Check your account email address ×

Bombing suspect's family accused city of discrimination

ckf

:news:

(CNN) Bombing suspect Ahmad Khan Rahami's family accused the city of Elizabeth, NJ. and its police department in 2011 of discrimination and harassment.

The Rahami family runs the First American Fried Chicken restaurant in Elizabeth. In 2011, the city council voted to close the restaurant at 10 p.m. because of "all the people hanging out there" around the clock, Elizabeth Mayor J. Christian Bollwage said Monday.
    Owner Mohammad Rahami and his two sons filed a lawsuit claiming that the city conspired to "discriminate" and "illegally harass" them by subjecting them to citations for allegedly violating a city ordinance on hours of operation.
    The case alleged the Rahamis were "threatened and harassed" by a police officer. It argues that officers and city representatives said "the restaurant presented a danger to the community."
    It also accused a neighboring business owner of telling the Rahamis that "Muslims make too much trouble in this country" and "don't belong here."
    The defendants, including police officers and city officials, denied the allegations.
    Federal court filings show the case disposition as a "statistical closing" without a clear ruling.
    Zobyedh Rahami, believed to be Ahmad Rahami's sister, posted on Facebook asking for privacy on Monday.
    "I would like people to respect my family's privacy and let us have our peace after this tragic time," she wrote.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

:news:

(CNN) Bombing suspect Ahmad Khan Rahami's family accused the city of Elizabeth, NJ. and its police department in 2011 of discrimination and harassment.

The Rahami family runs the First American Fried Chicken restaurant in Elizabeth. In 2011, the city council voted to close the restaurant at 10 p.m. because of "all the people hanging out there" around the clock, Elizabeth Mayor J. Christian Bollwage said Monday.
    Owner Mohammad Rahami and his two sons filed a lawsuit claiming that the city conspired to "discriminate" and "illegally harass" them by subjecting them to citations for allegedly violating a city ordinance on hours of operation.
    The case alleged the Rahamis were "threatened and harassed" by a police officer. It argues that officers and city representatives said "the restaurant presented a danger to the community."
    It also accused a neighboring business owner of telling the Rahamis that "Muslims make too much trouble in this country" and "don't belong here."
    The defendants, including police officers and city officials, denied the allegations.
    Federal court filings show the case disposition as a "statistical closing" without a clear ruling.
    Zobyedh Rahami, believed to be Ahmad Rahami's sister, posted on Facebook asking for privacy on Monday.
    "I would like people to respect my family's privacy and let us have our peace after this tragic time," she wrote.

It's always the cop's fault.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

One thing I really like about this forum is the majority of members would never discriminate. :bc: I can't imagine discrimination is an issue. 

They would just expect the freeloaders to start performing.  Is that ok?

Slow rider you are an absolute pile of shit. I read your comments all the time and I sometimes wonder if you are human. You are a disgrace to the snowmobile community. Oh and if that's you in the pictures of some of these posts you are one stupid looking idiot. No wonder you want to chow on Hillary's clam as she is about the most disgusting vile person on earth. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
    2 minutes ago, Turf said:

Slow rider you are an absolute pile of shit. I read your comments all the time and I sometimes wonder if you are human. You are a disgrace to the snowmobile community. Oh and if that's you in the pictures of some of these posts you are one stupid looking idiot. No wonder you want to chow on Hillary's clam as she is about the most disgusting vile person on earth. 

Is this an example of the discussions and debates the forum membership is striving for?  :snack:

Very few people on this forum are more hardcore snowmobilers can than me :bc: 

14 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Personally,

I'm fine with discrimination 

as long as it is against white, straight men........or anyone I disagree with politically.   :bc:

Middle aged white conservative men are just the worst 

Just now, SnowRider said:

Is this an example of the discussions and debates the forum membership is striving for?  :snack:

Very few people on this forum are more hardcore snowmobilers can than me :bc: 

It's an example of someone that probably rarely posts here because of you :news:

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ckf said:

It's an example of someone that probably rarely posts here because of you :news:

You can ban me and watch your forum participation explode.  But I'm not sure why the threads I'm active in are always highlighted with excessive activity. 

6 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I bet there's a lot of that

Do you have any sense of pride?  You and Z take the cake for the forums biggest whiners.  But I'm sure you will get your way and I'll be gone without breaking a rule.  

Edited by SnowRider

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

That's very true. I have wanted to comment many times but I feel it is a waste of my time. I have been reading all the stuff on here for about a half a year. Slowrider has got to be one of the most brain washed idiots that I have come across. Common sense alone can tell you what a stupid fucking ass clown he is. All I can say is he must either work at a college or has a government job to talk so fucking stupid. I bet he was the kid in school who licked the metal poll when it was 20 below zero or the kid they made eat his boogers. Slowrider you are truly a disgrace to society.

People like snowrider definitely have the effect of making others not want to engage them. Democrat or republican I don't really care. When someone is so bewilderingly pig headed about their party line it tends to make people not want to jump in. You can't engage in a conversation or debate with someone like that. No matter what fact they face they refuse to concede that maybe just maybe someone else actually has a valid point.  Responding with party line meme's or a string of emoticons is third grade stuff.

• Like 2