Check your account email address ×

ADHD

16 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Europe is way ahead of America at treating it. We could learn a lot from how the French and Germans deal with it. 

How so?   My son  was diagnosed with it when he was young.  His pediatrician put him on Concetta . honestly , I was never on board , but Im  not a doctor.  When he started seeing our physician, the first thing   He said was get him off that shit.  Now he is thinking he wants to start taking it again.   :dunno:

oh and if you like to drink all night and have a bud with ADHD pop a some of his Adderall . the kids all pop that shit so they can drink more and go all night . pussys cant do it the old fashion way any more with 8 balls i guess  

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Cold War said:

How so?   My son  was diagnosed with it when he was young.  His pediatrician put him on Concetta . honestly , I was never on board , but Im  not a doctor.  When he started seeing our physician, the first thing   He said was get him off that shit.  Now he is thinking he wants to start taking it again.   :dunno:

The go to here in America is either stimulants or amphetaamines. While there’s some kids that can benefit greatly from medication, Europe’s best medical practices approach to adhd is family therapy. Sometimes what’s needed is for the family to make a few adjustments to their parenting approach. Medication can truly turn some kids around. Europe prescribes 3% of what America does for adhd 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The go to here in America is either stimulants or amphetaamines. While there’s some kids that can benefit greatly from medication, Europe’s best medical practices approach to adhd is family therapy. Sometimes what’s needed is for the family to make a few adjustments to their parenting approach. Medication can truly turn some kids around. Europe prescribes 3% of what America does for adhd 

:bc:

3 hours ago, xcr700 said:

Is this shit for real or just a crutch ? Buddy always says he cant concentrate on more than 1 thing at time ,no multi tasking, and cant keep a job because of it . He just got canned again. Wtf

Well multitasking is basically a myth anyways. Humans are not built to multitask and research shows that the human species is just bad at multitasking. Even people who think they're good at multitasking suck at it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Well multitasking is basically a myth anyways. Humans are not built to multitask and research shows that the human species is just bad at multitasking. Even people who think they're good at multitasking suck at it. 

Pretty much. I’ve never known a multitasker that does as well as they’ve convinced themselves. But they sure do wrap a lot of their ego up into it. It seems they get more emotional satisfaction by doing a lot if things at once rather than being truly productive. 

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Pretty much. I’ve never known a multitasker that does as well as they’ve convinced themselves. But they sure do wrap a lot of their ego up into it. It seems they get more emotional satisfaction by doing a lot if things at once rather than being truly productive. 

Yep

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

More productive than multitasking is having g the ability to que and prioritize tasks.

Neal

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Going down on the old lady, squeezing her tits, thinking about the frosty beer in the cooler, and grilling steaks, while keeping an eye on the score of the game, at the same time! That's multitasking!

Shit, I wonder how much ice is left in the cooler. I should scoot over to the store and grab some more. Been meaning to do an oil change on the truck too, I'll hit Napa on the way home. Don't want to burn the steaks, I'll take one for the road, on the way to the bar to watch the end of the game. Brilliant !

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Control freaks.   

5 hours ago, xcr700 said:

Is this shit for real or just a crutch ? Buddy always says he cant concentrate on more than 1 thing at time ,no multi tasking, and cant keep a job because of it . He just got canned again. Wtf

Yes it's real, and it's treatable with the right meds.  Not everyone responds to the same meds the same way.  What works for one kid, doesn't necessarily work for the next kid. Everyone's body is different.  It's not cureable

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

Like I said, it's not cureable, be definitely treatable with the right meds and doseage. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, SSFB said:

Yep, lotta truth to this statement.

• Platinum Contributing Member

MY ex bus partner had it bigly. His wife was just the opposite. She would wrap up the loose ends he left everywhere. Together they were quite successful. 

The reason many believe it not real is because they have it and people with it tend to hang out with others who have it. So they see it as " its just life"