Check your account email address ×

Mom with gun stops 5-year-old from being kidnapped

Mom with gun stops 5-year-old from being kidnapped

Police in West Virginia say a man was trying to abduct a child at a mall when the mother stopped him by pulling out a gun.
Tuesday, April 2nd 2019, 2:24 PM EDT
Credit: Jason Ralston / CC BY 2.0
Credit: Jason Ralston / CC BY 2.0

BARBOURSVILLE, W.Va. (AP) — Police in West Virginia say a man was trying to abduct a child at a mall when the mother stopped him by pulling out a gun.

News outlets report 54-year-old Mohamed Fathy Hussein Zayan of Alexandria, Egypt, was arraigned Monday night in Cabell County Magistrate Court on a felony charge of attempted abduction.

According to a criminal complaint, a woman was shopping with her 5-year-old daughter at the Huntington Mall in Barboursville when a man grabbed the girl by the hair and tried to pull her away. Police say the mother pulled out a gun and told the suspect to let go of the child. The man released the child and was later detained by mall security and Barboursville police near a food court.

Follow this story to get email or text alerts from NBC2 when there is a future article following this storyline.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Shit.   If it was a stranger abduction I wish she would have shot and killed him.  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Shit.   If it was a stranger abduction I wish she would have shot and killed him.  

I got to hand it to her as I am not sure I would have held back if that was my child? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, irv said:

I got to hand it to her as I am not sure I would have held back if that was my child? 

Yeah be tough but what's in the background and not having your child see that would play huge into the decision.

Attempted kidnapping of a child (stranger abduction) should be automatic life in prison.  Actual kidnapping the death penalty.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

Just now, Highmark said:

Yeah be tough but what's in the background and not having your child see that would play huge into the decision.

Attempted kidnapping of a child (stranger abduction) should be automatic life in prison.  Actual kidnapping the death penalty.  

For sure. :bc:

Did you guyz see the girl that thought she was getting picked-up by UBER driver at a nightclub? Guy was NOT the UBer driver, picked up the white girl, stabbed her to death something like 40 times!!! Nice, friendly looking fellow!!

God, why are you guys such fukken PASSIVE males on this site!!! WHY!!!!

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Did you guyz see the girl that thought she was getting picked-up by UBER driver at a nightclub? Guy was NOT the UBer driver, picked up the white girl, stabbed her to death something like 40 times!!! Nice, friendly looking fellow!!

why are you not calling to arms, why!!!

I would stab you wayyyyyy more than 40 times!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

why are you not calling to arms, why!!!

Are you going to Ben?   

45 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Chic is bad ass :bc:

25 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Chic is bad ass :bc:

We are going to see this MUCH more in the days to come. 

It will literally be like the WILD WILD WEST. 

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

now that is just racist 

1 minute ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I love the way his left leg kicks out stiff, like it's being waterboarded while having a stroke all at the same time. :lol:

“YO!  You shot me in my nerve, BEEYATCH!!!”  

:lol:

Die punk.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

“YO!  You shot me in my nerve, BEEYATCH!!!”  

:lol:

Die punk.  

Point plank in the chest.   Bet that tickled.