Check your account email address ×

The beginning of the end.

Smart guy... Or is he?

Tesla shares drop after carmaker reportedly asks its suppliers for refunds to reach profitability

• Tesla is reportedly requesting its suppliers to give cash back from previous payments to help the carmaker become profitable.
  • The Wall Street Journal cites a Tesla memo asking a supplier to return a "meaningful amount of money of its payments since 2016.”
Published 1 Hour Ago  Updated 5 Mins AgoCNBC.com

Elon Musk, chairman and chief executive officer of Tesla Motors
David Paul Morris | Bloomberg | Getty Images
Elon Musk, chairman and chief executive officer of Tesla Motors

Tesla shares are falling on a report that the electric car maker has asked some suppliers to refund a portion of previous payments made by the company.

In its report Sunday, The Wall Street Journal cited a Tesla memo asking a supplier last week to return a "meaningful amount of money of its payments since 2016.”

The memo said all suppliers were being asked to help Tesla become profitable, the newspaper said, but added that it was unclear how many were asked for retroactive discounts.

Tesla shares were down 4 percent in Monday’s premarket.

https://cnbc.com/2018/07/23/tesla-shares-drop-after-carmaker-reportedly-asking-for-partial-cash-re.html

• Platinum Contributing Member

Board going to can him soon if he doesn't shape up.   Many top investors sent a letter last week.   One of them was on an interview with CNBC.   

Pretty clear he's been loony tunes for a while now.  5 billion in g'ment subsidies and he still hasn't showed a profit...or any way to achieve it.  Subsidies in peril.

Ahhhh.....but yet another hoisted on the shoulders of liberalizm on his way back down as common sense takes over.

1 minute ago, Zamjabronie said:

Pretty clear he's been loony tunes for a while now.  5 billion in g'ment subsidies and he still hasn't showed a profit...or any way to achieve it.  Subsidies in peril.

Ahhhh.....but yet another hoisted on the shoulders of liberalizm on his way back down as common sense takes over.

Auto manufacturing is a shit show add in all electric and its close to impossible to be competitive :guzzle:  

3 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Henry was a Hitler loving antisemitic POS Like NaziPigDog :guzzle:

He wasn’t fond of the blacks either. :flush: 

All the city trucks running around dearborn when I was a kid said “keep Dearborn clean” on them. Which meant keep the blacks out. I understand he was behind this along with then mayor Hubbard. 

46 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

He’s the Henry Ford of our time.

Not quite there stonehenge... He's a sharp cookie for sure. Just doesn't have the business acumen needed to pull off being an automaker.

Just now, JEFF said:

Not quite there stonehenge... He's a sharp cookie for sure. Just doesn't have the business acumen needed to pull off being an automaker.

Well he's more successful in busienss than your hero Trump so he will prob figure out how to make it work. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Well he's more successful in busienss than your hero Trump so he will prob figure out how to make it work. 

Reading skilz on the fritz today? Smart guy, yes. Smart enough to turn a profit in the auto sector? We'll see. He has some serious hurdles if he can even get close to making a sizeable presence in the market. Once he's building cars that at least equal Kia in quality for under $85k he will have something. Until then tesla is just a gimmick that the 1%'ers drive to make a statement.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JEFF said:

Reading skilz on the fritz today? Smart guy, yes. Smart enough to turn a profit in the auto sector? We'll see. He has some serious hurdles if he can even get close to making a sizeable presence in the market. Once he's building cars that at least equal Kia in quality for under $85k he will have something. Until then tesla is just a gimmick that the 1%'ers drive to make a statement.

I give him kudos just for trying. I don’t think there has been a new high production auto company started successfully here in the US in a very long time. I’m definitely rooting for him, but it’s a huge hill to climb.

IDK , I see them Teslas rolling down the road from time to time and they are awesome looking cars. Couple that with the fact that they could absolutely destroy the fastest vette ever built 0-60 and you really have something awesome

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

IDK , I see them Teslas rolling down the road from time to time and they are awesome looking cars. Couple that with the fact that they could absolutely destroy the fastest vette ever built 0-60 and you really have something awesome

No doubt, they are sharp cars that are no joke in the quickness dept. But they are built at basically arctic cat quality levels. 

Just now, JEFF said:

No doubt, they are sharp cars that are no joke in the quickness dept. But they are built at basically arctic cat quality levels. 

I commend their efforts and as long as they are making improvements I think they will succeed. I mean sweet fuck.....look at the quality of GM's from about 1990-200x

You could not buy a car that was bigger piece of shit ......GM went bankrupt as was bailed out more than once......

Yet here we are with people defending them and accosting Tesla. Its just an extension of partisan idiocy. THAT ELON MUSK IS A LIBERAL.....HIS CARS SUCK AND OBAMA SUCKS

Thats all it is

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I commend their efforts and as long as they are making improvements I think they will succeed. I mean sweet fuck.....look at the quality of GM's from about 1990-200x

You could not buy a car that was bigger piece of shit ......GM went bankrupt as was bailed out more than once......

Yet here we are with people defending them and accosting Tesla. Its just an extension of partisan idiocy. THAT ELON MUSK IS A LIBERAL.....HIS CARS SUCK AND OBAMA SUCKS

Thats all it is

try like 1975-200x.