Check your account email address ×

Loss power on 5.3 chevy

stabilitrac can cause it to go into limp mode ......this can be a nightmare to diagnose as there are so many sensors and shit it is using. I would disconnect the battery and let it sit 15 minutes ....reconnect and hopefully its clear. If its clear drive it to the dealership and trade it in

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Had that happen to mine too.  Check for dirt and gunk on the wheel sensors. My front ones were a mess.  Cleaned up and good to go.  If that's not it, drive to Toyota and trade it in for a Tundra.  :pc:

what an abortion that system is.....had to do some digging for my bro and none of it is good.....countless horror stories

1 minute ago, Srxfasterapex said:

Lol.. I love the responses..  I'm hoping it's the wheel sensor because when I make a right turn I can feel a slight grind in the wheel

That sounds like a wheel bearing, the grind when you turn part.

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Had that happen to mine too.  Check for dirt and gunk on the wheel sensors. My front ones were a mess.  Cleaned up and good to go.  If that's not it, drive to Toyota and trade it in for a Tundra.  :pc:

Whatever you do, don't listen to this retard :news:

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Typical Chevy junk , every light on the dash is on EXCEPT the ones that are SUPPOSED to be on .    Yer troubles are just beginning , fix it and dump it .

25+ years with Chevy's and I'm glad I don't have your shit ass luck with them. Nothing like that...not even close :lol: 

36 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

25+ years with Chevy's and I'm glad I don't have your shit ass luck with them. Nothing like that...not even close :lol: 

Bout the same here and most of my Chevy's trucks will run over 150k miles with little issue.  Although my last one started to turn into a bit of a "rattle trap" at about 80k.  I hated that stabiilitrac shit but miss the limited slip.  My Tundra has some fancy shmancy crap on it that uses a breaking system to stop slipping...it's my only complaint with it.  Worthless.  I shut it off immediately and just use 4 wheel in the winter.  Other than that...as much as I hate to say it....it's feeling like a much more impressive truck so far.