Check your account email address ×

How the Republican tax cuts are failing workers, in one chart

Some people are content with an entry level job. Some will shoot higher. You can’t tell me there isn’t opportunities in a company like amazon to advance your career. I don’t think the govt can fix that. 

1 minute ago, Momorider said:

769 Million in Income Tax is no Taxes in NeoFacistHimmlerStoner land :dunno:

When they said they made 5.6 billion last year, it is nothing.

Edited by motonoggin

Earlier this week, Matthew Gardner of the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy reported that Amazon, which recorded $5.6 billion in profits in 2017, paid zero in federal taxes, thanks to “various tax credits and tax breaks for executive stock options.” That’s remarkable in isolation, but especially remarkable when you consider that Donald Trump’s corporate tax bill hadn’t even gone into effect; Amazon projects it will get an additional $789 million in benefits from the passage of that bill. And it’s even more remarkable given that Amazon was already paying a much lower rate than other companies. The tax bill may have cut the corporate tax rate from 35 to 20 percent, but Amazon had paid only an 11 percent rate over the previous five years, meaning that “the company was able to shelter more than two-thirds of its profits from tax during that five-year period,” Gardner wrote.

Just now, motonoggin said:

It's 769,000 dummy. 

And yeah, when they said they made 5.6 billion last year, it is nothing.

Value in 000's list a Ballance sheet as another thing NeoStoner is clueless about :flush: 

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Earlier this week, Matthew Gardner of the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy reported that Amazon, which recorded $5.6 billion in profits in 2017, paid zero in federal taxes, thanks to “various tax credits and tax breaks for executive stock options.” That’s remarkable in isolation, but especially remarkable when you consider that Donald Trump’s corporate tax bill hadn’t even gone into effect; Amazon projects it will get an additional $789 million in benefits from the passage of that bill. And it’s even more remarkable given that Amazon was already paying a much lower rate than other companies. The tax bill may have cut the corporate tax rate from 35 to 20 percent, but Amazon had paid only an 11 percent rate over the previous five years, meaning that “the company was able to shelter more than two-thirds of its profits from tax during that five-year period,” Gardner wrote.

I thought part of the tax cuts was removing some of the old write offs. They may end up paying more with the new tax laws.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Awesome.   Money in my pocket.  I've killed it on Amazon the last two years.   Thinking of cashing some out soon and buying a nice place up north. 

Just now, Highmark said:

Awesome.   Money in my pocket.  I've killed it on Amazon the last two years.   Thinking of cashing some out soon and buying a nice place up north. 

That's the workers' money. 

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Nevertheless, real wages aren't rising.

Hilarious how you guys think that should all be instantaneous.  

Just now, Highmark said:

And something that the govt provides for you. Seems like more of an individual thing to me. :dunno: 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It's not going to happen. There is no incentive to increase wages. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

No thats the customers money.  

Wrong

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

And something that the govt provides for you. Seems like more of an individual thing to me. :dunno: 

That's what the capitalists want you to think. Blaming the individual is a copy out and ignores the structural problems built into capitalism. 

Just now, motonoggin said:

It's not going to happen. There is no incentive to increase wages. 

Wrong

What % of your company sale did you share with your workers?

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

That's what the capitalists want you to think. Blaming the individual is a copy out and ignores the structural problems built into capitalism. 

Capitalism is working great for a lot of us. So what is the difference between the one who succeeds and the one who is still working in the mail room after 10 years?