Check your account email address ×

As Elkhart, Ind., Goes, So Goes the Nation, and Elkhart Is Nervous

I dont usually get involved in these bullshit threads, but the last couple years RV sales have been at all time highs. The RV community has been thriving. So if its down some, BFD.

Yes I own a RV. Bought it a couple years ago, so Im not in the market right now.

Just now, Legend said:

I dont usually get involved in these bullshit threads, but the last couple years RV sales have been at all time highs. The RV community has been thriving. So if its down some, BFD.

Yes I own a RV. Bought it a couple years ago, so Im not in the market right now.

I live in northern Indiana and there are several rv sales places around. Literally hundreds of them on the lots. They must sell right? :dunno:

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I live in northern Indiana and there are several rv sales places around. Literally hundreds of them on the lots. They must sell right? :dunno:

They all have many on the lot. You dont make a purchase that large without checking it out. You buy a house or a car without a walk through or driving it??

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

Why dont all of you baller faggots go support your president and buy an RV? Probably because youre one of those do nothing faggots that snake talks about. :news: 

I bought a new one.  Had it for 2 years....  haven’t sat down and figured out where I lost more money on a sale....  real estate crash....  snowmobiling....  or camper buying.  The fucking money wasted on those 3 things moved retirement out at least five years would be my guess.

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I bought a new one.  Had it for 2 years....  haven’t sat down and figured out where I lost more money on a sale....  real estate crash....  snowmobiling....  or camper buying.  The fucking money wasted on those 3 things moved retirement out at least five years would be my guess.

Thats every hobby. Do you own a boat too? :lol: 

11 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Nope...  but have been browsing those! Fuck are they expensive.  Must be the tariffs!!!!

I dont think i will ever buy a boat. Fucking money pit and constant fuckery. I have several friends with boats and I like using their boats better! :lol: 

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I dont think i will ever buy a boat. Fucking money pit and constant fuckery. I have several friends with boats and I like using their boats better! :lol: 

I was thinking just a cheap fishing boat for a couple people.  Maybe under 100hp boat of some sort and a live well or some shit.  I may buy one when the economy tanks and people start losing their shit....  there is a lot of good shit out there that can be lost easily on the next tumble.

1 R.V./travel trailer was enough for me.....  I could be a multi millionaire with huge disposable income and I wouldn’t buy one of those thing or anything snowmobile related.

Edited by BOHICA

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Every RV dealer from here to Timbuktu has been loaded with inventory for years.  Not hard to see even in a good economy this taking a hit.   I wonder how campground growth has been and if its able to keep up.  

Here in NH and Maine it's a joke trying to get a spot for a weekend without 3 months notice. RV sales are off the charts here. No new campgrounds to speak of. 

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

Is anyone going to buy an RV or not? 

Nope I bought a camp a few years ago and it's appreciated in value not deprecate like a motor home. But I did buy a boat 2 years ago that 's the price of a small trailer. Does that count???

11 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

Nope I bought a camp a few years ago and it's appreciated in value not deprecate like a motor home. But I did buy a boat 2 years ago that 's the price of a small trailer. Does that count???

Not alot of tariffed metals in that boat, bro!!11

It seems anything anymore with cheap and easy financing, the cost of things able to be financed keep going up and up and up.  Gee I wonder why?  I think manufactureres might look at it as if the payments are $540/month, might as well be $640/month, the people will still buy it.  Until of course, it reaches their max, and maybe thats just what's happening with the R.V. market.

Something's weird though.  In the last week of my local travels, I counted 4 fairly new large motorhomes sitting along the roadside for sale in front of people's houses.  I wonder what they might owe on them yet?  For what they cost i'd imagine it's a second home mortgage for sure?

5 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Not alot of tariffed metals in that boat, bro!!11

How much tarriffed steel in an R.V. really?  I mean look at the shell of the damn things.  A couple 20' lengths of light duty square steel tubing and the rest is nothing but partical board and plastic.

Edited by hayward

I miss the well used " Winnerbagel " that I had .  Great times a racetracks  and snowmobiling . Don't miss the boat as the family cottage has a row boat and pontoon . Will never purchase another brand new sled , still no deals on a used Sidewinder , but will keep sledding till I can't.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, hayward said:

It seems anything anymore with cheap and easy financing, the cost of things able to be financed keep going up and up and up.  Gee I wonder why?  I think manufactureres might look at it as if the payments are $540/month, might as well be $640/month, the people will still buy it.  Until of course, it reaches their max, and maybe thats just what's happening with the R.V. market.

Something's weird though.  In the last week of my local travels, I counted 4 fairly new large motorhomes sitting along the roadside for sale in front of people's houses.  I wonder what they might owe on them yet?  For what they cost i'd imagine it's a second home mortgage for sure?

End of the season.

10 minutes ago, hayward said:

How much tarriffed steel in an R.V. really?  I mean look at the shell of the damn things.  A couple 20' lengths of light duty square steel tubing and the rest is nothing but partical board and plastic.

I would think quite a bit. :dunno:

The country can barely stand to look at trump’s face in a red hot economy. Imagine his popularity when the economy tanks? At least some presidents had a likability factor that pulled them through bad times. When the economy tanks it’s going to suck trump down a black hole along with every politician that’s tied to his bumper. :lol: 

14 minutes ago, hayward said:

my assistants parents buy and sell a used one every year,  usually they can take a month long trip for basically free as they buy in the winter and sell right as the season begins as they take their trip april into may

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The country can barely stand to look at trump’s face in a red hot economy. Imagine his popularity when the economy tanks? At least some presidents had a likability factor that pulled them through bad times. When the economy tanks it’s going to suck trump down a black hole along with every politician that’s tied to his bumper. :lol: 

Imagine how much they hated Hillary....

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

IF it tanks he will defintely look like a fool. I am on board with the trade corrections. The Chicoms are probably waiting to see what happens in the mid terms before they move. If dems dont get the seats i would look for them to come around. Murica!