Check your account email address ×

Heated gloves

2 hours ago, snopro31 said:

If it’s for sledding just get the doo muffs 

with them on I can cruise with a thin pair of cotton fishing gloves

Do you even know how to fish?  Slinger's gonna want to see proof...........

8 hours ago, snopro31 said:

If it’s for sledding just get the doo muffs 

with them on I can cruise with a thin pair of cotton fishing gloves

I have them but they are very ghey.....plus they twist around and bind up when driving above the posted speed limit..:)....I'm just looking for heated glove recommendations from others who have tried them.  

5 minutes ago, Poncho said:

I have them but they are very ghey.....plus they twist around and bind up when driving above the posted speed limit..:)....I'm just looking for heated glove recommendations from others who have tried them.  

Welcome to FS Poncho where the experts are ones with zero personal experience.

38 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Welcome to FS Poncho where the experts are ones with zero personal experience.

Yes I should have mentioned I will only purchase heated gloves manufactured by Mexicans and thrown over the wall into a FedEx truck....perhaps that will garner some comments

35 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I have the FLY ones, They work for about 4 hours on high and they are a little expensive.

http://www.flyracing.com/product/snow/outerwear/gloves/ignitor-ii-heated-glove/2514/black

Seems to be the experience, about 4 hours at max setting.  FXR are stating theirs gloves are good for 5 hours or so.  Thanks.  Time to shop Epay to see what I can find.

Bigger windshield, Poncho? My hands get cold occasionally as well and likely like you, I am having a hard time finding decent gloves that work well. I wish I could go back about 10 yrs ago when finding decent warm gloves was easy as I'd purchase about 10 pairs. Nowadays, it seems like most are just overpriced crap to me. 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Poncho said:

Yes I should have mentioned I will only purchase heated gloves manufactured by Mexicans and thrown over the wall into a FedEx truck....perhaps that will garner some comments

Or just change your title to “Trump wore heated gloves” if you are looking for responses 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, irv said:

Bigger windshield, Poncho? My hands get cold occasionally as well and likely like you, I am having a hard time finding decent gloves that work well. I wish I could go back about 10 yrs ago when finding decent warm gloves was easy as I'd purchase about 10 pairs. Nowadays, it seems like most are just overpriced crap to me. 

I have mid windshield and deflectors too.  Mitts are the way to go, I wish I could go back 10 years ago when I didn't have this problem.  Almost 60 now and my hands are all but useless in weather around the freezing mark......I'm going to try heated gloves.  the Fly gloves or the FXR. 

19 minutes ago, irv said:

That and they are sized to fit tiny little hands.  to get a pair of gloves i can actually open my thumb more than 45* i have to find XXXLs.   the FXR gloves i have are bout as good as i can find.

Edited by old indy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Poncho said:

I have mid windshield and deflectors too.  Mitts are the way to go, I wish I could go back 10 years ago when I didn't have this problem.  Almost 60 now and my hands are all but useless in weather around the freezing mark......I'm going to try heated gloves.  the Fly gloves or the FXR. 

I can't take the cold like I once could either but it seems to me most gloves nowadays are nothing like the gloves I've used for the past 20 years. Most I've tried on, the liners come out when you remove your hands and are a bugger getting back in! I've tried on a pile in stores so my hands aren't even sweaty. My current CKX's work great but are wearing out and have been for the last few years. I have tried to replace them but have had zero luck finding anything good other than a cheap pair of $20 dollar Costco Head gloves but I find them too bulky. 

1 minute ago, old indy said:

That and they are sizes to fit tiny little hands.  to get a pair of gloves i can actually open my thumb more than 45* i have to find XXXLs.   the FXR gloves i have are bout as good as i can find.

I think I tried FXR's but found the liner comes out with them as well? IIRC, they are also spendy! My bud purchased some expensive Klim gloves a few years ago and near froze his fingers off! I am pretty sure those gloves ran him $150 dollars or more? 

8 minutes ago, old indy said:

That and they are sizes to fit tiny little hands.  to get a pair of gloves i can actually open my thumb more than 45* i have to find XXXLs.   the FXR gloves i have are bout as good as i can find.

I have the same problem! Fucking jackets too, made for people with alligator arms, stretch and they pull halfway up my forearm! :dunno:

The ones i have are the heaviest they have i beleive and no issues with the liners pulling out so far, its the second pair ive bought. i paid about 65 bucks    Buuuut im looking at electric gloves myself  :wall:    ageing out of things suuucks

Edited by old indy

4 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I have the same problem! Fucking jackets too, made for people with alligator arms, stretch and they pull halfway up my forearm! :dunno:

yup  im 6ft tall with the arm length of a 6 ft 5 person    i know that problem well!  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, old indy said:

The ones i have are the heaviest they have i beleive and no issues with the liners pulling out so far, its the second pair ive bought.  Buuuut im looking at electric gloves myself  :wall:    ageing out of things suuucks

I'll have to try them again as I have tried so many on the last few years, I forget exactly which ones done that? I have also thought of trying these liners? Not that they will likely provide any warmth but they just might help stop the liner from coming out?  https://www.amazon.com/Icebreaker-Merino-Unisex-Liners-Medium/dp/B00123O1X6?tag=outsidepursuits-20 I just did a quick Google search and found these are still being made. Time to check out some other places other than Royal Distributing to see if I can get some to try on? https://www.kimpex.com/en-ca/products/snowmobile/apparels-and-protective-gear/gloves

10 minutes ago, old indy said:

yup  im 6ft tall with the arm length of a 6 ft 5 person    i know that problem well!  

One main reason I don't wear a snazzy jacket sledding, gotta buy tall sizes, most major brands don't carry tall. That, and looking like a flashy douce nozzle.

• Like 1

muffs suck,  i can't do them.  Fortunately my hands don't get real cold.  I wear unlined klim goves down to about 10 degrees then ones with back insulation when under that.  Handwarmers only work well if you keep the wind off them and have limited insulation on the palm but sometimes with the unlined glove  my fingers get cold at a stop and take a bit to warm up.  

48 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

One main reason I don't wear a snazzy jacket sledding, gotta buy tall sizes, most major brands don't carry tall. That, and looking like a flashy douce nozzle.

I bought a Polaris "racing" coat in 07, an LT and its the first time EVER a coat has had sleaves that were too long.  the thing is still like new since i hardly wore it. trying to break it in would wear me out its so stiff.  pretty flashy to imo

Edited by old indy

57 minutes ago, irv said:

I'll have to try them again as I have tried so many on the last few years, I forget exactly which ones done that? I have also thought of trying these liners? Not that they will likely provide any warmth but they just might help stop the liner from coming out?  https://www.amazon.com/Icebreaker-Merino-Unisex-Liners-Medium/dp/B00123O1X6?tag=outsidepursuits-20 I just did a quick Google search and found these are still being made. Time to check out some other places other than Royal Distributing to see if I can get some to try on? https://www.kimpex.com/en-ca/products/snowmobile/apparels-and-protective-gear/gloves

the thin battery powered liners look like a nice way to warm old, froze too many times fingers.   jeff made a good point , its when i stop for a bit then get going again when they tend to get cold. its just getting harder to get them warmed back up and comfortable these days. 

6 minutes ago, old indy said:

the thin battery powered liners look like a nice way to warm old, froze too many times fingers.   jeff made a good point , its when i stop for a bit then get going again when they tend to get cold. its just getting harder to get them warmed back up and comfortable these days. 

I'm the exact same way. Once the digits are exposed and the gloves cool down, it takes a fair bit to warm things back up again! The last thing I want is more wires running everywhere but I may have to bite the bullet and get some someday? Pocket warmers work well too, they just have an expiry date and I usually forget to stock up before the season starts.  https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/grabber-hand-warmers-10-pk-0750057p.html