Check your account email address ×

300% Percent spike in border apprehensions

What a fukken abomination this is. 

All of it could be futile in 6 years, dems could open the floodgates!!

At some point the working taxpayer might revolt. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The lack of critical thinking to figure out why there would be an uptick during this current political climate is hilarious. 

No shit....good god.

8 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The lack of critical thinking to figure out why there would be an uptick during this current political climate is hilarious. 

the fact you just state that and dont explain it to all of less educated types pretty much says it all :lol: 

48 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

the fact you just state that and dont explain it to all of less educated types pretty much says it all :lol: 

The fact you need explanation pretty much says it all..

If there is a threat of ability to do something/buy something/etc... being shutdown, whether or not there actually is, what is the natural reaction of people? Is it to say, “Well fuck I guess I’ll give up on that.” Or is it, “Goddamn I need to do that right now/buy that right now.”

Its pretty simple Dripper... You amp up the rhetoric, and people are going to rush to get across becuase there is uncertainty. That’s why numbers are up. If that’s too complicated, I can break out some crayons and draw a picture. 

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

If there is a threat of ability to do something/buy something/etc... being shutdown, whether or not there actually is, what is the natural reaction of people? Is it to say, “Well fuck I guess I’ll give up on that.” Or is it, “Goddamn I need to do that right now/buy that right now.”

Its pretty simple Dripper... You amp up the rhetoric, and people are going to rush to get across becuase there is uncertainty. That’s why numbers are up. If that’s too complicated, I can break out some crayons and draw a picture. 

:lol2:

But #s arent up....remember.

5 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

So you're basically saying walls work....you've come a long way...congrats!

49 minutes ago, DAVE said:

:lol2:

But #s arent up....remember.

Over the long run they are down 90%. This isn’t a hard concept. It’s called statistics... The numbers are artificially high due to the political climate. They aren’t indicative of the trend. But if your idea of good data measurement is to cherry pick data, why would I even bother trying to have a rational debate with you? You know I’m right. It doesn’t always need to be about a win. How about instead it is about the numbers in a usable format. They don’t lie. The uptick can be measured and explained quite easily as I showed. 

43 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

So you're basically saying walls work....you've come a long way...congrats!

Read above. It has nothing to do with the actual wall or lack there of. It has to do with perceived changes causing a non-normal shift in behavior. Think Obama and the gun market. The perceived threat to guns caused it to spike out of its normal trends. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Dave visited Arizona and is now an expert...you are wasting your time.

Jimmy why dont you just stick to topics you know about....

Alcoholism and being a bipolar mess of a human.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Yes but even without the "Hype" as you call it under normal circumstances we would still be seeing 30k a month crossing the borders illegally.  Seems like a bad idea no?

Absolutely. It isn’t good. But if we are to talk about where we should apply pressure and how, the wall itself as a physical barrier isn’t as effective as controlling visa overstays, border agents, tech, etc. If you tell me I need to get results in my company and I have X dollars to spend, I would be fired if I spent that money on less than optimal solutions to a problem. It’s that simple. This is about pumping the base up. Not about the best way to limit illegal immigration and drug flow. That has always been my point. Let’s do the right thing, not the popular thing. 

Absolutely. It isn’t good. But if we are to talk about where we should apply pressure and how, the wall itself as a physical barrier isn’t as effective as controlling visa overstays, border agents, tech, etc. If you tell me I need to get results in my company and I have X dollars to spend, I would be fired if I spent that money on less than optimal solutions to a problem. It’s that simple. This is about pumping the base up. Not about the best way to limit illegal immigration and drug flow. That has always been my point. Let’s do the right thing, not the popular thing. 

:lol:

I thought the wall wasnt the popular thing...

You better check your notes with slinger.

The right thing would be to deport those here illegally when they come in contact with law enforcement in a criminal manner. Because as it sits now many just get turned lose for crimes you and I would be locked up for.

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The right thing would be to deport those here illegally when they come in contact with law enforcement in a criminal manner. Because as it sits now many just get turned lose for crimes you and I would be locked up for.

Cough cough...sanctuary cities...

10 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Funny I've heard why discussed plenty you wannabe hipster shitforbrains  :finger2:

15 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Jimmy why dont you just stick to topics you know about....

Alcoholism and being a bipolar mess of a human.

Wow....you really are a piece of work Dave.

13 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The 76,000 in February are illegal crossing apprehensions you stupid fuck not visa overstays you fucking imbicile, you are litteraly the dumbest fuck in here :flush:

• Like 2