Check your account email address ×

Yukon xl

Rod

3 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

2014+ were all new engines.  

That's what I was told at the Chevy dealership when I bought mine..we have over 300,000 trouble free mileage on the 2009, only basic repairs, brakes, batteries, couple u-joints/ball joints, the 2007 Avalanche needed an oil pressure sensor, but that's all, engines and trans. have been trouble free.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, DAVE said:

The 10 speed in the eco is so smooth i dont even notice it changing....even when towing.

I rented a full size car when I flew into East Dakota to visit a dying relative...  they were out of full size cars so put me in a f150...  not sure if it was a 2.7 or a 3.5 eco but the transmission was smooth as butter....  just roll on the throttle going down the freeway and it wouldn’t shift and the low end torque would just accelerate it easily with out noticing a shift

• Like 1

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

5.0. After the first Gen 3.5 ecos I won't buy one. 

Prolly why the 10 isn’t your favorite..  the 5.0 needs rpms like all other v8’s out there.... need rpms and make some noise to get anything accomplished

Edited by BOHICA

19 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

You’re comparing a 3/4 ton to a 1/2 ton :lol: 

sad 

The 6.2 in the F150 does better towing and hauling than the GM 6.2.  SBYL

14 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

Going by this site men drive v8’s

ladies drive v6’s with rape whistles 

You go with that, little sissy boy. You'd know what a rape whistle sounds like. Guarantee you have one  on your key ring.  Both 3.5 F150s that are in my household will yank yours around like the little woman you are. 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

2 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

The 6.2 I'm the F150 better towing and hauling than the GM 6.2.  SBYL

You go with that, little sissy boy. Both 3.5s that 

Waat?

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Prolly why the 10 isn’t your favorite..  the 5.0 needs rpms like all other v8’s out there and need rpms and make some noise to get anything accomplished

Nothing wrong with 10spd or auto start/stop

10 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

That's what I was told at the Chevy dealership when I bought mine..we have over 300,000 trouble free mileage on the 2009, only basic repairs, brakes, batteries, couple u-joints/ball joints, the 2007 Avalanche needed an oil pressure sensor, but that's all, engines and trans. have been trouble free.

Yeah they run forever. I have had great success with GM v-8's. 

15 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

i put 140k on my 07 sivlerado in just under 7 years.  Couple front end joints,  new fuse block as dust got under it and it corroded and i snapped the rear window cable trying to open it when it was frozen shut.  Liked it a lot and it was the longest i had ever kept a vehicle.  burned a quart to quart and a half between oil changes after 90k.  Prob should have run it another couple of years TBH.