Check your account email address ×

Powersports industry thieves.

This was from a dealer in PA.  The last paragraph is particularly interesting and we have all seen the videos wondering how they got those bikes....now we all know.

Early this morning we were burglarized. It was pretty much the same as January – they stole multiple dirt bikes. This time we don’t need the public’s help to find the vehicles. Both the stolen vehicles used to transport them and our dirt bikes have been recovered. Some arrests have been made, although if you have any further information about anyone involved please share it with West Brandywine Police Department. The point of this post is to bring some awareness to the problem Powersports Dealers are facing. This is the second time we were hit in 5 months. And we’re not the only ones. Dealers in PA, NY, VA, MD, DE and NJ have all been hit and a bunch of us have been hit multiple times. Their goal is typically competition dirt bikes but they have also been grabbing play dirt bikes when they can.

We will not be posting any videos publicly because we’re not interested in glorifying what they’re doing. Our opinion is that they are worse than scum. If you want something, work for it. Pay for it with honest hard-earned cash.

Everyone here at Cycle Max is beyond grateful to
the police departments that came together to pursue and ultimately capture the thieves. Thank you - West Brandywine PD, East Brandywine Township Police Department, PA State Police, Valley Township Police Department, Maryland State Police, East Fallowfield Police Department and Chester County Sheriff's Office of PA. If we neglected to add a department please forgive us but there were just that many police departments involved!

These thieves are not members of our local community but rather inner-city gangs using the vehicles illegally. They are a tarnish on the dirt bike community and it’s really just a damn shame what they’re doing to us and our fellow Powersport Dealers. We are all hard-working people who really, truly love our industry and they’re souring an entire group of vehicles we sell.

• Platinum Contributing Member

There have been a rash of thefts here in the Northeast as well. One of my old racing buddies had three or four bikes stolen, then several months later one of them ended up into the side of a parked car in downtown Springfield, killing the rider. Good.  I hope that happens more often.  

Just now, DriftBusta said:

There have been a rash of thefts here in the Northeast as well. One of my old racing buddies had three or four bikes stolen, then several months later one of them ended up into the side of a parked car in downtown Springfield, killing the rider. Good.  I hope that happens more often.  

Regina is getting really bad....shits even getting stolen during the day now...cameras dont seem to matter either. This guy here is stealing my buddies dump trailer...apparently its been found minus the cover.

Screenshot_20190530-145843_Facebook.jpg

my bud has had 6 jets ski ripped off in the last 4 yrs . 

mostly sparks.  I think because they are so ez to tear down and the huls crack so often ?

really fucks with your insurance premiums if they even keep you 

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

my bud has had 6 jets ski ripped off in the last 4 yrs . 

mostly sparks.  I think because they are so ez to tear down and the huls crack so often ?

really fucks with your insurance premiums if they even keep you 

Lol no he didn’t... 

I like it better when Stumpy edits your posts for spelling... @ckf please reinstate his admin status. 😂

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Ever see those videos of guys stunting out of place bikes and quads through the hood?

Yep, those are the videos I am talking about.....and where are the cops.  I drive within a foot of a country road around here and the cops start patrolling.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Yep, those are the videos I am talking about.....and where are the cops.  I drive within a foot of a country road around here and the cops start patrolling.

I was wondering where the hell they were getting the bikes & quads.  They just did a major crack down in Detroit. Kind of a dicey situation around here, after the kid was tazed & killed riding quad. They were pretty much letting them have free reign in the city.  Waited for them to park & did a huge raid, taking all the bikes.  

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

I was wondering where the hell they were getting the bikes & quads.  They just did a major crack down in Detroit. Kind of a dicey situation around here, after the kid was tazed & killed riding quad. They were pretty much letting them have free reign in the city.  Waited for them to park & did a huge raid, taking all the bikes.  

I know in one of those cases a cop was charged with causing a kids death.  Im sorry if youre riding a stolen vehicle illegally on a city street,  you take your chances, and no one else is responsible if you refuse to stop and obey an officers commands.

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I know in one of those cases a cop was charged with causing a kids death.  Im sorry if youre riding a stolen vehicle illegally on a city street,  you take your chances, and no one else is responsible if you refuse to stop and obey an officers commands.

Couple of trials later he was convicted of manslaughter........... 5-15 maybe?   cant recall.   The guy was a dick. Tried to claim the kid was flashing a  gun. I don't have any sympathy for him.

12 hours ago, STUMPY said:

Yup

Shoot, They do it right in front of my work. Syracuse cops are not allowed to chase them. Like 5-6 years ago a cop was chasing a kid on a dirt bike through the city, of course he crashes into a car, gets hurt pretty good. Parents sue the SPD, the cop, and the driver of the car that he hit and obviously win.. SMFH..

31 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Couple of trials later he was convicted of manslaughter........... 5-15 maybe?   cant recall.   The guy was a dick. Tried to claim the kid was flashing a  gun. I don't have any sympathy for him.

I’m not gonna defend any overzealous cops, that’s what we have a judicial system for, rooting those bad ones out. But years ago if you stole a man’s horse the penalty was hanging. Now you can steal his car or his motorcycle and the cops arent even allowed to give Chase?!

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I’m not gonna defend any overzealous cops, that’s what we have a judicial system for, rooting those bad ones out. But years ago if you stole a man’s horse the penalty was hanging. Now you can steal his car or his motorcycle and the cops arent even allowed to give Chase?!

Perfectly said. 

21 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I think the problem is we want to broad brush everything / everyone.  You have to look at each case & judge on the merits. Not all cops are good or bad. Who is black or white.  This was just a young kid riding a ORV.  If a cop shot my kid over riding his dirt bike on the road, I would shove that gun up his ass sideways and pull the trigger. 

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

I think the problem is we want to broad brush everything / everyone.  You have to look at each case & judge on the merits. Not all cops are good or bad. Who is black or white.  This was just a young kid riding a ORV.  If a cop shot my kid over riding his dirt bike on the road, I would shove that gun up his ass sideways and pull the trigger. 

Cops where I grew up were all dicks. I know because they were my friend’s dads. :lol: They put my buddy down in gravel chasing him thru the park on his bike. 

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

Cops where I grew up were all dicks. I know because they were my friend’s dads. :lol: They put my buddy down in gravel chasing him thru the park on his bike. 

They were not real friendly to us either, but the  worse that ever happened was having to push our bikes to trails .  Pain in the ass for me.  Probably close to a mile away. 

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

It's easier to deal with kids, instead of thugs.  Kids are scared of the consequences, not thugs.

Edited by racer254

I have no stomach for thieves.  Keep your dirty, stinking fucking paws off others peoples shit.   If they wouldn't just become a burden on society I'd like to see thieves get their hands chopped off.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That State Trooper was a well known dick and tazing that kid was wrong.

because a guy was on a hot off-road toy on a road fleeing a cop ? 

fuck that taze that fucker if that won't work ram his ass off the road . I would be happy if it was my sled or quad or car that some POS ripped off and a cop took the fucker out 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

because a guy was on a hot off-road toy on a road fleeing a cop ? 

fuck that taze that fucker if that won't work ram his ass off the road . I would be happy if it was my sled or quad or car that some POS ripped off and a cop took the fucker out 

Yeah well you're a real badass...it was a teenager fucking around on a 4 wheeler and  the trooper is going to prison. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

I have no stomach for thieves.  Keep your dirty, stinking fucking paws off others peoples shit.   If they wouldn't just become a burden on society I'd like to see thieves get their hands chopped off.  

Sharia Law....don't tell Fordy.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah well you're a real badass...it was a teenager fucking around on a 4 wheeler and  the trooper is going to prison. 

was it a hot 4 wheeler ? was the guy trying to run ? .

if he was trying to run he knew the risk