Check your account email address ×

Alabama Passes Bill Banning Almost All Abortions

4 hours ago, Anler said:

Abortions are the most ethical and cost effective means of fiscal responsibility after birth control. More abortions please!!

Abortions are eugenics. Haven’t you heard? :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Exactly but HM says whoosh.

What your saying about all Alabama babies is about as racist as it gets.

JS: All aborted babies from Alabama are from inner city crack whores.

Parents wanting to adopt go all over the world including China to find unwanted children.   I highly doubt those from Alabama would be a problem finding homes for.

13 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Ghetto junkie offspring?

Quite a racist claim.

Parents go all over the world including China to adopt kids.   I don't think placing kids from Alabama would be an issue.  

15 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

My mom stopped working when the kids were born. It was more important to be at home than have extra cash. 

My wife worked less than a shift per week after the kids were born. But not everyone can afford that. 

Canadians get about a year off now.  We have real family values.  Not fake values. 

Not paid for a year and its a govt program.

Canada. ... On top of mandating maternity leave, the government offers paid leave for one or both parents through Canada's employment insurance plan. A pregnant employee or new mother can take a paid maternity leave of up to 15 weeks.

Edited by Highmark

42 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Canada. ... On top of mandating maternity leave, the government offers paid leave for one or both parents through Canada's employment insurance plan. A pregnant employee or new mother can take a paid maternity leave of up to 15 weeks.

It's more than that.  However it seems Rev has a fairly low opinion of women.

44 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The trouble with arguing with Trump supporters is I don’t know whether they are intentionally lying to make s point or are too stupid to properly research the facts. 

Here is the rest of the information. 

Note  it got a little distorted in the cut and past which may confuse you further depending on how badly TDS affects you  

Benefit overview

Benefit name Maximum weeks Benefit rate Weekly max
Maternity (for the person giving birth) up to 15 weeks 55% up to $562

Maternity benefits can be followed by parental benefits. You can apply for both at once.

Standard parental up to 40 weeks, but one parent cannot receive more than 35 weeks of standard benefits 55% up to $562
Extended parental up to 69 weeks, but one parent cannot receive more than 61 weeks of extended benefits 33% up to $337

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It's more than that.  However it seems Rev has a fairly low opinion of women.

I have a high enough opinion of women that I believe they have a right to choose what they do with their bodies. 

Without government interference. 

As do most people in free societies. 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

The trouble with arguing with Trump supporters is I don’t know whether they are intentionally lying to make s point or are too stupid to properly research the facts. 

Here is the rest of the information. 

Note  it got a little distorted in the cut and past which may confuse you further depending on how badly TDS affects you  

Benefit overview

Maternity (for the person giving birth) up to 15 weeks 55% up to $562

Maternity benefits can be followed by parental benefits. You can apply for both at once.

Standard parental up to 40 weeks, but one parent cannot receive more than 35 weeks of standard benefits 55% up to $562
Extended parental up to 69 weeks, but one parent cannot receive more than 61 weeks of extended benefits 33% up to $337

Sorry dude but being paid 33% is hardly full paid time off.  

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Sorry dude but being paid 33% is hardly full paid time off.  

Read it again. Even crusher has enough brains that he can figure it out. Maybe you are too stupid and not just being dishonest  

Slightly less than $31,000.00 over 55 weeks. Plus an extra $4,700.00

Canada has real family values that I’m sure Momo crusher and dumpy would have fought against. 

They don’t want to interfere after it’s a baby. Just when it’s in a woman’s body. 

Kind of sick really. 

47 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I have a high enough opinion of women that I believe they have a right to choose what they do with their bodies. 

Without government interference. 

As do most people in free societies. 

Yah and if they decide to keep it, they should stay home barefoot and pregnant.

Fuck with that mentality, they should abort.:lol:

Edited by ArcticCrusher

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yah and if they decide to keep it, they should stay home barefoot and pregnant.

Fuck with that mentality, they should abort.:lol:

Not barefoot. But one parent being at home for the first year after birth is better for the child and the family.  

Funny that you dummies think I’m left wing but we didn’t have kids until we could afford to have my wife stay home with them. It was awesome.  She took the kids to the library, biking, she went to lots of exercise classes. When I was on call I never had to worry who would take care of the kids when I got called in. Housework grocery shopping and home cooked meals were all taken care of when I got home. We could sit around the table and talk during dinner.  Probably cost us 30 grand per year but totally worth it. 

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

Quite a racist claim.

Parents go all over the world including China to adopt kids.   I don't think placing kids from Alabama would be an issue.  

And maybe its not but why should someone have to go thru childbirth to have a kid they don't want

26 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

And maybe its not but why should someone have to go thru childbirth to have a kid they don't want

Because it makes HM feel better.

22 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Because the minority thinks so. 

Bingo

35 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Because at some point its a human being.   Argue all you want about when life begins but the fact that we charge people with double homicide when a pregnant woman is killed yet allow abortions is pretty telling.   Society has chosen whether or not the person is wanted as to whether it has the right to live.   Sounds quite 1930's-40's Germany to me.  

Would it be murder if the govt made some abortions mandatory?  

Govt: Sorry your single mom you must have this abortion.

Woman: But I have a good job and my family will help supporting us.

Govt: Sorry.   Its not murder its what's best for society.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Because it makes HM feel better.

Bingo

I love how people think there needs to be a reason to defend the lives of the unborn.   Sad.    How about its just the right thing to do.  

57 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Not barefoot. But one parent being at home for the first year after birth is better for the child and the family.  

Funny that you dummies think I’m left wing but we didn’t have kids until we could afford to have my wife stay home with them. It was awesome.  She took the kids to the library, biking, she went to lots of exercise classes. When I was on call I never had to worry who would take care of the kids when I got called in. Housework grocery shopping and home cooked meals were all taken care of when I got home. We could sit around the table and talk during dinner.  Probably cost us 30 grand per year but totally worth it. 

Sounds like equals.

36 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I love how people think there needs to be a reason to defend the lives of the unborn.   Sad.    How about its just the right thing to do.  

they aren't born they have no life.  they are like a cyst in the early stages 

44 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Right thing to do is allow it to be the mother’s choice. She lives with the decision. Even Israel knows this. God’s chosen people. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Right thing to do is allow it to be the mother’s choice. She lives with the decision. Even Israel knows this. God’s chosen people. 

Not mother don’t give these bible thumpers ammo. Just knocked up woman until she gives birth. 

Big gubernment doesn’t belong in our wallets. But please tell women what to do.

It’s weird what people decide the government should control.

I live In Canada and we have it great. Gun control and no abortion laws.  

"If the stagnancy and breakdown of our abortion polling numbers indicate anything, it's that Americans don't want to abolish the practice outright but remain extremely uncomfortable with the Left's fetishization of it. "