Check your account email address ×

Does lug height change the final drive ratio on a snowmobile

f7ben

This is an interesting question than nobody has ever really pondered...... as follows

Does increasing the height of a lug on a snowmobile change its effective final drive ratio

I say yes it does !!!!

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

This is an interesting question than nobody has ever really pondered...... as follows

Does increasing the height of a lug on a snowmobile change its effective final drive ratio

I say yes it does !!!!

Where's MachZnot when you need him :lol:

Just now, f7ben said:

what is this "lug flick" you speak of Toyler Butcocks!!!

the highly dubious theory that a lug swinging around an axis speeds up and can overcome the traction of 100 other lugs on the ground, accelerating the velocity of a snowmobile 

2 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

There actually is no straight answer. It depends on if you're spinning the track or simply riding on it.  

there is no straight answer from you Toyler Buttcocks ....only queer answers !!!!

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

that sick bastard owes me 5 stacks of high society :lol:

Was it was you that he was arguing with before he got booted? He was calling race shops to get their opinion :lmao: 

I wish Neal was here for this :sad:

Just now, ckf said:

Was it was you that he was arguing with before he got booted? He was calling race shops to get their opinion :lmao: 

I wish Neal was here for this :sad:

yah ...I originally accepted his bet of 5k but it was highmark that followed through on contacting engineers etc

• Like 1

It was on the former FS. I'm not an engineer and my opinion means nothing but I would have to say it might be a possibility only on ice or hard pack. In soft snow it shouldn't make a difference as it doesn't change the track length. Ok! You got that lol

3 minutes ago, smokin george said:

It was on the former FS. I'm not an engineer and my opinion means nothing but I would have to say it might be a possibility only on ice or hard pack. In soft snow it shouldn't make a difference as it doesn't change the track length. Ok! You got that lol

so you're saying like a taller tire on a car?