Check your account email address ×

Almost 80% of US workers live from paycheck to paycheck. Here's why-

23 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve yet to see one marriage I’d call a “success” that have separate accounts.  IMO, somebody in that partnership is a financial idiot unable to be trusted with the keys to the checkbook (usually it’s both of them) or, not to be trusted with both financial futures (which will probably be separate) or, the selfishness in the relationship overrides all else.   But, to each their own.  People shack up for different reasons so whatever floats their boat.  I wouldn’t do it.  M wife wouldn’t either.  We’re either in this together, or we’re not. We threw our money together in a big pot before we even married and Inpaid off all her student loans (I drank a lot back then).

That’s my nickel’s worth!  recall

Yea well my parents were married for 53 years and only separated by death. At no time can I recall them having a joint checking account. 

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

Yea well my parents were married for 53 years and only separated by death. At no time can I recall them having a joint checking account. 

Yeah...forgot about your parents.  Sorry about that.

:bc:

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

A buddy of mine told us his parents were getting a post pre-nup, after 40 years of marriage.  :lol:

Neither of them had anything before they were married.  Whatever works I guess.

On 7/30/2018 at 4:47 PM, Cold War said:

Not a bad deal........for her. 😁

Yeah,. Trying telling wife.... you don’t work, when she home with kids.  I would take going to work over staying home with baby. Anytime.  :lol:

I guess, I’m just old school on the separate  money.    To me it kind of seems like you already have one foot out, but it sounds like it works for a lot of people. 

I dont know man I am in a lot of houses with a house wife sitting home chatting with the cleaning lady ordering shit on line watching tv . not a bad gig . 

me and my wife have always had diff checking accounts and investment accounts . never a prob . sounds like way to much of a PITA to have to call and make sure I dont have to transfer cash if I want to buy something because she may have also bought a large item etc etc . I have friends who go home hand there check to the wife then have to ask for money to buy something WTF I know guys who dont even have cash cards to get there own fucking cash have to ask the wife  

On 7/30/2018 at 6:47 PM, Zambroski said:

I’ve yet to see one marriage I’d call a “success” that have separate accounts.  IMO, somebody in that partnership is a financial idiot unable to be trusted with the keys to the checkbook (usually it’s both of them) or, not to be trusted with both financial futures (which will probably be separate) or, the selfishness in the relationship overrides all else.   But, to each their own.  People shack up for different reasons so whatever floats their boat.  I wouldn’t do it.  M wife wouldn’t either.  We’re either in this together, or we’re not. We threw our money together in a big pot before we even married and Inpaid off all her student loans (I drank a lot back then).

That’s my nickel’s worth!  

north of 24yrs never a issue . 

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

north of 24yrs never a issue . 

Same here.  

Like I said , if it works for you great.  I know guys who have to be involved with every penny spent.  I don’t really care what she buys for the house or to wear.  Large purchases we get together on. Way it has always been. When we first got married, we  didn’t have a pot  to piss in ....so it didn’t really matter then.