Check your account email address ×

Hannity

30 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

We all understand that, with a browser, however when in different mobile apps the share link isn't always in the same syntax as desktop browsers.

Thus the controlling embedding plugin/software must be modified to accept all those various flavors.  Those link formats are generated by the various APIs that YouTube (or even third parties) uses.  

For example here is share from chrome browswer (youtu.be/videoIDhere)

Here is a video shared from the mobile YouTube Music app:

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=siIaaBIVbZE&feature=share

Notice how the second does not auto-embed?  That's because the forum software doesn't recognize the music.youtube.com format, and thus treats it as a normal web link and doesn't embed it.

Neal

It's just magic.

11 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Was modifying the embeds a known added feature in the new software?

Neal

yes. we used to have to manually add the extensions that we wanted to embed. Now even some links to articles embed a little caption of the article. There may be some custom options available, but I haven't dug in to it.

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Just go to the regular YouTube....  no reason at all to go to YouTube music...  everything is on YouTube.

not that hard

Somebody gets it!  :bc:

Eggheads gonna egghead.

9 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Just go to the regular YouTube....  no reason at all to go to YouTube music...  everything is on YouTube.

not that hard

There are different features of use between the two, you being to lazy to engage in them doesn't apply to everyone.

It's not that hard.

Neal

• Gold Member
Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

There are different features of use between the two, you being to lazy to engage in them doesn't apply to everyone.

It's not that hard.

Neal

You being lazy and not going to regular YouTube is the problem.  Not many else have these troubles cause they are smart enough to know what embeds

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

You being lazy and not going to regular YouTube is the problem.  Not many else have these troubles cause they are smart enough to know what embeds

It isn't about being lazy, it's about the features that either app offers.  

You are technically inept, and that isn't my fault.  :bc:

Neal

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

It isn't about being lazy, it's about the features that either app offers.  

You are technically inept, and that isn't my fault.  :bc:

Neal

au contraire my friend...  you were the one unable to embed a Volbeat song on here which took me like 2 seconds to embed it.

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

au contraire my friend...  you were the one unable to embed a Volbeat song on here which took me like 2 seconds to embed it.

I never stated or implied that I was unable, in fact I pointed out the issue to @ckf a few days ago, where he followed the music.youtube.com link and liked a feature that it provided, a playlist creation that doesn't occur on normal youtube apps.  

Again, your technical ineptness isn't my fault.  I made a suggestion about a feature, and it sounds like it will be implemented.  Excellent result.

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated

17 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I never stated or implied that I was unable, in fact I pointed out the issue to @ckf a few days ago, where he followed the music.youtube.com link and liked a feature that it provided, a playlist creation that doesn't occur on normal youtube apps.  

Again, your technical ineptness isn't my fault.  I made a suggestion about a feature, and it sounds like it will be implemented.  Excellent result.

Neal

I found a simple plugin that is supposed to auto embed anything that is streamable. Give it a whirl and let me know if it works.

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Do you have to modify the plugin first?

Neal

No settings. It's supposed to just work :lol:

Edited by ckf