Check your account email address ×

For the UFO lovers in the crowd.

• Platinum Contributing Member

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/not-a-drill-seti-is-investigating-a-possible-extraterrestrial-signal-from-deep-space/ar-AAid9oY?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Not a Drill: SETI Is Investigating a Possible Extraterrestrial Signal From Deep Space

An international team of scientists from the Search For Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) are investigating mysterious signal spikes emitting from a 6.3-billion-year-old star in the constellation Hercules–95 light years away from Earth. The implications are extraordinary and point to the possibility of a civilization far more advanced than our own.

The unusual signal was originally detected on May 15, 2015 by the Russian Academy of Science-operated RATAN-600 radio telescope in Zelenchukskaya, Russia but was kept secret from the international community. Interstellar space reporter  Paul Gilster broke the story after the researchers quietly circulated a paper announcing the detection of “a strong signal in the direction of HD164595.”

The mysterious star’s designation is HD164595 and it’s considered to be sun-like in nature with a nearly identical metallic composition to our own star. So far, a single Neptune-like (but warmer) planet has been discovered in its orbit–HD 164595 b. But as Gilster explained, “there could, of course, be other planets still undetected in this system.”

Decorated Italian SETI researcher and mathematician Claudio Maccone along with Russia’s Nikolai Bursov of the Special Astrophysical Observatory are the principal scientists working on the apparent discovery. They claim that “permanent monitoring of this target is needed.”

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/not-a-drill-seti-is-investigating-a-possible-extraterrestrial-signal-from-deep-space/ar-AAid9oY?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Not a Drill: SETI Is Investigating a Possible Extraterrestrial Signal From Deep Space

An international team of scientists from the Search For Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) are investigating mysterious signal spikes emitting from a 6.3-billion-year-old star in the constellation Hercules–95 light years away from Earth. The implications are extraordinary and point to the possibility of a civilization far more advanced than our own.

The unusual signal was originally detected on May 15, 2015 by the Russian Academy of Science-operated RATAN-600 radio telescope in Zelenchukskaya, Russia but was kept secret from the international community. Interstellar space reporter  Paul Gilster broke the story after the researchers quietly circulated a paper announcing the detection of “a strong signal in the direction of HD164595.”

The mysterious star’s designation is HD164595 and it’s considered to be sun-like in nature with a nearly identical metallic composition to our own star. So far, a single Neptune-like (but warmer) planet has been discovered in its orbit–HD 164595 b. But as Gilster explained, “there could, of course, be other planets still undetected in this system.”

Decorated Italian SETI researcher and mathematician Claudio Maccone along with Russia’s Nikolai Bursov of the Special Astrophysical Observatory are the principal scientists working on the apparent discovery. They claim that “permanent monitoring of this target is needed.”

I loved that contact movie very cool sci-fi concepts in that one :)

• Gold Member

I saw a squatch the other day while eating lunch in the forest in Oregon.  True story!!! Told an indian friend from that area and he said they see them all the time and confirmed i prolly saw a squatch.

12 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I saw a squatch the other day while eating lunch in the forest in Oregon.  True story!!! Told an indian friend from that area and he said they see them all the time and confirmed i prolly saw a squatch.

Johnny larue talks about being chased by a squatch while snowmobiling up near big bay. When we were up there a couple years ago we were eating dinner and having some drinks at thunder bay and being the smart ass I am I asked the bartender if they have any Sasquatches up here. She proceeded to tell me numerous stories. Kinda shit me up a little but that is the one thing I have a really hard time believing. 

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, Anler said:

Johnny larue talks about being chased by a squatch while snowmobiling up near big bay. When we were up there a couple years ago we were eating dinner and having some drinks at thunder bay and being the smart ass I am I asked the bartender if they have any Sasquatches up here. She proceeded to tell me numerous stories. Kinda shit me up a little but that is the one thing I have a really hard time believing. 

I fed it...  I dumped my apple harvest salad with vinigarette out in a box from the grocery store for it.  Was by the same place the next day and the salad was gone. Prolly ate by a family of squatch or something.

Edited by BOHICA

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Anyone here ever see a UFO?

Yes.  My wife and I were driving back from the Detroit area in the evening.  It was a clear night in the winter.  We were traveling North on M53 in my Chevy Avalanche.  I saw what I thought was a falling star out of the corner of my eye to the east.  I watched it go from as far as I could see from the east to as far as I could see to the west.  It was a point of light similar to a bright star.  It appeared to be in the area of 5000 to 10,000 feet high I would say. It took about 3 seconds to traverse the entire sky.  I've seen all kinds of aircraft and have never seen anything that moved even 10% as fast at that did. I sat forward in my seat just to make sure it wasn't some sort of reflection on the windshield - it wasn't.   :bc:

The wife and were out in the out in the hot-tub 6 or 7 years ago .

All of a sudden 4 fairly bright lights came on one at a time over the tree line..looked to be right at a intersection a 1/10 mile from us.

They looked like those lights highway worker use only they were like maybe 300 ft in the air...no noise at all..nothing.

Then all 4 lights went off one at a time...this all took about one minute if that. Wife and I both saw that.

Then in a hedge row next to us I seen this green glow..same exact color as firefly's but solid and maybe a foot or so in diameter moving through the hedgerow up the hill towards us..this the wife did not see because her back was to it..so I finally got it out of my mouth to look...as she was turning the glow was gone...she never saw that.

Dudes...I seen something that has bothered me to this day.

Edited by Capt.Storm