Check your account email address ×

Yukon xl

Rod

Just now, DAVE said:

Ok

I dont tow anything really heavy with it anyway, the occasional generator or bobcat trailer but we have other trucks for that. I would never buy a half ton for that shit. Springs, brakes gears whatever, it just throws it around too much. With the traffic and road construction around here, nope. 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

I dont tow anything really heavy with it anyway, the occasional generator or bobcat trailer but we have other trucks for that. I would never buy a half ton for that shit. Springs, brakes gears whatever, it just throws it around too much. With the traffic and road construction around here, nope. 

I hear ya. Thats why ive always had one tons...for when it gets really heavy.

4 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

:lol:

Just stfu you fuckin idiot. What a complete god damn moron you are 

I actually own all 3 brands and use them everyday. You are just a fucking blowhard who shouts his opinion at everyone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

I actually own all 3 brands and use them everyday. You are just a fucking blowhard who shouts his opinion at everyone. 

Does your ram have the factory air bags? Those help bigtime

Just now, DAVE said:

Does your ram have the factory air bags? Those help bigtime

No, springs. I think Vince has air bags. Even if I get a new one I dont think I would get the air bags. 

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Explain?

Load distribution hitches when you hit a certain weight....  your new f350 is like the first truck that doesn’t require one when you hit a certain tongue weight....  all halftons require them at like 500 lbs of tongue weight.  They eliminate a lot of the complaints for those towing 10k with a 1/2 ton

No, springs. I think Vince has air bags. Even if I get a new one I dont think I would get the air bags. 

They change the ride my bud says...its stiffer even when deflated.

Just now, BOHICA said:

Load distribution hitches when you hit a certain weight....  your new f350 is like the first truck that doesn’t require one when you hit a certain tongue weight....  all halftons require them at like 500 lbs of tongue weight.  They eliminate a lot of the complaints for those towing 10k with a 1/2 ton

Ya i put supersprings on....my half ton...it makes the weight distribution hitch i have useless.

Just now, DAVE said:

They change the ride my bud says...its stiffer even when deflated.

Yeah the ride is not as good. If I was towing that much where I thought I needed them I would just get a bigger truck. I'd rather have a longer bed than anything. The Switchback Assault hangs out a bit... 

25 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Wife has an 18 Enclave with it. When she first got it she was complaining that it felt like it was shutting off at stop lights. :lol: 

first thing i notices apparently wife still hasn't but i don't know how it doesn't bother her.  all the nannie features on this thing make me never want a toyota again.  picked up some lumber and has to listen to he alarm squeal at me for 15 minutes because the back glass was cracked was my last straw with the thing. 

Yeah the ride is not as good. If I was towing that much where I thought I needed them I would just get a bigger truck. I'd rather have a longer bed than anything. The Switchback Assault hangs out a bit... 

Ive basically come to the conclusion that whatever works best for you...

So many opinions.

• Gold Member
Just now, DAVE said:

Ya i put supersprings on....my half ton...it makes the weight distribution hitch i have useless.

No it doesn’t...  you still transfer weight off the front and onto the back....  you just don’t sag.  I think our 2016 f550’s require a load distribution hitch at 1500lbs of tongue weight:  using them makes for a better tow experience....  if you know how to properly set up and use one.

10 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I have a '14 & '18 both with 3.5s and both will easily out tow that piece of shit Ram.  My brother had a '15 Ram. What a pathetic piece of shit. Worst truck I've ever towed with.  The '11  5.0 I had is better than that hunk of shit Ram you have.

But you go on thinking yours is so great, girl 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

Just now, BOHICA said:

No it doesn’t...  you still transfer weight off the front and onto the back....  you just don’t sag.  I think our 2016 f550’s require a load distribution hitch at 1500lbs of tongue weight:  using them makes for a better tow experience....  if you know how to properly set up and use one.

I know that...but it handles the same as when i had the distribution hitch on so im happy with it.

4 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I have a '14 & '18 both with 3.5s and both will easily out tow that piece of shit Ram.  My brother had a '15 Ram. What a pathetic piece of shit. Worst truck I've ever towed with.  The '11  5.0 I had is better than that hunk of shit Ram you have.

But you go on thinking yours is so great, girl 

Pretty tough to have a normal convo with you.

Just now, Angry ginger said:

first thing i notices apparently wife still hasn't but i don't know how it doesn't bother her.  all the nannie features on this thing make me never want a toyota again.  picked up some lumber and has to listen to he alarm squeal at me for 15 minutes because the back glass was cracked was my last straw with the thing. 

Its got way too many features. They must have people who just sit around and think of this shit.