Check your account email address ×

How the Republican tax cuts are failing workers, in one chart

I laugh every time some topic about wages comes up.  It's the same argument by the same hypocrites.  And every article specifically laid out to show wages are stagnant.  Pathetic.  Wages are stagnant for only the ones that settle.  And most love mediocrity.   It starts young when everyone is given a participation trophy.  Here you go, "thanks for showing up and being average."

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

I laugh every time some topic about wages comes up.  It's the same argument by the same hypocrites.  And every article specifically laid out to show wages are stagnant.  Pathetic.  Wages are stagnant for only the ones that settle.  And most love mediocrity.   It starts young when everyone is given a participation trophy.  Here you go, "thanks for showing up and being average."

It's idiotic rhetoric by people nobody should be listenting to.

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You're a fucking retard

So, who here believes that their wages are stagnant?  XC morrison?  MC? Moto? Snoslinger?  You all keep saying wages are stagnant, but in the very next thread you're all ballers that make bank.  LOL.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

MC stays in a constant state of "ownage" here because he's a complete fucking idiot.

As for the rest of this, what exactly are you asking?  You mention "reason" as if it's proof of a failed tax cut then roll out a kind of rhetorical hypothetical question of "what ifs"?  

Wut?

Nobody is angry but you, lover.  Relax...enjoy capitalism (as you are).  It'll be around forever!  :lmao:

Inflation affects how much buying power your wage has, simple.

Last year at this time we were at 1.7 and now we’re at 2.9.  Look at the trend.

31B77907-FFC0-442A-84EC-A4C558423F55.png

14 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Yep,

And every conservative on this site was saying that inflation was going to happen.  BTW, how did our credit rating do during the last POTUS?

Edited by racer254

Just now, XC.Morrison said:

So, the argument has to be that this trend will continue to failure of the system then?  So, I guess that's it then...game over!  But wait.....

Inflation is controlled by interest rates.  Interest rates are controlled by the FED and NOT the POTUS.  Tax cuts for businesses are primarily being used to grow those businesses and hire more people.  That's what they should be used for and are being used properly.  Bonuses and higher wages are at the discretion of the management/ownership which are dictated by talent aquisition and retainment curves within and industry's SIC codes and locale.  It's all fluid and it's all a very highly refined science...especially among large employers.  I've seen programs that are almost crystal balls on how a large operation controls growth/churn/wages/profits that reach years out in predictability.  

It's almost as if some of you think this new fangled "capitalsim" is only a few years old.  Seriously?  It's almost a perfect model of fluidity.  If you are waiting/hoping for it's failure:

1.) You are fucking gross

2.) You are fucking stupid

3.) You'll die gross, stupid and waiting.

4.) Suck it.  :lmao: 

29 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

So, the argument has to be that this trend will continue to failure of the system then?  So, I guess that's it then...game over!  But wait.....

Inflation is controlled by interest rates.  Interest rates are controlled by the FED and NOT the POTUS.  Tax cuts for businesses are primarily being used to grow those businesses and hire more people.  That's what they should be used for and are being used properly.  Bonuses and higher wages are at the discretion of the management/ownership which are dictated by talent aquisition and retainment curves within and industry's SIC codes and locale.  It's all fluid and it's all a very highly refined science...especially among large employers.  I've seen programs that are almost crystal balls on how a large operation controls growth/churn/wages/profits that reach years out in predictability.  

It's almost as if some of you think this new fangled "capitalsim" is only a few years old.  Seriously?  It's almost a perfect model of fluidity.  If you are waiting/hoping for it's failure:

1.) You are fucking gross

2.) You are fucking stupid

3.) You'll die gross, stupid and waiting.

4.) Suck it.  :lmao: 

I wish I had your boundless faith in the power of "churn".   Jealous ;)

7 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Without question :guzzle: mindnumingly stupid 

Sure does seem like the same guys who continuously say they are "ballers" making bank,  are the same ones complaining about stagnant wages.  LOL

Edited by racer254

• Platinum Contributing Member
49 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Hey, lets all blame this on REPUBLICAN TAX CUTS.   NO, it isn't the tax cuts, Spending is the problem

Then why are you licking the sweat beads off Dumps balls? :news:

9 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Then why are you licking the sweat beads off Dumps balls? :news:

Are your wages stagnant?  Did your paycheck increase when the tax cuts were implemented?  Those are the first questions you should answer before your random tourettes kicks in and gives you diarrhea of the mouth.

Edited by racer254

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Lmao. Stop trying to deflect. You fuckers are like a broken record with this shit. I bet we we're much more generous than you are, let's leave it at that.

It doesn't matter one bit what you or I do on a micro scale, because it's a structural issue, not an individual one. What matters is whether or not wages are going to rise in a meaningful way and I'm saying they're not. 

And there are plenty of examples of why no matter what individuals do, they won't get out. That's not the point, really, at all. Merit has nothing to do with it. Desire has nothing to do with it. It's just about the math.

The fact is that workers are more productive now than they've ever been, yet wages remain stagnant. This has been true for 40 years.

Somehow, though, this is not seen by many as a major structural problem, but as an individual one. Seeing it this way allows one to avoid reality. We say things like "well, if workers just made themselves more valuable, they'd be paid mor blah blah blah..." It's simply false. Workers have become more educated and yet wages remain stagnant. There is no incentive to pay workers more, there is only incentive to increase profit, which mean reducing labor costs, not increasing them. 

Love the excuses.   :lol:   Fact of the matter is you or nobody else here wouldn't have the life you do without capitalism.  Period.  

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

:lmao:

18 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Are your wages stagnant?  Did your paycheck increase when the tax cuts were implemented?  Those are the first questions you should answer before your random tourettes kicks in and gives you diarrhea of the mouth.

:lol:

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

So, who here believes that their wages are stagnant?  XC morrison?  MC? Moto? Snoslinger?  You all keep saying wages are stagnant, but in the very next thread you're all ballers that make bank.  LOL.

absolutely they are. they're just as stagnant as they've always been ya fucking retarded hack.

28 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Nominal wages are generally up but real wages (what matters) are stagnant to negative.  Just because you see a bigger number on your check doesn’t mean you have more purchasing power.  Got it?

7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

what's the next response from racer? I predict something along the line of - "if you're saying you haven't received any raises, I'm calling you a liar"

:lol:

Keep bragging how your a baller making bank and complaining about stagnant wages.  It really shows your master intellect.  LOL