Check your account email address ×

We The People......

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

not so sure a holiday is needed for this, but it's no secret repukes have done alot to suppress votes. 

Call it what you want - it’s a smart move by the D’s.  Now Repugs have to go on record and defend why increasing voter access, decreasing turnout, etc is not in voters best interest.  If the D’s play it correct - this issue can energize the disenfranchised. . 

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Call it what you want - it’s a smart move by the D’s.  Now Repugs have to go on record and defend why increasing voter access, decreasing turnout, etc is not in voters best interest.  If the D’s play it correct - this issue can energize the disenfranchised. . 

maybe, but i don't believe it's going to change a thing in regards to votes. mainly because it isn't going to happen, and nobody is going to get energized over that. if people aren't energized over what's happened the last two years alone, this won't do shit. 

25 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

maybe, but i don't believe it's going to change a thing in regards to votes. mainly because it isn't going to happen, and nobody is going to get energized over that. if people aren't energized over what's happened the last two years alone, this won't do shit. 

People in cal and ny will be energized....their extra votes dont matter.

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Here’s a novel idea. What about a Saturday... 

Lol, I was thinking this also,  but I would bet it would result in less people voting. 

7 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Lol, I was thinking this also,  but I would bet it would result in less people voting. 

Fine, so be it. Then it would be a case of not giving a fuck. I can accept that. I can accept people not caring, not people not having equal rights to vote.

56 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Fine, so be it. Then it would be a case of not giving a fuck. I can accept that. I can accept people not caring, not people not having equal rights to vote.

Fair enough.  I find people have the time & money to do what they want. Have a million excuses why they can’t do what they don’t want to. 

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

That's the issue now....people don't give a fuck and you can make it a holiday, Saturday....whatever you want and these same people are still not going to give a fuck.  Sounds like you want to make it a holiday just so you feel better....SMH.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That's the issue now....people don't give a fuck and you can make it a holiday, Saturday....whatever you want and these same people are still not going to give a fuck.  Sounds like you want to make it a holiday just so you feel better....SMH.

Nope. I want to remove variables. Let’s say of the 20 that couldn’t vote due to time constraints 18 wouldn’t have voted anyway. Those other 2 that got the chance make it all worth it. What’s a legitimate reason for not having it on a Saturday? Tell me that. What is it hurting? You give every single person who wants to vote the opportunity. Then long lines, while not good, are an inconvenience and not a preventer. Fewer polling spots due to gerrymandering are a bitch, but you aren’t going to be hurt by taking a bus across town. It’s the right thing to do. Not thinking so is partisan hogwash. 

13 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Fair enough.  I find people have the time & money to do what they want. Have a million excuses why they can’t do what they don’t want to. 

I think you guys are unfairly using your experiences to look at this topic. You live in white communities with strong poll systems. You go to places in AZ where they had lines over 6 hours, and tell me that didn’t stop some people from voting? Sure if you really wanted you could say fuck the job, fuck the wait, fuck it I’m voting, but is that how we want it to work? Voting should be the easiest thing on earth. I’m not against ID’s, as long as they can help improve the speed, accessibility, and process. 

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Nope. I want to remove variables. Let’s say of the 20 that couldn’t vote due to time constraints 18 wouldn’t have voted anyway. Those other 2 that got the chance make it all worth it. What’s a legitimate reason for not having it on a Saturday? Tell me that. What is it hurting? You give every single person who wants to vote the opportunity. Then long lines, while not good, are an inconvenience and not a preventer. Fewer polling spots due to gerrymandering are a bitch, but you aren’t going to be hurt by taking a bus across town. It’s the right thing to do. Not thinking so is partisan hogwash. 

So everybody has Saturday off in this country?

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

It's actually been discussed...and dropped for exactly that reason.  Voter numbers would drop.  Nobody is going to vote on their day off.  That is that.

Everyone has equal rights...and equal time.  I'd like to hear of one employer that would refuse somebody's right to go vote....and most would have no problem leaving these "disenfranchised" on the clock.  Why does it seem you thing R voters are the overly privileged when it comes time to vote?  Have you looked around?  Whole lotta white trash out there along with the working poor that vote R.  It's up to each party to inspire their voters to vote....not find ways to bring in more of the weak, stupid and lazy from either side.  This is all hocus pocus bullshit.  Dems cry about "no access" but won't step up to the voter fraud laws and R's cry about illegal voting but also won't address it either.  Political hackery on both sides.

But, and again, stating one side or the other doesn't have equal time or opportunities to vote?  Ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Come on. It’s a much better option than a Tuesday when comparing impact to labor. Then call the first Saturday of November a national holiday as well. We can find “what abouts” for every scenario. This is about reducing barriers. Give me a reason we shouldn’t... Saying becuase some people are lazy isn’t good enough. What about those who aren’t. Who is this hurting?

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

With all the early voting and stuff there is plenty of time to vote...some people just dont gaf and use not having time as an excuse.

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

With all the early voting and stuff there is plenty of time to vote...some people just dont gaf and use not having time as an excuse.

That's it in a nutshell.  Some don't care...and never will.  And you know what?  Seeing who we are given to vote for (who gets to rob us), I've never had a problem with people deciding not to bother.  If anything is a true and real indicator of what we have in our government, reality is...low vote totals is it.  

We can thank Obama, Hillary and Trump for our last highest ever turnout.  Hate is one of the most inspiring emotions.  

7 minutes ago, DAVE said:

You should keep your focus on Canada.  GTFO :bc: 

PS - JT thanks you :lol: 

4E5F1B13-6F99-4433-82A7-6957CDBA8735.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's actually been discussed...and dropped for exactly that reason.  Voter numbers would drop.  Nobody is going to vote on their day off.  That is that.

Everyone has equal rights...and equal time.  I'd like to hear of one employer that would refuse somebody's right to go vote....and most would have no problem leaving these "disenfranchised" on the clock.  Why does it seem you thing R voters are the overly privileged when it comes time to vote?  Have you looked around?  Whole lotta white trash out there along with the working poor that vote R.  It's up to each party to inspire their voters to vote....not find ways to bring in more of the weak, stupid and lazy from either side.  This is all hocus pocus bullshit.  Dems cry about "no access" but won't step up to the voter fraud laws and R's cry about illegal voting but also won't address it either.  Political hackery on both sides.

But, and again, stating one side or the other doesn't have equal time or opportunities to vote?  Ridiculous.

An example of totally clueless :lmao:  Well done :lol: 

I have no problem having it on a saturday

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I have no problem having it on a saturday

You know what...fuck it.  Make it a Federal Holiday.  Make it a Friday.  :lol: 

Votes will drop by 30%. And no...this won't go in favor of Dem candidates.  

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You know what...fuck it.  Make it a Federal Holiday.  Make it a Friday.  :lol: 

Votes will drop by 30%. And no...this won't go in favor of Dem candidates.  

That’s fine. Let voter turnout fall. It will be an apathy problem, not a system problem. 

Just now, Zambroski said:

It's not a system problem now.  This country is filled with apathy.

Of course it is. My example stands. If 20 people don’t vote and even 2 of those are becuase they just can’t get it done, the whole thing is worth it. Let’s say if we move it to Saturday 30 don’t vote but the 2 who couldn’t could. I’m ok with that.