Check your account email address ×

**** Official F7ben's Big Storm on the Way Thread ****

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You gonna rent out there obviously? I have read countless times about how different the snow is in Utah vs the Rockies......sounds like awesome riding there. I think Bussman has been there

Don’t plan on it.  Gonna buy a mountain sled.  May or may not keep the 1200...tired of waiting for snow and what little there is turns into a gong show with all the traffic.  

Just now, SnowRider said:

Don’t plan on it.  Gonna buy a mountain sled.  May or may not keep the 1200...tired of waiting for snow and what little there is turns into a gong show with all the traffic.  

So you're trailering to Utah ......????? Thats a long haul 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

4 of us going.  Heading to Wyoming in February.  It’s all part of the adventure.  Most of the crew owns two sleds or strictly rides out west. 

Edited by SnowRider

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

4 of us going.  Heading to Wyoming in February.  It’s all part of the adventure.  Most of the crew owns two sleds or strictly rides out west. 

I'm glad I never went out west. I'd have become hooked on it and quit riding around here

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Two riding buddies go West in December, January, February, March, and sometimes April.  Go where the snow is.  I’m thinking about doing the same thing..... except 2-3 trips not 5.  I’d still like to ride a 7-10 day trip in northern Quebec.

Edited by SnowRider

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Fuck they have to be real fucking headcases to hang with you.

23 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You gonna rent out there obviously? I have read countless times about how different the snow is in Utah vs the Rockies......sounds like awesome riding there. I think Bussman has been there

Some of the best powder can be found in Utah. Wasatch or the Uintas mountains....deep and fluffy

8 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Two riding buddies go West in December, January, February, March, and sometimes April.  Go where the snow is.  I’m thinking about doing the same thing..... except 2-3 trips not 5.  I’d still like to ride a 7-10 day trip in northern Quebec.

smart money stores your trailer in kremmling in the rv park for 50 bucks a mo a truck in Denver and fly out 4 or 5 times . if you live in a hub city any way. 

I have never spent more than 150rt to Denver 

30 minutes ago, f7ben said:

it is diff for sure . much less water content in CO and far east WY .

prob with the snowies is the wind . it sets shit up rock hard in a day . unrelenting . so you end up in the lower elevations in the pines the whole time .

man up and go west . we have some extra beds and room in the truck  in alpine Jan 19th they rent all 3 brands in town .

a shit load of the 509 shit is shot in alpine from reasonable tame to totally fucking insane shit to hit .

he'll we have extra air bags beacons etc 

9 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

smart money stores your trailer in kremmling in the rv park for 50 bucks a mo a truck in Denver and fly out 4 or 5 times . if you live in a hub city any way. 

I have never spent more than 150rt to Denver 

We are kicking that around.  Need to settle on a go to location. 

12 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

it is diff for sure . much less water content in CO and far east WY .

prob with the snowies is the wind . it sets shit up rock hard in a day . unrelenting . so you end up in the lower elevations in the pines the whole time .

man up and go west . we have some extra beds and room in the truck  in alpine Jan 19th they rent all 3 brands in town .

a shit load of the 509 shit is shot in alpine from reasonable tame to totally fucking insane shit to hit .

he'll we have extra air bags beacons etc 

Thanks....I have a few groups always trying to talk me into going. I'm too fucking old for that shit now. 

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

We are kicking that around.  Need to settle on a go to location. 

like I said if you live in a hub city Denver is cheep to fly in and out . no other western city is a,hub so tix are 3x or more the money and flights are 1 or 2 a day at best .

we pretty much just camp in the trailer the whole time .

but that is a fucking blast up on the pass at rabbit ears . a huge party every weekend .

some real ballers up there with there close to million buck rigs .Craig is another 45 min to a hr to run the flat tops 

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

like I said if you live in a hub city Denver is cheep to fly in and out . no other western city is a,hub so tix are 3x or more the money and flights are 1 or 2 a day at best .

we pretty much just camp in the trailer the whole time .

but that is a fucking blast up on the pass at rabbit ears . a huge party every weekend .

some real ballers up there with there close to million buck rigs .Craig is another 45 min to a hr to run the flat tops 

Salt lake is a pretty big Delta air location.  You are close to all the Utah riding and not far all that far from western wyo and much of Idaho.

also Out of Seattle has epic riding and prolly more rideable days then anywhere out west.  Plus you aren’t but a few hours to some prime BC riding.

13 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

We have a little snow.  The last 24hrs have been brutal.

48427340_10161460062740314_6507518753641

Wowzer!  That’s longtracker snow for sure!  Bro and I along with a couple others are heading to Altuna  Colorado next month for a wedding, and hoping to get a couple days of riding in, bro is still working on the details.  This will be the third timeout there and after I’ve ran my own 155” for a couple years here in the northeast, so hopefully the competence level will be better than it was when we rented short tracks like 25 years ago.  :bc: