Check your account email address ×

How the Republican tax cuts are failing workers, in one chart

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Nope.

What was the price of a gallon of milk in 1977?
1977, the cost of a gallon of gas was $.65 cents. 1977, the average cost of a gallon of milk was $1.50. 1977. The cost of a loaf of bread was $.36 cents.

7 minutes ago, JEFF said:

You do realise the USA is by far the largest consumer base in the world right? Were everyone has all the luxuries they could want.... Even the "poor people" have iphones, flat screen tv's, eat out 3 times a week...  

What country do you think aligns most closely with your beliefs?

:lol:

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

:lol:

So in other words, you've got nothing.  Surely there must be a country somewhere or even a tribe of some sort that resembles your perfect world? Or does it just plain not exist yet?

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, JEFF said:

So in other words, you've got nothing.  Surely there must be a country somewhere or even a tribe of some sort that resembles your perfect world? Or does it just plain not exist yet?

option b

• Like 1

6 hours ago, motonoggin said:

That's all fine and dandy, but it's not nearly enough to fix structurally low wages. 

nop only thing that will fix that is learning a better trade.  no one is forcing any on yo sit in a shit dead end gig .

any one can make decent cash if willing to work for it . that is a fact 

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

still waiting for your awnser to Jeff's question.  the cunty slinger cop out won't work for you 

He won't answer. He'll just use emoticons... He's so advanced...

24 minutes ago, JEFF said:

He won't answer. He'll just use emoticons... He's so advanced...

I don't need to answer because it's not relevant to the conversation.

I'm showing you the flaw in capitalism, and showing you how it can be fixed. I don't know why everyone is having such a hard time with this. 

the bottom line is demand does not keep up with Supply because of stagnant wages, and that Gap is made up with debt. 

if you don't like the idea of people making more money, then you shouldn't complain about debt 

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

I'm showing you the flaw in capitalism, and showing you how it can be fixed. I don't know why everyone is having such a hard time with this. 

the bottom line is demand does not keep up with Supply because of stagnant wages, and that Gap is made up with debt. 

if you don't like the idea of people making more money, then you shouldn't complain about debt 

So who has used this system you are trying to teach us? If it's so good someone must be using it? Ohhh that's right. It's imaginary and can't be put into real world scenarios because it won't work on a large scale. Gotcha... Thanks for the help.

3 minutes ago, JEFF said:

So who has used this system you are trying to teach us? If it's so good someone must be using it? Ohhh that's right. It's imaginary and can't be put into real world scenarios because it won't work on a large scale. Gotcha... Thanks for the help.

There was a time that wages kept pace with productivity. Under capitalism. 

5 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

There was a time that wages kept pace with productivity. Under capitalism. 

So capitalism is the answer? Say it isn't so? What can we do to get wages in line with productivity? Maybe tax businesses more? That should work.? Should we allow more cheap labor from other countries?  That should help raise wages... How about sadle the country with the most expensive health care in the world? maybe make employers pay for it? Should we limit technology and automation? (Hint, automation is the real issue here). And ask yourself how do we pay more people increased wages in industries that have a high percentage of automation? 

There's no doubt there is a huge wage disparity in this country. And while it's easy to say soinso makes way too much money, who gets to pick who makes the big bucks? 

49 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I like the idea of people making more money. When we try to say how we can help people make higher wages you say it doesn’t matter, and that the system is flawed. :dunno: 

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

I like the idea of people making more money. When we try to say how we can help people make higher wages you say it doesn’t matter, and that the system is flawed. :dunno: 

Well it doesn't matter NOW, unless it's drastic change, which we all know won't happen. 

But it did work relatively well at one time, when wages matched productivity. 

2 hours ago, JEFF said:

So capitalism is the answer? Say it isn't so? What can we do to get wages in line with productivity? Maybe tax businesses more? That should work.? Should we allow more cheap labor from other countries?  That should help raise wages... How about sadle the country with the most expensive health care in the world? maybe make employers pay for it? Should we limit technology and automation? (Hint, automation is the real issue here). And ask yourself how do we pay more people increased wages in industries that have a high percentage of automation? 

There's no doubt there is a huge wage disparity in this country. And while it's easy to say soinso makes way too much money, who gets to pick who makes the big bucks? 

Clearly capitalism is not the answer. It led us into massive debt and stagnant wages. The solution doesn't exist within the problem. 

These problems will not be addressed through tax policy, or immigration policy, or trade policy, or foreign policy. 

And, yes, at some point, probably sooner than later, the never ending quest of profit will result in most labor being replaced by automation. There simply will not be enough jobs to go around, period. Once that happens, conditions created by capitalism will conspire to destroy it and replace it with something else. 

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Clearly capitalism is not the answer. It led us into massive debt and stagnant wages. The solution doesn't exist within the problem. 

These problems will not be addressed through tax policy, or immigration policy, or trade policy, or foreign policy. 

And, yes, at some point, probably sooner than later, the never ending quest of profit will result in most labor being replaced by automation. There simply will not be enough jobs to go around, period. Once that happens, conditions created by capitalism will conspire to destroy it and replace it with something else. 

Image result for autobots

• Haha 1