Check your account email address ×

Mid Engine C8 Corvette Coming In July

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Anler said:

And I got 2 life long Ford guys to buy a new ram pick up after driving mine. My supt is getting ready to scrap his ecobooth due to all of the problems he has had with it lately. Guess what he is looking at? That'll be 3 converts.  :bc:

My ram was a great truck,.. extremely fast with some mild tinkering. Would eat any other truck on the road at will..my gmc is by far a better riding truck and more luxurious,..but fucker is slow as fuck killer gas mpg though.

Just now, Rigid1 said:

My ram was a great truck,.. extremely fast with some mild tinkering. Would eat any other truck on the road at will..my gmc is by far a better riding truck and more luxurious,..but fucker is slow as fuck killer gas mpg though.

My tundra will climb trees.  I figure i'm in the 450-460 HP range now.  But, 11-12 mpg.

Still, it's just a fucking truck.  It sounds mean as fuck and has torque out the ass but really, I feel like the cash I've dumped on it was a waste.  I won't do it again.  

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

The GM's have a lower gear rear end which makes acceleration dull but gives them better mpgs. I think my ram rides pretty good but Vince's new high country rides like a Cadillac. Those gm v-8's will run forever too. I've had several that went 200-300,000 miles and beyond before I got rid of them. I currently have gm, Ford and ram trucks. The GM's have statistically been the most trouble free. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

FUCK...I've got to duck out of this thread.  I'm looking at Vettes again.  :lol: 

This place is bad.  All bad!!!!

You need to, because you're starting to sound like that stupid know nothing dumb fuck Analreceiver 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

My tundra will climb trees.  I figure i'm in the 450-460 HP range now.  But, 11-12 mpg.

Still, it's just a fucking truck.  It sounds mean as fuck and has torque out the ass but really, I feel like the cash I've dumped on it was a waste.  I won't do it again.  

The Toyotas are good trucks but they lack in features. But for a good reliable truck I would have no problem owning one. 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

The GM's have a lower gear rear end which makes acceleration dull but gives them better mpgs. I think my ram rides pretty good but Vince's new high country rides like a Cadillac. Those gm v-8's will run forever too. I've had several that went 200-300,000 miles and beyond before I got rid of them. I currently have gm, Ford and ram trucks. The GM's have statistically been the most trouble free. 

I have a 2010 chev 1/2 ton I bought new and put straight to work. Mostly all gravel road and hauling stuff. Just about to roll over 200k and besides maintenance about the only thing I’ve done to it is a wheel bearing 

Just now, DUMPY said:

I have a 2010 chev 1/2 ton I bought new and put straight to work. Mostly all gravel road and hauling stuff. Just about to roll over 200k and besides maintenance about the only thing I’ve done to it is a wheel bearing 

I have a 2004 6.0 with almost 300k on it and still goes out everyday. The body is in bad shape tho. 

I have a 2004 6.0 with almost 300k on it and still goes out everyday. The body is in bad shape tho. 

Lots of gm’s of that vintage ripping around here. Not many fords. 

7 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

You need to, because you're starting to sound like that stupid know nothing dumb fuck Analreceiver 

LOL....if you think the Mustang is the Vette equivalent.  Smile...your a brand biased fuck-O!  :lol:

The Toyotas are good trucks but they lack in features. But for a good reliable truck I would have no problem owning one. 

That's true.  My interior looks pretty basic compared to my buddies new rides.  I even read an article that said how "basic" the Tundras were.  However, I like it.  I like it a lot. I've always been a SIlverado guy but this Tundra has me smitten with it.  Durability second to none.  Period.  And I've put a shitload of miles on trucks over the years.

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

Duck because of ownage!

Best bet for you

The Miata...check it out.  Save yourself some money and get a car with a lot more "bang for the buck" than the mustang.  :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

This race team is down the road from me, they have done very well. They also have a successful Porsche team.  The Vette has been doing very well at the track in the last 5 years.https://sportscarchampionship.imsa.com/team/corvette-racing-no-4

Racing dominance.  I've got a signed poster from the C6R team.

15 minutes ago, Anler said:

I've got some stupid issues with my gmc, driver's side heated seat no longer works, a/c stopped working in October condenser is leaking, and my chrome rims are just falling apart and will not hold air..but the 22mpg is freaking awesome, my best is 28mpg..

27 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

My ram was 535hp, getting 0-60 in the low 5's high 4's..topped out at 141mph..in a full size 4door truck was rocking..

I had some tool in an old like 90's Vette try and get by me on an on ramp because I was towing my trailer with a couple of zero turns on it..of course he has a chick in his car too..well needless to say, his girl was laughing at him..Granted that years vettes really didn't have much under the hood..

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

His motorcycle and car collection is nuts. He has about 1% of them on display at the weather tech retail store in Bolingbrook IL. 

24 minutes ago, Anler said:

My 19 2500 Exspress with the 4.3 8 speed is averaging 18mpg loaded up. Still has plenty of passing power at 75mph. The boss bought 8 of them in Jan and just ordered 10 more for Aug delivery. The 20 Transits in the Fleet are killing him in mpg and repairs. The older Chevys in the Fleet have less repair and maintenance cost than the newer ferds.

Edited by Woodtick

14 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I've got some stupid issues with my gmc, driver's side heated seat no longer works, a/c stopped working in October condenser is leaking, and my chrome rims are just falling apart and will not hold air..but the 22mpg is freaking awesome, my best is 28mpg..

Electronics and fuel pumps are notorious issues with GM's. 

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

My ram was 535hp, getting 0-60 in the low 5's high 4's..topped out at 141mph..in a full size 4door truck was rocking..

I had some tool in an old like 90's Vette try and get by me on an on ramp because I was towing my trailer with a couple of zero turns on it..of course he has a chick in his car too..well needless to say, his girl was laughing at him..Granted that years vettes really didn't have much under the hood..

Yeah....these newer trucks are really something on performance.  These aren't dads old pick-up anymore.

My first vette was a 92 Z51.  i was so excited.  As I moved up to the newer Z06's, it made that thing look (and act) like a slug.  Still, I'm a vette guy.  I can appreciate them all.  The only real true world class, American "super car". 

I'd consider an older one someday too.  I loved the 80-82 versions.  Just sexy to me.

Hey....my boys are on your ice to play for a consecutive National Championship today.  My daughter is there...I almost flew out myself.  We could have had a drink or 12.  :bc: 

Image result for umd national championship