Check your account email address ×

Amash greeted with a standing ovation at Michigan town hall

Amash greeted with a standing ovation at Michigan town hall

Source: CNN

Updated 10:55 PM ET, Tue May 28, 2019 

Grand Rapids, Michigan (CNN)Republican Rep. Justin Amash of Michigan may have been prepared to deal with critics at his first town hall since publicly stating earlier this month that President Donald Trump has engaged in impeachable conduct, but instead he got a standing ovation Tuesday. 

Attendees even booed and heckled a woman in a Make America Great Again hat who defended Trump, prompting Amash to step in. "Let's be respectful," he urged the crowd. 

During the town hall, which went on for two hours, an hour longer than planned, Amash defended his conservative credentials -- "I'm who I said I was. I'm a principled, constitutional conservative" -- and once again brushed off a new primary challenge from Michigan state Rep. Jim Lower. 

"I am not concerned about it," Amash told the crowd, adding: "And in any case, you should always do what's right." 

A potential third-party presidential bid also came up during the event; Amash again declined to rule out running for president in 2020, or any other higher office, though he did say his impeachment stance wasn't the way he would roll out such an effort.............. 

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/28/politics/justin-amash-town-hall-trump-impeachment/index.html

All this impeachment talk is fodder for fools. They may impeach in the house but it won’t get past the senate. Nothing but political grandstanding for the sheep like MC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

All this impeachment talk is fodder for fools. They may impeach in the house but it won’t get past the senate. Nothing but political grandstanding for the sheep like MC.

Yep, its a big nothingburger. If they want him out they need to beat him. Everything else is wasted time and energy. 

19 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yep, its a big nothingburger. If they want him out they need to beat him. Everything else is wasted time and energy. 

Unless you lied about a blow job.

25 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Bingo

28 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I think it’s not only awesome, but it gives law makers something to do. Like with Benghazi. 

Amash made his claim into “favoritism” by bashing Trump with an idiotic opinion even the Dems are afraid to act on.

That’s too bad.  He may have been a more viable candidate if he’d have kept some integrity about himself and run on issues.  Of course, we still wouldn’t know who he was if he did that.

Fail.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I think it’s not only awesome, but it gives law makers something to do. Like with Benghazi. 

That was willful neglect of the office and led to an American post being overrun and lives lost.

But, “same”.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That was willful neglect of the office and led to an American post being overrun and lives lost.

But, “same”.

The military statistician who sits on a snowmobile internet website 16 hours a day says what ? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

The military statistician who sits on a snowmobile internet website 16 hours a day says what ? 

vvvvvvvvv

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

But, “same”.

38 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Local news showed people drilling him hard & not happy. The Devos family which funded him originally - pulled all their funding from him also.

And more stepped up financially to support him.

• Platinum Contributing Member
44 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Local news showed people drilling him hard & not happy. The Devos family which funded him originally - pulled all their funding from him also.

The Devos Family....of course they pulled their money...they are longtime residents of the swamp Trump is supposedly draining.

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Unless you lied about a blow job.

Another idiot that has no comprehension of the facts behind Clinton's impeachment.  

You can debate whether or not the crimes were serious enough to call for impeachment but to continuously claim it was about a bj is obtuse. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The Devos family. :lol: 

The Helen Devos Children’s Hospital is a wonderful place but they are firmly entrenched in the swamp so it’s not surprising they are pulling money from someone critical of Trump.

48 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

I saw that too.  That one lady in the MAGA hat tried to say he had become a democrat :lol:  He just calmly responded that he was still the same fiscally principled tea party guy from when he was voted in and will be consistent in his message no matter who the President is.  

I just don’t think some here are used to seeing what integrity looks like.  

• Like 1

Just now, spin_dry said:

I used to be a republican. So there really wasn’t anything new to learn. 

Ok, Vince.  I ind you 100% credible now and take all your whining anti-Trump, anti-America posts seriously.

How did you like Bush’s inauguration party?

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

And more stepped up financially to support him.

Some big nosed idiot on the sidewalk that looked like Bhen, was supporting him.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The Devos Family....of course they pulled their money...they are longtime residents of the swamp Trump is supposedly draining.

I don't think they are part of the swamp.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I know nothing about him. But if he dislikes trump, I’m with him. 

Honest reply.   :bc:

others on here would never admit it.