Check your account email address ×

Nobody posted this yet?

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, HSR said:

I could be wrong on this but I remember awhile back on HCS there was a dealer in Norway that had the epa rating for all manufactures apparently they need that to be shipped overseas,,,, and they were all ridiculously low. It was discussed as being "uncorrected Bhp" instead of the "corrected Bhp" that we use as the standard over here. Again,,, read the first 4 words of this post :bc:

Very true and why I put take this for what its worth.   What I do find interesting is what Doo submitted is higher and the difference submitted between the same engine yam/cat turbo.

Whether or not the poo is in line HP with the doo we will soon find out.   What I do know in that chassis doo fans better hope the poo isn't similar are stronger.   

174.2 HP ???

Info in General Discussion on HCS

Originally Posted by Jim Czekala

Just finished two days dyno testing the 850 Patriot with Polaris engineers, will work tomorrow to try to post all the tech data comparing the new engine to the 800HO and the Etec850. Then we can talk about peak HP numbers on the internet but please no cutting and pasting of the important graphic comparisons of midrange, peak and overrev torque and HP. I’m going to measure the reduced coolant volume of the new “shrink wrapped “ head compared to the old bathtub high coolant volume head and include that meaningful data.

let’s wait until I digest 80+ Dyno tests and post them tomorrow—the Polaris faithful won’t be disappointed. There’s much more to this than just max peak HP.

New results at dynotech,

Polaris Patriot 850 174.2 hp

Ski doo Rotax E-Tech 850 168.7 hp
Polaris Liberty 800HO 155.7 hp
Arctic Cat C-tech2 800 152.4 hp

5 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

174.2 HP ???

Info in General Discussion on HCS

Originally Posted by Jim Czekala

Just finished two days dyno testing the 850 Patriot with Polaris engineers, will work tomorrow to try to post all the tech data comparing the new engine to the 800HO and the Etec850. Then we can talk about peak HP numbers on the internet but please no cutting and pasting of the important graphic comparisons of midrange, peak and overrev torque and HP. I’m going to measure the reduced coolant volume of the new “shrink wrapped “ head compared to the old bathtub high coolant volume head and include that meaningful data.

let’s wait until I digest 80+ Dyno tests and post them tomorrow—the Polaris faithful won’t be disappointed. There’s much more to this than just max peak HP.

New results at dynotech,

Polaris Patriot 850 174.2 hp

Ski doo Rotax E-Tech 850 168.7 hp
Polaris Liberty 800HO 155.7 hp
Arctic Cat C-tech2 800 152.4 hp

I'm not believing Poo pulled 20 hp out of 50cc. Maybe 10, 20, not buying it.

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Jim doesnt lie

No, he doesn’t but this, like all of these little “displays of Hp” that involve factory engineers only show me what the mil is capable of with all technical and tuning hands on deck.  I never believed the etec was pulling 160’s consistently.  If that Poo is pushing 170 down the consumer’s trail...it’s going to go all the way to the scene of the meltdown.

:lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

No, he doesn’t but this, like all of these little “displays of Hp” that involve factory engineers only show me what the mil is capable of with all technical and tuning hands on deck.  I never believed the etec was pulling 160’s consistently.  If that Poo is pushing 170 down the consumer’s trail...it’s going to go all the way to the scene of the meltdown.

:lol:

Who said "factory engineers" were present???    oh Krom:lol:

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Who said "factory engineers" were present???    oh Krom:lol:

Originally Posted by Jim Czekala

Just finished two days dyno testing the 850 Patriot with Polaris engineers, will work tomorrow to try to post all....

26 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Originally Posted by Jim Czekala

Just finished two days dyno testing the 850 Patriot with Polaris engineers, will work tomorrow to try to post all....

Fuckerrrrrrrrrrrrr,,,....:lol::bc:

5 hours ago, xcr700 said:

:lol:a 600 would be fine here too but there's too many straights and one big ass lake we use to get to another system.  It takes 30 min as it is to cross . :flush:

I actually think doo and poo were smart with this . A lot easier to make power safely in a larger engine

do you guys have bush trails down your way or just big old fat lake winnipeg and endless fields/ditches?

50 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

do you guys have bush trails down your way or just big old fat lake winnipeg and endless fields/ditches?

South of me are endless fields and ditches ....in immediate area and to my west is inwood.  Spectacular heavily brushed and switch back trails. Then north of me is gimli /riverton/arborg and hecla....same . Only better lol. And across the lake is Hartleys place in bel air forest.  Probably the best of everything there. Lots of bush,straights  no fields and ditches. 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Listen to all this meager hp talk... :lol:

Turbo tard.

25 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Like your 190hp sidewinder is anything to brag about :lol:

Buys a turbo and leaves it stock....what an idiot

Sweet fuck!  I didn’t think leaving it stock was even legal.  :dunno:

Hes the only one!  Snakey!  You scofflaw!!!!!  :lol: