Check your account email address ×

78% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck.

32 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

44183242_10217150839666026_4177981328978870272_n.jpg

I think you need to also understand that those people making the 7.25 per hour are being convinced that the people making 25 per hour are the same as the people making 700 per hour.    They are taught that those people are the "wealthy" and that is why you will notice that "wealthy" is never defined by politicians.

29 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I think you need to also understand that those people making the 7.25 per hour are being convinced that the people making 25 per hour are the same as the people making 700 per hour.    They are taught that those people are the "wealthy" and that is why you will notice that "wealthy" is never defined by politicians.

A lot of wealthy people live paycheck to paycheck.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

A lot of wealthy people live paycheck to paycheck.

No doubt.  Just trying to explain that the guys making 7.25 and the guys making 25 are both victims.  Too many want to just lump the 25 and up into one group and the only victim is the guy making 7.25.

5 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Listen you stupid fuck, read the fucking question, I just asked you if you could afford 6 months expenses plus  health ins. deductibles from your emergency fund and you said....of course not.

Well, I was assuming we weren't talking about me specifically, because that's not the topic. 

You, on the other hand, seem to want to make it all about me, so I can see where the disconnect lies.

What I have or haven't done has zero fucking bearing on the the fact that 78% of the population is living paycheck to paycheck. It also has zero bearing on the fact that wages have been stagnant for 4 decades.

Those two stats do have a lot to do with one another, however, and trying to deny it or shift blame to some other subjective bullshit you want to pull out if your ass is burying your head in the sand.

5 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Minimum wage workers stealing jobs from teenagers. What the fuck is wrong with them.

Yeah.  Stupid teenagers.  They don’t have 3 kids, a mortgage and two auto loans to pay for.  Where do they get off?  

Teenagers make poor decisions.

40 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Well, I was assuming we weren't talking about me specifically, because that's not the topic. 

You, on the other hand, seem to want to make it all about me, so I can see where the disconnect lies.

What I have or haven't done has zero fucking bearing on the the fact that 78% of the population is living paycheck to paycheck. It also has zero bearing on the fact that wages have been stagnant for 4 decades.

Those two stats do have a lot to do with one another, however, and trying to deny it or shift blame to some other subjective bullshit you want to pull out if your ass is burying your head in the sand.

Well, you still haven't answered my question. Are you 78 percenter or are you 22 percenter?

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Don't go buying boats when you don't have two cents to rub together.  The more deadbeats realize that the better.

33 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Well, you still haven't answered my question. Are you 78 percenter or are you 22 percenter?

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Don't go buying boats when you don't have two cents to rub together.  The more deadbeats realize that the better.

🤦‍♂️

35 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Obviously a  78 percenter dying to live the life of a 22 percenter.

How are my private finances in any way relevant to the fact that wages have been stagnant for 4 decades and 78% live paycheck to paycheck?

25 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

How are my private finances in any way relevant to the fact that wages have been stagnant for 4 decades and 78% live paycheck to paycheck?

Because you people are all the same. Somebody has to do something, but not you. Better not ask you to pay for it either 

48 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

give them another 2k a month and they would still live check to check.  lots of people just built that way

19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

give them another 2k a month and they would still live check to check.  lots of people just built that way

Isn't the entire economy built on the premise of workers spending most of their money? 

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

You said you live paycheck to paycheck and are you not an electrician by trade?

I certainly would be buying a boat or any toy if I could not survive years without an income.  But lets blame that on others, instead of looking in the mirror.