Check your account email address ×

Loss power on 5.3 chevy

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Bout the same here and most of my Chevy's trucks will run over 150k miles with little issue.  Although my last one started to turn into a bit of a "rattle trap" at about 80k.  I hated that stabiilitrac shit but miss the limited slip.  My Tundra has some fancy shmancy crap on it that uses a breaking system to stop slipping...it's my only complaint with it.  Worthless.  I shut it off immediately and just use 4 wheel in the winter.  Other than that...as much as I hate to say it....it's feeling like a much more impressive truck so far.

Even when I manual turn off Stabilitrac and traction control it still somehow takes the fun out of the truck. When I leave the truck in "auto" 4WD it's great though.

Good and bad but there's sensors all over the vehicles now. I miss my old 77 CJ5  :lol: 

13 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Even when I manual turn off Stabilitrac and traction control it still somehow takes the fun out of the truck. When I leave the truck in "auto" 4WD it's great though.

Good and bad but there's sensors all over the vehicles now. I miss my old 77 CJ5  :lol: 

Yeah, a fucking sensor for everything.  Jesus.  I still haven't figured out what some of my fucking buttons do.  I heard there is a book that tells you all that :lmao:.  I just flip buttons until I like what it is doing.  Some don't seem to do anything.  :dunno:  Probably bad sensors.  ¬¬

9 minutes ago, Srxfasterapex said:

Update.. Code came back as a po300 random misfire...  Ideas?? Besides burn it..lol.

Could be any number of things but start with the spark plugs.  If it's random it's happening on two or more.  Next could be fuel injectors.  Reality: It probably time for a good thorough tune up.  

10 minutes ago, Srxfasterapex said:

Took off the valve covers and ran it..

It could also be a broken spring. 

How many miles/km's on it? 

10 minutes ago, Srxfasterapex said:

220000 kms Irv, and it has had synthetic it's full life..

Not a crazy amount of km's but about the norm for these types of things to start happening these days it seems.

Did you do much towing? 

3 minutes ago, Srxfasterapex said:

This truck only towed a 2 place enclosed trailer half a dozen times every year upnorth for the past 5 years and I towed a 29' boat from storage to the ramp 4 times ( 15 kms total)  

I haven't owned a Chevy/GM truck that could go over 150,000 Km's with my last 3 trucks! 2 motors, and one tranny. (and other issues!) all under those Km's. My Ram only has around 50,000 so it's way too early to see if some of those issues will pop up with it, but I am still loving it to this day. :bc: It's a 2013.