Check your account email address ×

Walleye fish populations are in decline

• Platinum Contributing Member

Delicious fish to eat..one of the best white fish... Walleye cheek are to die for..slice of water chestnut wrapped in bacon...ftw!!

Edited by Rigid1

1 minute ago, HSR said:

You don't strike me as a fisherman type???? Am I wrong??

I enjoy fishing. Although I don’t go out of my way to do it. Weekends at the family lake home a few times a year satisfies me. I used musky fish a lot. I got rather obsessed with the fuckers. It’s an easy bug to catch. Felt more like hunting. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I enjoy fishing. Although I don’t go out of my way to do it. Weekends at the family lake home a few times a year satisfies me. I used musky fish a lot. I got rather obsessed with the fuckers. It’s an easy bug to catch. Felt more like hunting. 

:thumbsup:

This is total BS. Lake Erie, lake huron and the feeder lakes and rivers between have world renown walleye fishing. It was so good this year my buddys were limiting out in 15 minutes. Even better it was so good people were limiting out off the shore on the st clare river and at the river mouth were Huron feeds into the river

5 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

This is total BS. Lake Erie, lake huron and the feeder lakes and rivers between have world renown walleye fishing. It was so good this year my buddys were limiting out in 15 minutes. Even better it was so good people were limiting out off the shore on the st clare river and at the river mouth were Huron feeds into the river

What part of Wisconsin Walleye populations did you miss...WTF.

8 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

My point was everything goes in cycles 

Weird but nowhere in your post was this so called point of yours even hinted at.

15 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Seems like a lot of people were rolling in walleye this year off St Clair. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Weird but nowhere in your post was this so called point of yours even hinted at.

Weird you’re trolling as per usual. You’re bitter you must Have a small dick or something?? :lmao:

15 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Weird you’re trolling as per usual. You’re bitter you must Have a small dick or something?? :lmao:

How is calling you out on yet another stupid post considered trolling?

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

13 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

:owned: 

I know right....It's like me reading an article about the water problems in Flint and calling bullshit because the drinking water here in Charlevoix is fine. 😂

Same shit in Manitoba.  1 group says its dying.  1 group says its fine.

The actual people who fish havent seen a population explosion like this in decades.  Fish from all size categories are all over.  It was uncommon to see anything over 12lbs for walleye and now theres a LARGE population. 

Biologists say theres a sauger decline in Manitoba.  Commercial fisherman called that bluff by showing a massive net increase in sauger being caught in the nets. 

11 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

Same shit in Manitoba.  1 group says its dying.  1 group says its fine.

The actual people who fish havent seen a population explosion like this in decades.  Fish from all size categories are all over.  It was uncommon to see anything over 12lbs for walleye and now theres a LARGE population. 

Biologists say theres a sauger decline in Manitoba.  Commercial fisherman called that bluff by showing a massive net increase in sauger being caught in the nets. 

If you can't read and understand what is being posted then just stfu with this bullshit. The study is from Wisconsin Lakes....Flathead JT is talking about Michigan Lakes.