Check your account email address ×

Never gets old

That is a classic. I was on a boat once when something similar to that happened. My ex wife almost flew out of the boat. Her ass bounced off of every side of that thing.  :lol: 

Just now, favoritos said:

How do you screw that up?  Wasn't even in big water.  Throttle control was interesting.  Could see the problem coming.

Did you see that driver? He had a mean guy AMG face on like he knows what he is doing and isnt some pussy! :lol: 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I also don't get what tossed a 38foot fountain around like that on a lake a pontoon is rolling around on . 

He was in a poker run and got a little to flat on the trim in some cross wakes and stuffed the nose and then hooked a turn. Pretty common rookie mistake. 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

A moron driving a stepped bottom boat.   Not a great combination.  

Fountains are known to be touchy as well. I know a guy that has owned offshore boats for 30 plus years and he had an incident like that with a 38 fountain with big power. 

4 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Fountains are known to be touchy as well. I know a guy that has owned offshore boats for 30 plus years and he had an incident like that with a 38 fountain with big power. 

I have friends with them have been in some real big water jumping good times . a faulty bilge is what sank one of my buds on the dock lol . 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Did you see that driver? He had a mean guy AMG face on like he knows what he is doing and isnt some pussy! :lol: 

He was also the first one to get the big toss.  Very odd for the operator to go first.  Putting on a heck of show for the go.

16 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I worked for a Fountain dealer back when they first started out in the mid 80s. The first boat was not called a Fountain but an Executioner. Basically Reggie Fountain and his at the time partner Gary Gilbreth took some of the ideas from their circle boat racing careers (pad bottom, notched transom, etc) and put them into an offshore hull. It takes a level of skill to drive a pad bottom boat, a skill that was not always available to the people who could afford to buy a Fountain. Been on some scary rides with green horn drivers.

• Platinum Contributing Member
35 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I owned a number of Baja's over the years.   The biggest being a 33 Outlaw with twin 496 HO's.   Mine was ordered with a raised X and I did a bunch of work to really fine tune the props.   Still was only about an 78-80 mph boat.   Slow but extremely smooth riding and you couldn't spin them out if you tried.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I owned a number of Baja's over the years.   The biggest being a 33 Outlaw with twin 496 HO's.   Mine was ordered with a raised X and I did a bunch of work to really fine tune the props.   Still was only about an 78-80 mph boat.   Slow but extremely smooth riding and you couldn't spin them out if you tried.   

I’ve owned a couple baja’s as well. They always made a good stable hull. That’s what I liked about them. 

45 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I also wanted a 46 foot Cigarette Rough Rider with number 6 drives and either big power sterling or Merc motors.  This 39 unlimited would do

01.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

17.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Edmo said:

I’ve owned a couple baja’s as well. They always made a good stable hull. That’s what I liked about them. 

Quality boat for the money.   I always liked in gel colors that only a few of the mfg's did.   Not sure anyone does it anymore.   

guy i know picked up a 50 foot skater this winter with 1350 mercs in it. things got 6 deep bolsters in it to keep people from being ragdolled and he makes everyone where an inflatable PFD in case they get ejected.  Not sure i want to do 100 plus in the ocean unless it's a real real calm day but when he posts videos and you hear the turbos spooling its pretty cool.   Guys got a speed addiction also picked up a mclaren last summer.  

28C_2-01_class_coming_soon.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Snake said:

Me and the wife got crossed up on a wave riding double on the Doo.

Yep. Rag doll.

Been ragdolled that way pretty hard several times in the past :lol:     Pretty common when you start playing offshore superboat racer in the chop   :bc:

6 hours ago, Highmark said:

So how much did gas cost for a day on the water? :lol:

9 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

So how much did gas cost for a day on the water? :lol:

it prob needs 100 octane or better 

a customer of mine has a Italian made off shore boat he keeps at his island in the keys he shares with 1 other home . we took it to Miami and back and a bit of fucking around it was a 500buck fuel bill . they run to Naples all the time has to be 3g or better just  normal driving. 

he could give a shit less started a life insurance company and 11 yrs latter sold to alianz for like 198mlion .I am  the property manager at his lake Minnetonka summer 6k sf cabin they come to for like 60 days a yr .