Check your account email address ×

Shipping a car

anyone got any recommendations on a shipping company.  looks like i need to ship a car from Texas to NH assuming when the wife gets there it's in decent shape.  only spent 1 winter in chicago so hoping it's clean and rust free vs what we can find up here to replace the boys jeep

Just make sure that whatever company you use is insured and DOT'ed. Many shippers on line. You'll probably have to pay 12-1700. I'ved used a shipper out of Pembroke who did ok by me.

Edited by J. Jackson

6 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Just make sure that whatever company you use is insured and DOT'ed. Many shippers on line. You'll probably have to pay 12-1700. I'ved used a shipper out of Pembroke who did ok by me.

The guy with the cat ? He died . 

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

anyone got any recommendations on a shipping company.  looks like i need to ship a car from Texas to NH assuming when the wife gets there it's in decent shape.  only spent 1 winter in chicago so hoping it's clean and rust free vs what we can find up here to replace the boys jeep

Yeah , remember that broad on the Uship show with the HUGE cans ?  See if she's still around.

5 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I've never used uship. I only use professional vehicle transporters. The downside is that they hate single pickups, might take a bit longer.

Edited by J. Jackson

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yep Roy died.....damn he was an ornery sumbitch. 

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yeah , remember that broad on the Uship show with the HUGE cans ?  See if she's still around.

Either one will do...

IMG_4760.JPG.ea229d5d4fbe76f1c1dbb4cfd8905b7b.JPGIMG_4761.JPG.67e29deb55aee3f07a9b883c5b911c66.JPG

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yep Roy died.....damn he was an ornery sumbitch. 

Either one will do...

IMG_4760.JPG.ea229d5d4fbe76f1c1dbb4cfd8905b7b.JPGIMG_4761.JPG.67e29deb55aee3f07a9b883c5b911c66.JPG

Yeah , he was from here in NH . Alway's pissed off :lol:      Jackson only uses Pro's though. Probly the same Pro's we used awhile back to ship a 66 nova ss out to Washington state . By the time the thing finally got there I think the repair bill was like 17k .   :bc:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

One winter in Chicago is equivalent to 5 years anywhere else. 

If you were on the west coast I could help. 

I shipped the Wrangler from Anchorage to Tacoma last summer. $1200. 5 day trip. It goes in a container and stays completely dry the whole trip. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

I've tried Uship several times and found better rates from local freight companies. Call the local Adesa car auction and they will have a list of companies that move cars on a daily basis.

• Thanks 1

i got quotes from a few freight brokers between 800 and a grand.  I could prob save some money taking the car to dallas where theres more movement as well and thats only 2 hours away if the family left down there will cooperate.  end of day if my kid gets a new car for a grand it is worth it, selling it there and rebuying up here would cost me more than that.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

i got quotes from a few freight brokers between 800 and a grand.  I could prob save some money taking the car to dallas where theres more movement as well and thats only 2 hours away if the family left down there will cooperate.  end of day if my kid gets a new car for a grand it is worth it, selling it there and rebuying up here would cost me more than that.  

Get in touch with Big Jim and ask him for suggestions :bc:

20 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

What kind of car?

it's a 12 or 13 kia sorrento .  told the wife to send me some pics later so i can see what kind of shape it is in.  we are assuming low miles as the MIL hasn't been driving much the last 2-3 years.  if it's in good shape he should get 4-5 years easily out of it and I can probably put 3-4k in my pocket selling his jeep because even with rust they have value.  We are trying to get this all figured out this week as no one wants to have to head back to dallas so they are cleaning out her place in the next few days and found a charity to come an take the furnishings so we are left dealing with a car and a condo outside Chicago.  

37 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

it's a 12 or 13 kia sorrento .  told the wife to send me some pics later so i can see what kind of shape it is in.  we are assuming low miles as the MIL hasn't been driving much the last 2-3 years.  if it's in good shape he should get 4-5 years easily out of it and I can probably put 3-4k in my pocket selling his jeep because even with rust they have value.  We are trying to get this all figured out this week as no one wants to have to head back to dallas so they are cleaning out her place in the next few days and found a charity to come an take the furnishings so we are left dealing with a car and a condo outside Chicago.  

You need anything done here in Chicago let me know Jeff.

Too bad you didnt mention this earlier,  i was concidering staying down there longer afterbeing there for a funeral myself and could have driven it back....    i am going back the end of june.

I spent Saturday emailing different shipping companies looking for a price for shipping a pickup from Orlando to Vermont. The sale didn't happen but now the shipping companies won't leave me alone. The door to door price varied from $1200 to $1700 on an open transporter.

50 minutes ago, old indy said:

Too bad you didnt mention this earlier,  i was concidering staying down there longer afterbeing there for a funeral myself and could have driven it back....    i am going back the end of june.

she passed yesterday.  with it being so far away we are trying to button up things quick.  her aunts live there so we can park it for awhile.