Check your account email address ×

Hospital rate of inflation.

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I had lunch with a friend in hospital finance yesterday. The cost of delivery of services was fairly stable at a 1.5% inflation rate through the last 6 years. It’s 6% this year. He indicated that this is about average for all healthcare orgs across America. Stay healthy folks. :lol2:

Rising wages.  

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

You have over 7000 posts on this site.  Maybe you should take your own advice.

The signature on my paycheck is mine.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hey Vince and Analer....you guys own businesses....what is your opinion on all of this? 

There is a lot of complexity with health insurance just as there is with all insurances and all businesses, my office and warehouse employees are enrolled in the same Cadillac group plan that my bargaining unit employees are, I pay 100% of my employees HI as I think it's not only the right thing to do it also helps us to attract and retain high level performers.

I have no idea why @racer254 is always crying about HI, perhaps he has a shitty plan that he has to pay for because he's a slacker :dunno:

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The signature on my paycheck is mine.

There is a lot of complexity with health insurance just as there is with all insurances and all businesses, my office and warehouse employees are enrolled in the same Cadillac group plan that my bargaining unit employees are, I pay 100% of my employees HI as I think it's not only the right thing to do it also helps us to attract and retain high level performers.

I have no idea why @racer254 is always crying about HI, perhaps he has a shitty plan that he has to pay for because he's a slacker :dunno:

Actually, I have an awesome plan.  To me this has really little to do with HI and everything to do with government control.  I think the ACA was just a work around for the government to control HC along with many other aspects of the our lives.  When you control the HC and health records of the public, that gives access to a lot of information about people.  Hell, why spy on the American public when they will give the government all the information they need voluntarily?

Edited by racer254

My mom was on Medicare at the end of her life and she had health issues for quite awhile...she missed my HS Graduation because she was hospitalized with health issues. I suspect that towards the end she knew she was seriously ill and only let us know at the last minute because she knew that we would push for her to have surgery ect... and she simply did not want to go through it for what more than likely would not have improved her quality of life. She made the decision and died only two weeks after she told me the situation...I give her a ton of credit for being courageous and firm and dying on her terms. I understand  every situation is different but she was tired of doctors and medications and in her heart she knew time was limited anyhow. I guess what I’m saying is that we need to look at end of life decisions and what they are costing us.

• Like 1

Lot of fraud going on . Some intentional, some due to pure incompetence. 

Wife went around with hospital after my daughter had her baby.

Double billing . My wife has run an office and knows coding & billing. The woman in the office was trying to tell her she didn't understand the billing. After telling the woman "do you understand insurance fraud".  They changed their tune very quickly. ::lol: 

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Rising wages.  

Possibly. It may also be services that are going unpaid because of the uninsured receiving services. This is then passed on in the form of higher fees. 

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Actually, I have an awesome plan.  To me this has really little to do with HI and everything to do with government control.  I think the ACA was just a work around for the government to control HC along with many other aspects of the our lives.  When you control the HC and health records of the public, that gives access to a lot of information about people.  Hell, why spy on the American public when they will give the government all the information they need voluntarily?

You’re full of shit. 

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Possibly. It may also be services that are going unpaid because of the uninsured receiving services. This is then passed on in the form of higher fees. 

Well then lets get the illegals back to where they came from.   :thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Absolutely, goes back to location.  Wife’s hospital sees about 65 - 70% insurance. 

Sister hospital downtown , lucky if they see 20%.   Lots of  G S W’s  with no insurance. 

25 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You’re full of shit. 

Sure, the government would never data mine HC information.  Yet you believed the Russians used facebook to sway an election.  Interesting.

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Yeah sure. That’s it. 

You don't think illegals going to the ER has an impact on the same thing you are posting on?  :lol:  

Visit an ER sometime.  

I know everybody bitches about HI and healthcare costs. But so many times people go to the ER for common colds or ear infections and small stuff that should be for their primary DR. But because they have Badgercare or some other welfare HI, its easier and cheaper and quicker to got to the ER. And the ER cannot turn them away. More times then not, they come in with 5 kids, all with new Iphones, fancy clothes, fresh pack of smokes, new nikes etc. But because they "have no money" they get free drugs from the ER. And Free heathcare, at least free to them. Its not free to us. We have to cover that bill. Speaking of that bill, the gov doesnt want to pay that full bill, so they pay what they want and tell the hospital to eat it. Well that also gets passed on to you and me. Yeah heathcare is expensive, and this is one of the reasons why. Sure, hospitals could lower costs some instead of building a big new addition, but are you going to go to the shitty looking hospital, or the fancy new one??

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

My mom was on Medicare at the end of her life and she had health issues for quite awhile...she missed my HS Graduation because she was hospitalized with health issues. I suspect that towards the end she knew she was seriously ill and only let us know at the last minute because she knew that we would push for her to have surgery ect... and she simply did not want to go through it for what more than likely would not have improved her quality of life. She made the decision and died only two weeks after she told me the situation...I give her a ton of credit for being courageous and firm and dying on her terms. I understand  every situation is different but she was tired of doctors and medications and in her heart she knew time was limited anyhow. I guess what I’m saying is that we need to look at end of life decisions and what they are costing us.

My mother in law was the same. She got sick, knew in her heart what it was and never even went to the dr. When I asked her why she said she wasn't afraid of dieing, she was afraid of going into a hospital and having them drag out dieing for a yr or 2.

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

It is not passed on. It is reimbursed by the gvmt. at 72 cents on the dollar. That is why hospitals charge the uninsured 30 % more.

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

My mother in law was the same. She got sick, knew in her heart what it was and never even went to the dr. When I asked her why she said she wasn't afraid of dieing, she was afraid of going into a hospital and having them drag out dieing for a yr or 2.

Exactly.....kudos to her for knowing what she wanted and sticking to it.

7 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I think these are the strong people, the fighters.  I don’t want spend the last days,months, years being cut, poked, filled with poison. Hoping for Hail Mary.

I plan to double down and live even harder. I don’t want to die in hospital. 

We have had just a horrible week of family & friends going into hospital with grim news . Had a guys daughter come in this morning.  Her dad had died without ever finishing the car I had done for him. She wanted to get it out of storage and have me finish it. I have two others just like it, ,guys that put it off and never finished their dream car, now the families are having them done as tribute. 

Dont put shit off and live like you were dying.

Rest In Peace , Dave.  

955320BB-58DE-4A4D-B9B9-434E463C5B7D.jpeg

Just now, Cold War said:

I think these are the strong people, the fighters.  I don’t want spend the last days,months, years being cut, poked, filled with poison. Hoping for Hail Mary.

We have had just a horrible week of family & friends going into hospital with grim news . Had a guys daughter come in this morning.  Her dad had died without ever finishing the car I had done for him. She wanted to get it out of storage and have me finish it. I have two others just like it, ,guys that put it off and never finished their dream car, now the families are having them done as tribute. 

Rest In Peace , Dave.  

Amen and well said.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Rest In Peace , Dave.  

Nice 70. Cleveland car ??     Anyhow , we had a guy die about a week before we finished putting the final touches on his old hot rod , some kind of roadster , can't remember exactly what it was .   Was pretty sad watching it sit off to side in the corner of the shop for a few months before someone from the family finally came after it . :bc:

9 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Nice 70. Cleveland car ??     Anyhow , we had a guy die about a week before we finished putting the final touches on his old hot rod , some kind of roadster , can't remember exactly what it was .   Was pretty sad watching it sit off to side in the corner of the shop for a few months before someone from the family finally came after it . :bc:

70 Mach 1 

what is really sad is the assholes trying to beat the young girl out of the car on the day he died.  Wtf!  

7 minutes ago, Cold War said:

70 Mach 1 

what is really sad is the assholes trying to beat the young girl out of the car on the day he died.  Wtf!  

Yeah , that seems pretty common too.  Nobody wanted anything to do with the project till the guy that paid for the work drops dead and the car is up for grabs , typical .  :bc:

24 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Rest In Peace , Dave.  

Well said but a 500k Lamborghini and the speeding ticket that follows (that's the live like you were dying part) would pretty much sap the nest egg. :lmao:

6 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yeah , that seems pretty common too.  Nobody wanted anything to do with the project till the guy that paid for the work drops dead and the car is up for grabs , typical .  :bc:

It is . Seen it happen so many times. Vultures swoop in before the body is even cold , pretending to be sympathetic friends.