Check your account email address ×

Riding Gear Recommendations

Need to pick up some new riding gear, pretty much everything, helmet, googles, jacket, bibs, balaclava, etc.  I've had good luck with FXR stuff in the past, HJC helmets, but there is more options these days.

MX style helmet w/ goggles is my only requirement.  

I have the CKX titan helmet it is a really nice unit. Drop down breath box make it a winner too. 

Klim gear is the only way ill go. Ive had reima, and cold wave and other brands and klim is just better. Never wet and never cold. 

Just now, Anler said:

I have the CKX titan helmet it is a really nice unit. Drop down breath box make it a winner too. 

Klim gear is the only way ill go. Ive had reima, and cold wave and other brands and klim is just better. Never wet and never cold. 

How is the helmet in cold weather?  The site says it's a more milder climate recommended

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

How is the helmet in cold weather?  The site says it's a more milder climate recommended

I’ve read that as well but any MotoX style helmet is going to be a compromise in colder temps IMO.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’ve read that as well but any MotoX style helmet is going to be a compromise in colder temps IMO.

I've got a fly f2 carbon and with 509 x5 goggles it works well and I rode it at -40 with no windshield.   I really like the pull down breath box on the titan though

2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I've got a fly f2 carbon and with 509 x5 goggles it works well and I rode it at -40 with no windshield.   I really like the pull down breath box on the titan though

Damn that’s impressive....I don’t have that problem because I only rode when the temps are between 20 and 40 degrees Fahrenheit.🤣

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

6 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I rode it in -15f with zero issues. I also use a high windshield. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Somebody was looking for bibs/pants...shit who was it?

I can't remember for the life of me right now but want to say someone from next door? ECDL?  :dunno: 

38 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Need to pick up some new riding gear, pretty much everything, helmet, googles, jacket, bibs, balaclava, etc.  I've had good luck with FXR stuff in the past, HJC helmets, but there is more options these days.

MX style helmet w/ goggles is my only requirement.  

Klim or Motorfist for Jacket/Bibs...Helmet/Goggles is up  to what fits you best.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Me too , but its tight. I don't have a beer gut but had to go with a 2xl.

No shit....I’m 230 with a bit of a gut and my Klim pants are XL...good info.👍🏼

Fly F2 Carbon helmet, goggles to fit the helmet.

I think I'm going to get Motorfist gear next year, but I've been riding in Cat gear for the most part for years and have been happy with it.  

I'd also watch for a Tekvest and invest in that while you are at it.  I've seen second hand ones for what I think are really good prices, sometimes as cheap as $25 on Facebook Marketplace.  

Make sure you pick up a pit poncho too, just because.

Edited by racinfarmer

40 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Fly F2 Carbon helmet, goggles to fit the helmet.

I think I'm going to get Motorfist gear next year, but I've been riding in Cat gear for the most part for years and have been happy with it.  

I'd also watch for a Tekvest and invest in that while you are at it.  I've seen second hand ones for what I think are really good prices, sometimes as cheap as $25 on Facebook Marketplace.  

Make sure you pick up a pit poncho too, just because.

I'll check out the Fly F2.  HJC for MX style, Shoei for full face on-road has been what fits me the best over the years.

Who sells Motorfist?  Never even heard of it.  I'll more than likely buy from Dennis Kirk or Bob's Cycle and they don't carry it.  

10-4 on the pit poncho.  @Zambroski Do they make cold weather crocs to match?

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Me, ended up going with FXR. Obviously I have no review yet.

What FXR setup did you get?

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Klim or Motorfist for Jacket/Bibs...Helmet/Goggles is up  to what fits you best.

I tried Klim stuff on back in the day, didn't seem to fit well.  I'll try it again but I'm not sure I'm willing to spend that kind of money on gear.  Never had anything that good before and got by just fine.  Although I dislike the cold more the older I get.

10 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I'll check out the Fly F2.  HJC for MX style, Shoei for full face on-road has been what fits me the best over the years.

Who sells Motorfist?  Never even heard of it.  I'll more than likely buy from Dennis Kirk or Bob's Cycle and they don't carry it.  

I tried Klim stuff on back in the day, didn't seem to fit well.  I'll try it again but I'm not sure I'm willing to spend that kind of money on gear.  Never had anything that good before and got by just fine.  Although I dislike the cold more the older I get.

This joint sells it plus a lot of other brands...I've ordered from them before and the service and pricing is good.

https://www.upnorthsports.com/snowmobile/snow/motorfist/?gclid=CjwKCAiA0O7fBRASEiwAYI9QAuONouPbi0E508RUqM9hzeiUtPUfNUdJ0QGRKKGKOdNI4KPeOSlEfRoCiC8QAvD_BwE

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

14 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Country Cat and First Place Parts sell Motorfist and pit ponchos. 

Haven't seen riding crocs at either place though.  

3 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Pit poncho for sure!!!!!  Jimmy has the matching winter crocs. I slip my crocs off and slide into sorels.

On the gear:  just get whatever is on sale/close out.   Check Country Cat for closeout gear.  The 2014-16 gear will match your sled perfectly.  

3 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

MotorFist is higher end stuff like Klim.

I cant help ya with helmet. I only wear MX in mtns. I get super light with lots of vents. On trail I dont like MX at all. Doo Mod and BV2S with the nut cup on my face is my trail helmets.

I'll second UP North Sports. Had good experiences with them. First Place Parts has all the brands too. But they fucked an order all up on me a few years back.

Pit poncho and crocs sounds like something an perverted eskimo flasher would wear.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Legend said:

MotorFist is higher end stuff like Klim.

I cant help ya with helmet. I only wear MX in mtns. I get super light with lots of vents. On trail I dont like MX at all. Doo Mod and BV2S with the nut cup on my face is my trail helmets.

I'll second UP North Sports. Had good experiences with them. First Place Parts has all the brands too. But they fucked an order all up on me a few years back.

Pit poncho and crocs sounds like something an perverted eskimo flasher would wear.

What if one wears just the pit poncho?