Check your account email address ×

Spending money on making America great again?

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Our Governor wants to raise the gas tax 45 cents a gallon which would make Michigan the highest in the nation and while it seems almost punitive it really needs to be done as our bridges and roads are terrible.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2019/04/23/michigan-gas-tax-increase-2019/3550429002/

Its too redical. They tried here for a little over 18 cents last time dems had power and it didn't pass . A nickle would have.

Nickels not enough,  10 cents federal 10 cents state and prob 20 cents federal on diesel plus instead of giving EV tax benefits they need to be taxed for their road use.  and while theres some minor pain involved it's the fairest tax we have as a country where the actual users are paying.  

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Our Governor wants to raise the gas tax 45 cents a gallon which would make Michigan the highest in the nation and while it seems almost punitive it really needs to be done as our bridges and roads are terrible.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2019/04/23/michigan-gas-tax-increase-2019/3550429002/

20 cents a gallon here in MN, which would put us 4th.  No mention of the billion dollar plus surplus or nothing...

Are they on a choo-choo train kick on MI like we are in MN?

39 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

20 cents a gallon here in MN, which would put us 4th.  No mention of the billion dollar plus surplus or nothing...

Are they on a choo-choo train kick on MI like we are in MN?

Not that I've heard....just good old pavement  and concrete. 

5 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

For roads and bridges a 5-7 cent per gallon hike in the federal fuel tax along with a surcharge for electric cars would help out quite a bit.

The gas tax is 18.4 cents a gallon and has been since 1993, if you just index it to inflation it would be 13.4 cents, which still won't be enough.

5 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The people who actually feel that sort of draconian tax are the poor. So stupid. 

Our gas taxes have not been raised since 1993, yet we know MPG's have increased dramatically since then, and we know inflation has increased by 73% since 1993. The good news is that corporate tax rate got cut from 35% to 21%, that should have trickled down to the poor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_taxes_in_the_United_States

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Nickels not enough,  10 cents federal 10 cents state and prob 20 cents federal on diesel plus instead of giving EV tax benefits they need to be taxed for their road use.  and while theres some minor pain involved it's the fairest tax we have as a country where the actual users are paying.  

When EV's fill up on the grid they are charged tax in their electric bill...

Edited by BOHICA

9 hours ago, Anler said:

I like it! This will put a couple million in my pockets! Thanks Trump!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-democrats-agree-spend-2-trillion-infrastructure-schumer-170628778--sector.html

But the debt/deficit!!!!11111 :lmao:

7 hours ago, Highmark said:

But the debt/deficit!!!!11111 :lmao:

You don't care so why should I? This will put alot of coin in my pocket! #winning!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Anler said:

You don't care so why should I? This will put alot of coin in my pocket! #winning!

I'm not constantly posting about it. 

What dumbass in their right mind thinks we need a bigger gas tax, all the while they have been robbing the transportation fund?  FFS some of you are just plain ignorant....a fool and his money are easily parted. 

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

What dumbass in their right mind thinks we need a bigger gas tax, all the while they have been robbing the transportation fund?  FFS some of you are just plain ignorant....a fool and his money are easily parted. 

Connecticut is now trying to get a texting on sidewalk fine passed..  More fucking revenue.. Fuck them

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Our state needs it because our roads and bridges are fucking crumbling.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Our state needs it because our roads and bridges are fucking crumbling.

But the Kenyan was supposed to fix that. what happened?

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

But the Kenyan was supposed to fix that. what happened?

Who cares...our roads are still crumbling. Anything else dummy?

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Who cares...our roads are still crumbling. Anything else dummy?

Kenyan pass noted..

smelly croc guy

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Kenyan pass noted..

smelly croc guy

I didn’t vote for him and our roads  are still crumbling...anything else dummy?

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I didn’t vote for him and our roads  are still crumbling...anything else dummy?

youre a painter.. cant get any more dumb than that.. A fucking HS summer job LMAO.. Cool man

Just now, Pete said:

youre a painter.. cant get any more dumb than that.. A fucking HS summer job LMAO.. Cool man

Yeah that’s great Dopo but our roads are still crumbling....anything else Nancy Sinatra? 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah that’s great Dopo but our roads are still crumbling....anything else Nancy Sinatra? 

Go complain to the Kenyan.. he was supposed to fix it all.

Smell croc guy