Check your account email address ×

Don’t wear an expensive coat it could hurt someone’s feelings

jtssrx

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’m not making fun.  I’m just stating some local lore.

It’s the same with some locals by me. There is some truth to it. Guys that match head to toe are typically slower riders. I’m talking their base layers stocking hat, base ball hat to wear in the bar ect. They also won’t go into remote areas,even though they have back packs, mfg gas cans, $600 gps units ect.....  

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

:lol: Yeah, this one wants a Land Rover too. Going to have to be a hand me down Chevy for now.

Well my son is a bit less high maintenance. He only wants a 2018 Chevy Impala. :lol:

Just now, Woodtick said:

It’s the same with some locals by me. There is some truth to it. Guys that match head to toe are typically slower riders. I’m talking their base layers stocking hat, base ball hat to wear in the bar ect. They also won’t go into remote areas,even though they have back packs, mfg gas cans, $600 gps units ect.....  

Yeah.  Not sure where it all originated but that’s the “skinny” here too.  Pretty true to form too.  I have all matching gear and when I wear it I feel kinda ghey.  SUPERMAN GNAR GHEY!!!!  :lol:

When we are all “posered up” for a good run and we run into a group that is all “Klimed up”....I think it rips a worm-hole in the universe!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

It's cheaper at highlands. However they don't have a complete selection. I got my klim jacket and boots there. Jacket was 50% of list and boots were $100 less. Still wear them both. Going on 5th season.

And some of it has Yamaha emblems on it.  And they definitely don’t have the full line. The good thing about buying it with the Yamaha logo on it, You don’t have to worry about it getting stolen at a bar stop.:lol:

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah I have a 13 year old boy who is a bit of a fashionista and thinks he is a baller. The shit he wants us to buy is fucking outrageous. 

12 minutes ago, Edmo said:

:lol: Yeah, this one wants a Land Rover too. Going to have to be a hand me down Chevy for now.

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well my son is a bit less high maintenance. He only wants a 2018 Chevy Impala. :lol:

My daughter used to pull that Land Rover thing with me...as it is she drives a nicer vehicle than me.😂

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah.  Not sure where it all originated but that’s the “skinny” here too.  Pretty true to form too.  I have all matching gear and when I wear it I feel kinda ghey.  SUPERMAN GNAR GHEY!!!!  :lol:

When we are all “posered up” for a good run and we run into a group that is all “Klimed up”....I think it rips a worm-hole in the universe!!!!!

I get scared when I meet up with some locals for a ride and they have snow shoes strapped to their sled. It makes it easier to hike back out they say?:lol:

27 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well, at least he has good taste! We just purchased our son a 2008 Malibu in August. I was looking for an 08 and up Impala as he said he really liked those, which surprised us, but we were happy about being a full size, non Japanese car, but we decided on the Malibu for better gas mileage and cheaper insurance. Our 2017 Impala has been great so far. Super quiet, nice ride, plenty of pep, etc. 

Walker's Malibu.JPG

Sue's car.JPG

49 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Don't laugh , used to see a lot of yamaha's in Quebec with sheep fur on the seat.

We had a long running commercial here, for a fur company, with a woman swishing down slope in full fur.  Probably ran for 50 years.  Not sure if it still airs or they are still in business. Kind of a winter tradition.

A woman wearing a fur is like someone lighting up a smoke indoors.