Check your account email address ×

How the Republican tax cuts are failing workers, in one chart

8 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Capitalism is working great for a lot of us. So what is the difference between the one who succeeds and the one who is still working in the mail room after 10 years? 

Part of the problem is thinking the guy in the mailroom doesn't deserve to make a living. 

7 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Nope. Lucky sperm club

You’re probably in the top 5 or 10 percent in your area salary wise. I think a lot of it had to do with you picking something, working hard at it and getting good at what you do. If I remember right you also worked two jobs for some time. 

A lot of what you have or don’t have can be overcome by hard work. I’ve seen it many times. 

Just now, Edmo said:

You’re probably in the top 5 or 10 percent in your area salary wise. I think a lot of it had to do with you picking something, working hard at it and getting good at what you do. If I remember right you also worked two jobs for some time. 

A lot of what you have or don’t have can be overcome by hard work. I’ve seen it many times. 

If I was born into poverty, I wouldn't be where I am today no matter what I did. 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
25 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Idk off the top of my head but that's just a deflection.

You shared it equally didn't you or are you all talk?

4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

If I was born into poverty, I wouldn't be where I am today no matter what I did. 

Bad parenting can also put you at a huge disadvantage. But both of these can be overcome if you want it bad enough. There are plenty of examples of that.

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Lmao. Stop trying to deflect. You fuckers are like a broken record with this shit. I bet we we're much more generous than you are, let's leave it at that.

It doesn't matter one bit what you or I do on a micro scale, because it's a structural issue, not an individual one. What matters is whether or not wages are going to rise in a meaningful way and I'm saying they're not. 

16 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Bad parenting can also put you at a huge disadvantage. But both of these can be overcome if you want it bad enough. There are plenty of examples of that.

And there are plenty of examples of why no matter what individuals do, they won't get out. That's not the point, really, at all. Merit has nothing to do with it. Desire has nothing to do with it. It's just about the math.

The fact is that workers are more productive now than they've ever been, yet wages remain stagnant. This has been true for 40 years.

Somehow, though, this is not seen by many as a major structural problem, but as an individual one. Seeing it this way allows one to avoid reality. We say things like "well, if workers just made themselves more valuable, they'd be paid mor blah blah blah..." It's simply false. Workers have become more educated and yet wages remain stagnant. There is no incentive to pay workers more, there is only incentive to increase profit, which mean reducing labor costs, not increasing them. 

Edited by motonoggin

6 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

:lol:

I genuinely love it when Moto enters a thread with his bound up radical aggression.  

Seriously.

It couldn’t possibly be my fault that I haven’t succeeded in life. Fucking capitalism!

🤪

34 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Lmao. Stop trying to deflect. You fuckers are like a broken record with this shit. I bet we we're much more generous than you are, let's leave it at that.

It doesn't matter one bit what you or I do on a micro scale, because it's a structural issue, not an individual one. What matters is whether or not wages are going to rise in a meaningful way and I'm saying they're not. 

And there are plenty of examples of why no matter what individuals do, they won't get out. That's not the point, really, at all. Merit has nothing to do with it. Desire has nothing to do with it. It's just about the math.

The fact is that workers are more productive now than they've ever been, yet wages remain stagnant. This has been true for 40 years.

Somehow, though, this is not seen by many as a major structural problem, but as an individual one. Seeing it this way allows one to avoid reality. We say things like "well, if workers just made themselves more valuable, they'd be paid mor blah blah blah..." It's simply false. Workers have become more educated and yet wages remain stagnant. There is no incentive to pay workers more, there is only incentive to increase profit, which mean reducing labor costs, not increasing them. 

Look to low minimum wages for the answer as well. Numb nuts in Washington can give corporate America a trillion in tax cuts and they buy back their own stocks ignoring increasing wages for their employees who floated their tax cuts.

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Look to low minimum wages for the answer as well. Numb nuts in Washington can give corporate America a trillion in tax cuts and they buy back their own stocks ignoring increasing wages for their employees who floated their tax cuts.

:lol:

Got all this, Moto?  

Yeeeeaaahhhhh.....

22 minutes ago, Edmo said:

It couldn’t possibly be my fault that I haven’t succeeded in life. Fucking capitalism!

🤪

Do you think it could possibly be a combination of many issues? Some personal and some systemic?????

We as a collective can fix the systemic issues......and individuals choices are their own 

11 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Lol mc got owned so hard 

Nobody has owned MC yet because nobody has even discussed the actual reason that real wages are -1.8% Q/Q and that is inflation.  It would be apropos at this point to mention that Trump is strongly encouraging the Fed to keep interest rates low.  If this happens, what do you anticipate the resultant inflation to be?

Edited by XC.Morrison
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

You seriously are the epitome of hypocrisy.    You letting your former workers share your nice boat, you know community like?   I honestly think you come on here preaching one thing yet live a completely different life.   You are a coward. 

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Awesome.   Money in my pocket.  I've killed it on Amazon the last two years.   Thinking of cashing some out soon and buying a nice place up north. 

amen brother.  hold that shit. :bc:   Looks to be the next apple stock.

2 hours ago, Momorider said:

No it's the investors money :guzzle:

guy is fucking clueless.  :bc: 

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Part of the problem is thinking the guy in the mailroom doesn't deserve to make a living. 

who said that?  oops, that was you.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

he's all talk.

22 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Do you think it could possibly be a combination of many issues? Some personal and some systemic?????

We as a collective can fix the systemic issues......and individuals choices are their own 

Of course our system is not perfect, and can be improved. But I don’t think we should abandon capitalism completely as moto believes. It’s the best us humans have come up with so far IMO. 

Wages have been stagnant for decades, worker productivity is higher than ever. We've seen massive concentrations of wealth, record profits, massive subsidies to already profitable businesses.

But the reason wages don't rise isn't structural and built into capitalism, it's because Stanley from down the street didn't go to welding school.

Seems legit...

The part I love the most about this conversation is how angry people get when you point out the giant glaring flaw built into the system that will bring about it's end. 

Capitalism will fail. Die mad about it.

5 hours ago, motonoggin said:

The part I love the most about this conversation is how angry people get when you point out the giant glaring flaw built into the system that will bring about it's end. 

Who’s angry? I just looked over the last 2 pages and I’m not seeing it.  I’m not angry about Bezos or Buffet either. They just did the capitalism thing better than most of us. I honestly believe it’s there for those who want it. I’m someone who is content with what I have. Some just reach higher. 

8 hours ago, XC.Morrison said:

Nobody has owned MC yet because nobody has even discussed the actual reason that real wages are -1.8% Q/Q and that is inflation.  It would be apropos at this point that Trump is strongly encouraging the Fed to keep interest rates low.  If this happens, what do you anticipate the resultant inflation to be?

MC stays in a constant state of "ownage" here because he's a complete fucking idiot.

As for the rest of this, what exactly are you asking?  You mention "reason" as if it's proof of a failed tax cut then roll out a kind of rhetorical hypothetical question of "what ifs"?  

Wut?

5 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Nobody is angry but you, lover.  Relax...enjoy capitalism (as you are).  It'll be around forever!  :lmao: