaBIVbZE&feature=share

Notice how the second does not auto-embed?  That's because the forum software doesn't recognize the music.youtube.com format, and thus treats it as a normal web link and doesn't embed it.

Neal

I'll pick a day over the next couple of weeks and do the update to see if that helps. I'll try to give everyone a few day notice just in case the site is down for a while.