Check your account email address ×

Kavanaugh .....

Politics in the USA is a controlled struggle for POWER. In some countries they kill each other for political control. 

Nothing new here. 

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Obama was a Harvard educated constitutional scholar as well and you being a donut delivery man had very little latitude to spend 8 years questioning his every step.....but yet there you were and here we are

:lol:

zing

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'm just siding with the ACLU and Privacy rights advocacy groups.....is that ok with you seeing as how I'm apparently unfit to form my own opinions on the rights I was granted constitutionally?

I love it when Woolie takes this approach...he preaches from his soapbox for years but now any dissent is stupid and futile so why bother...brilliant! :lol: 

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

Trump should change his mind today just to throw everybody off. 

hope you're including trumpsters in that.

51 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

I think Trump should have nominated Merrick Garland.  This would have extended an olive branch to his opponents and helped to re-unite the country.  But he has no interest in re-uniting the country, only bragging that he and his supporters have more money and better boats.

yeah right

:pc:  Same people who want precedent to be held important want it ignored.   Just depends on the issue.  Kavanaugh full ruling.  The word "unreasonable" sure fucks with the 4th.  With the metadata I think its important to remember what is being collected.   Personally I don't buy that's it but its what is being ruled on.   Still don't fully agree with it.  

KAVANAUGH, Circuit Judge, concurring in the denial of rehearing en banc: I vote to deny plaintiffs’ emergency petition for rehearing en banc. I do so because, in my view, the Government’s metadata collection program is entirely consistent with the Fourth Amendment. Therefore, plaintiffs cannot show a likelihood of success on the merits of their claim, and this Court was right to stay the District Court’s injunction against the Government’s program. The Government’s collection of telephony metadata from a third party such as a telecommunications service provider is not considered a search under the Fourth Amendment, at least under the Supreme Court’s decision in Smith v. Maryland, 442 U.S. 735 (1979). That precedent remains binding on lower courts in our hierarchical system of absolute vertical stare decisis. Even if the bulk collection of telephony metadata constitutes a search, cf. United States v. Jones, 132 S. Ct. 945, 954-57 (2012) (Sotomayor, J., concurring), the Fourth Amendment does not bar all searches and seizures. It bars only unreasonable searches and seizures. And the Government’s metadata collection program readily qualifies as reasonable under the Supreme Court’s case law. The Fourth Amendment allows governmental searches and seizures without individualized suspicion when the Government demonstrates a sufficient “special need” – that is, a need beyond the normal need for law enforcement – that outweighs the intrusion on individual liberty. Examples include drug testing of students, roadblocks to detect drunk drivers, border checkpoints, and security screening at airports. See Vernonia School District 47J v. Acton, 515 U.S. 646 (1995); Michigan Department of State Police v. Sitz, 496 U.S. 444 (1990); United States v. Martinez-Fuerte, 428 U.S. 543 (1976); United States v. Edwards, 498 F.2d 496 (2d Cir. 1974); see also Indianapolis v. Edmond, 531 U.S. 32, 47-48 (2000). The Government’s program for bulk collection of 2 telephony metadata serves a critically important special need – preventing terrorist attacks on the United States. See THE 9/11 COMMISSION REPORT (2004). In my view, that critical national security need outweighs the impact on privacy occasioned by this program. The Government’s program does not capture the content of communications, but rather the time and duration of calls, and the numbers called. In short, the Government’s program fits comfortably within the Supreme Court precedents applying the special needs doctrine. To be sure, sincere and passionate concerns have been raised about the Government’s program. Those policy arguments may be addressed by Congress and the Executive. Those institutions possess authority to scale back or put more checks on this program, as they have done to some extent by enacting the USA Freedom Act. In sum, the Fourth Amendment does not bar the Government’s bulk collection of telephony metadata under this program. I therefore agree with this Court’s decision to stay the District Court’s injunction. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Of course he is a swamp beast. Throwing a bone to the establishment in a big way is smart for Trump. They love this call. Keeps them in line for the Trump agenda. 

bone after bone after bone.  Now the evangelicals love him too even though he's an immoral POS it's fucking bizarro world.  

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

ben, and a few others, have known Hillary was the better pick long ago. he's finally just getting around to admitting it. but, he'll likely deny it again, and soon.

sadly Hillary still isn't clearly the better choice-  shows just how bad she was.  I will admit at this point it's more a tossup as to who the bigger POS is than i thought it would be.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Angry ginger said:

bone after bone after bone.  Now the evangelicals love him too even though he's an immoral POS it's fucking bizarro world.  

sadly Hillary still isn't clearly the better choice-  shows just how bad she was.  I will admit at this point it's more a tossup as to who the bigger POS is than i thought it would be.  

nice try. you are definitely one of the "few others"....

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Obama was a Harvard educated constitutional scholar as well and you being a donut delivery man had very little latitude to spend 8 years questioning his every step.....but yet there you were and here we are

:lol: :owned:

nice try. you are definitely one of the "few others"....

Hillary is the female version of Dick Cheney. no different. We would probably have boots on the ground in Syria if Hillary had won and zero movement on trade. And with a republic majority in house and Senate she would have been totally ineffective and we would most likely be in a mild recession because republicans would all of the sudden be concerned about spending. 

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

Hillary is the female version of Dick Cheney. no different. We would probably have boots on the ground in Syria if Hillary had won and zero movement on trade. And with a republic majority in house and Senate she would have been totally ineffective and we would most likely be in a mild recession because republicans would all of the sudden be concerned about spending. 

she'd be far from perfect, but not creating the messes this guy does. BS on the Syria war too.

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

there you go assuming peoples positions again.  your insight on my politics is about as accurate as woolies.  

you should wear my assumption with pride. I don't think you're dumb and naive, like I do many others.

19 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

ben, and a few others, have known Hillary was the better pick long ago. he's finally just getting around to admitting it. but, he'll likely deny it again, and soon.

She lost...get over it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

He’s shrewd as fuck with this stuff. I’m actually impressed at his ability to do it as well as he does. He can go on being a prick without anyone on the right doing shit about it. 

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

He’s shrewd as fuck with this stuff. I’m actually impressed at his ability to do it as well as he does. He can go on being a prick without anyone on the right doing shit about it. 

shut up, tom

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

he has played both sides like a fiddle no doubt,  he's a master manipulator

the gop is full of hypocritical pussies, more than anything else.

there is no doubt about that but the left has proven to be unable to mount any sort of legitimate to response to what he is doing so clearly he has their number.  

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Well,  No matter what trump does, someone will be "outraged"  And then we will see another post on here about that outrage.

Exactly.  This thread, and Ben are exhibits A and B.   My concern is that conservative fills the spot.  And he will.  That’s it.  Let’s move on.

35 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Ben the constitutional scholar SMH

Guys a swamp creature but the usual suspects will just ignore that.  As far as qualified  honestly he seems pretty well qualified and should sail through but Garland should have as well before politics took priority over qualifications.  

So you’re essentially supporting the nomination, but from your high horse.  Got it.

33 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Of course he is a swamp beast. Throwing a bone to the establishment in a big way is smart for Trump. They love this call. Keeps them in line for the Trump agenda. 

I would agree.  Find it interesting that I’ve heard the term “swamp beast”. About 638 times just today.  He’s gotta get confirmed and that’s the big picture here.  Olive branch?!  He could hand over the keys to the White House and his opponents would still have a problem with it.

31 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Sure.  Bens a Hilary supporter now.  Wtf. :lol:

29 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I love it when Woolie takes this approach...he preaches from his soapbox for years but now any dissent is stupid and futile so why bother...brilliant! :lol: 

As usual you completely misrepresent what I did and didn’t say.  Annoying fucking tool bag you are.

Interesting....how did I misrepresent this?

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Except he’s a Harvard educated constutionalist scholar and jurist, and you’re an unlicensed electrician, getting yourself in a lather over his appointment.  I think it’s pretty obvious who’s acting like a brain dead retard.  Particularly when there ain’t a fucking thing you or anyone else is gonna do about it.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, XC.Morrison said:

On a positive note, how soon do we get our handmaids?  

Do you watch that? My wife is all into it and I’ve caught bits and pieces...fucked up show! :lol: