Check your account email address ×

US soybeans exports increase by 3/4 of a billion dollars this year.

• Gold Member

Exports in tonnage as well as value increase despite China’s Tariff’s.  

Thank you my president!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenroberts/2018/10/08/it-looks-like-soybean-shenanigans-as-china-demand-plummets-overall-demand-increases/#142aa6071fbd

But wait. Here’s what makes me wonder what is going on: U.S. soybean exports are increasingthis year, not decreasing, as you might expect. Not only in value but in tonnage as well. (So it’s not a pricing fluctuation issue.)

So, what’s happening?

This looks like soybean exports headed to other markets are finding their way to China in a work-around on tariffs, covering not only the $1.52 billion decrease to China this year but the $737.72 million overall increase.

on a side note, we've got a problem here in the east right now with this shit weather we've been having since late July.  The beans are maturing, and molding, even sprouting in the pod, and can't be harvested because of all the wet muggy warm weather.  Heard last week the port turned away trailer loads of new crop beans because of moldy kernals.  I see Wisconsin and Minnesotta and points north into Canada are having shit weather also with rain and snow, but maybe without the heat their damage won't be so severe as ours.

Farmers sure don't need a quality issue, giving these countries more bargaining power for cheaper food.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member

Yes prices have been affected by tariffs but not nearly as much from the fact that we had record carryover as qell as planted acres this spring. 

21 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Is per acre income down vs 2017, 2016?

i'm betting it's going to be similar.  Anybody likely could have sold beans for $10ish in 16 and 17.  

40 bu./a @ 10 = 400

50bu./a @ 8= 400  

give or take a few bu/acre or a few cents/bu. and it's gonna be pretty close.  But it also depended on when you sold, too.  Some guys forward contracted back in the summer for close to 10, now they're right around 8 here sold today.

On 10/8/2018 at 4:21 PM, hayward said:

on a side note, we've got a problem here in the east right now with this shit weather we've been having since late July.  The beans are maturing, and molding, even sprouting in the pod, and can't be harvested because of all the wet muggy warm weather.  Heard last week the port turned away trailer loads of new crop beans because of moldy kernals.  I see Wisconsin and Minnesotta and points north into Canada are having shit weather also with rain and snow, but maybe without the heat their damage won't be so severe as ours.

Farmers sure don't need a quality issue, giving these countries more bargaining power for cheaper food.

Plenty of beans around here. We will pick up the slack from the East coasters. As usual...

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Plenty of beans around here. We will pick up the slack from the East coasters. As usual...

Anything east of the Mississippi don't count.  We know this.  We don't try to feed the world.  But, we still gotta make a living.

1 minute ago, hayward said:

Anything east of the Mississippi don't count.  We know this.  We don't try to feed the world.  But, we still gotta make a living.

I'm just messing. I have been seeing the farmers running day and night around here. Weather wasn't too bad for us this year. Wisconsin had alot of rain this year. ALOT.