Check your account email address ×

Lower cost Navigation options

2 hours ago, DAVE said:

He can dish it out but he sure is f***** can't take it LOL

I've seen pics of Woofie's shit. Looks like an episode of SNOW-TRAX Tv. I think he's big into sledding. 

25 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

just know when it is time to turn around . in the hills you almost never run enough to get to low. 

most places I ride I never get more than a few miles from the cabin or trailer . even in the Up we usually trailer to a destanation and unload every morning to avoid the trail and time on it all together 

Always had a can on the tunnel....but i forgot!!!! Youre a cat guy....and we all know how strong those tunnels are....

:lol:

1 hour ago, Anler said:

You can get many awesome gps apps for your phone. Saw some really great mounts that even have a heated element to keep your screen and battery from freezing up. Think I saw some on dootalk. Was going to get one til I bought the assault. 

My iPhone 6 constantly froze up and was pretty much useless, on the AT&T network.  This year I have Verizon and an Iphone7, so I should get better signals, but I’m not expecting much once it gets cold.  

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My iPhone 6 constantly froze up and was pretty much useless, on the AT&T network.  This year I have Verizon and an Iphone7, so I should get better signals, but I’m not expecting much once it gets cold.  

Put some hand warmers in a pocket with your phone. Shouldn't need a provider network signal for gps apps. Even Google earth can go along ways, I use it hunting all the time. 

Edited by Reevester

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I thought the GPS didn't need a network? :dunno:

33 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They don't, but they don't like the cold.

I forget the name but it's a sealed case and it comes with a heating element. Mounts to your sled and you put your phone in, fag! Can you read? :bigfinger:

3 hours ago, DAVE said:

Always had a can on the tunnel....but i forgot!!!! Youre a cat guy....and we all know how strong those tunnels are....

:lol:

can just gets in the way . you just don't need the gas in the mountains.  I lmfao watching guys with 50lbs of shit strapped to the tunnel . I carry a lot of shit but most on my back . usually strap snowbunji to the hood so pretty much just 1st aid and winter  survival shit in small low profile tunnel bag .

all digging tools probes extra gloves food all in the air bag backpack .

I have only bent 1 cat tunnel and that was last yr and it was just forward of the fr arm mount and it was pretty bad . but then it was pretty big hit and sled made it through the rest of the week with just a massive vibration and 2 belts lol . tunnel bulk head motor mount . I know that hit will 100% require a 1000 buck helicopter tow out on my new 850 doo .

I put a zero deductable policy on it with a insurance company I have no other policy with . 

I have ZERO faith it will make it 3 yrs 

Edited by Ez ryder

57 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

can just gets in the way . you just don't need the gas in the mountains.  I lmfao watching guys with 50lbs of shit strapped to the tunnel . I carry a lot of shit but most on my back . usually strap snowbunji to the hood so pretty much just 1st aid and winter  survival shit in small low profile tunnel bag .

all digging tools probes extra gloves food all in the air bag backpack .

I have only bent 1 cat tunnel and that was last yr and it was just forward of the fr arm mount and it was pretty bad . but then it was pretty big hit and sled made it through the rest of the week with just a massive vibration and 2 belts lol . tunnel bulk head motor mount . I know that hit will 100% require a 1000 buck helicopter tow out on my new 850 doo .

I put a zero deductable policy on it with a insurance company I have no other policy with . 

I have ZERO faith it will make it 3 yrs 

I’m an old man and don’t like anything strapped on me.  Between a tekvest and 3 layers of Klim, I want to be as loose and flexible as possible.  Everything goes on the tunnel.  I ended up up just going back to my 2014 setup, linq can and 22 liter linq bag, on up north technologies linq plates with quick release lock n ride brackets.  Also scored a used Garmin Montana 650:for 250 bucks shipped which completes my setup.  :bc: a

• Thanks 1

he'll I am 49 . I don't like shit on my back but I don't like the weight on the tunnel and really don't like kicking shit with my foot all fucking day .

I with the fucking air bags were not so heavy . then add shit . also in the hills it is mandatory to have at least your rescue gear on your person . well if you give a shit about your buddy's any way .

• Like 1

Just now, Ez ryder said:

he'll I am 49 . I don't like shit on my back but I don't like the weight on the tunnel and really don't like kicking shit with my foot all fucking day .

I with the fucking air bags were not so heavy . then add shit . also in the hills it is mandatory to have at least your rescue gear on your person . well if you give a shit about your buddy's any way .

Well in fairness we don’t ride in the west, more like untracked Maine backcountry.  Snow often gets 4-6 feet deep though,  mixed in with some higher speed groomed.  Bro and I have a wedding though in Colorado late January and we have 3 days of riding planned.  Whether we need avy packs or navigation or not remains to be seen.   :lol:  :bc: 

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Some guys put a handle bar heating element in their GPS mounts works great ;) 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Well in fairness we don’t ride in the west, more like untracked Maine backcountry.  Snow often gets 4-6 feet deep though,  mixed in with some higher speed groomed.  Bro and I have a wedding though in Colorado late January and we have 3 days of riding planned.  Whether we need avy packs or navigation or not remains to be seen.   :lol:  :bc: 

where you ridding? 

think o may be in alpine in late Jan but if snow is better in CO we will prob be running the flat tops or the ears . CO is usually a bit of a pain to ride always trailering or camping in the trailer in a forest service lot . or renting huge buck places way off the grid .rabbit ears is a great party in the lot every night though . and in Jan the shit house frozen turd pile is prob not 8 feet tall 1/2 inch from your asshole yet lol 

Edited by Ez ryder

Iron Dog racers use a GPS many times during the race. Even on portions of the trail they have been on hundreds of times. When its dark, snowing sideways and completely whiteout a GPS comes in handy. I keep one in backpack. Luckily I dont have to use it often but there is no doubt when visibility goes to zero they are very nice to have. 

The Montana 860 is pretty popular around here. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

at&t in maine?? maybe down south. version is ok in some places us cellular works the best and that aint saying much

ride command on your phone is free. delorme sold out to garmin. they had a pretty good gps that came with cd's of the ground you want to cover. that way you have a good topo map. was talking to someone last summer that had a montana  gps? for his sxs he thought it was great.  

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

where you ridding? 

think o may be in alpine in late Jan but if snow is better in CO we will prob be running the flat tops or the ears . CO is usually a bit of a pain to ride always trailering or camping in the trailer in a forest service lot . or renting huge buck places way off the grid .rabbit ears is a great party in the lot every night though . and in Jan the shit house frozen turd pile is prob not 8 feet tall 1/2 inch from your asshole yet lol 

Not sure yet.  We got the airline tickets and the house.  My brother is in charge of those arrangements.  :bc: 

2 hours ago, snowstorm said:

at&t in maine?? maybe down south. version is ok in some places us cellular works the best and that aint saying much

I’m the only one who couldn’t get a signal at camp in Moose River last few years.  Verizon has much better coverage and seems to have best coverage overall for us flatlanders.  :bc: