Check your account email address ×

Jurors award $289 million to a man they believe got cancer from Monsanto's Roundup

Let's all go over and meet my neighbor who's 82 years of age and still farming.  Sprays with a 1980 dodge sno comander pickup truck.  45 ft. boom.  No a/c.  Windows down all the time.  Has been nicknamed 'chemical ali' over the years because he's such a fanatic when it comes to weeds.  Won't let any survive.  His chemical bill 25 years ago was $20,000 plus and he only farmed 8-900 acres.  Sprayed all kinds of skull and cross bones types of shit his whole life.  Atrazine, 24-d, lorsban, malathion in nearly air-tight bins.  Furidan, mustang, dual, sharpen, PARAQUAT.  You name it he's tried it.  And of course, Round up.

Now how the hell does he keep going and someone who's sprayed it minimal amounts of times in their life come down with such an awful way to die?  I'm not saying I don't believe it, hell anythings possible, but it makes me scratch my head and wonder.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hayward said:

Let's all go over and meet my neighbor who's 82 years of age and still farming.  Sprays with a 1980 dodge sno comander pickup truck.  45 ft. boom.  No a/c.  Windows down all the time.  Has been nicknamed 'chemical ali' over the years because he's such a fanatic when it comes to weeds.  Won't let any survive.  His chemical bill 25 years ago was $20,000 plus and he only farmed 8-900 acres.  Sprayed all kinds of skull and cross bones types of shit his whole life.  Atrazine, 24-d, lorsban, malathion in nearly air-tight bins.  Furidan, mustang, dual, sharpen, PARAQUAT.  You name it he's tried it.  And of course, Round up.

Now how the hell does he keep going and someone who's sprayed it minimal amounts of times in their life come down with such an awful way to die?  I'm not saying I don't believe it, hell anythings possible, but it makes me scratch my head and wonder.

its no diff then someone dying of lung cancer but never smoking or having any risk factors. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

they can't.

when a infant is born with cancer how did it get cancer?

In utero from the mother....aren't you a nurse? 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2107635/Toddler-fights-life-born-stage-cancer-passed-utero-mother--died-weeks-ago.html

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

people get cancer all the time without risk factors.  I personally know of 2 people who have had 2-3 DIFFERENT types of cancer.  Different initial diagnosis's as well. 

im actually surprised this was an awarded amount based on the fact that ANYTHING can cause cancer...

2 hours ago, hayward said:

They're now owned by Bayer, right?  So who pays the bill if 'Monsanto' no longer exists?

no one ever .appeal it goes to new trial mid trial family of dead man takes a 20 or 30 mill settlement keeps 8 the lawyer takes the rest 

Edited by Ez ryder

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, snopro31 said:

they can't.

when a infant is born with cancer how did it get cancer?

46 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

30 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

people get cancer all the time without risk factors.  I personally know of 2 people who have had 2-3 DIFFERENT types of cancer.  Different initial diagnosis's as well. 

im actually surprised this was an awarded amount based on the fact that ANYTHING can cause cancer...

I understand that....you asked how a baby can be born with Cancer.  

Also there are cases where carcinogenic chemicals were illegally dumped which contaminated water supplies and the resulting cancers were positively linked.

I will add one thing here.  A few years ago, when the patent ran out on round-up, there were a whole lot of imported generics that came out of china.  Millions of gallons i'd bet, used in all industries.  Who the hell knows what they might have put in it and gotten away with.  Then again, for all we know, maybe the official product through Monsanto was actually made in the same plants in china that the generic was?