Check your account email address ×

Hospital rate of inflation.

8 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Well said but a 500k Lamborghini and the speeding ticket that follows (that's the live like you were dying part) would pretty much sap the nest egg. :lmao:

Not so much breaking the law.  More realistic like going on that vacation, buying  Harley, boat, sports car.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

My mom is like a professional patient. They are always recommending new tests for this and that. And the pills, lots of pills. She can't afford them all so we go in and give them the what's up and all of the sudden she doesn't need that anymore. 

I have to remind her that she is old. These pills and surgeries aren't going to make her 20 years younger. Stay the fuck outta the doctor's office unless it's urgent. 

Took my dad in for a stiff neck that was so bad he couldn't turn his head. DR told him take a couple asprin and if it still bothers you come back tomorrow. 

Had to tell the guy " he took a couple last night , it still bothered him this AM . So time for plan B. Sombitch wanted to bill medicare twice for doing nothing but writing a script.

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

It is not passed on. It is reimbursed by the gvmt. at 72 cents on the dollar. That is why hospitals charge the uninsured 30 % more.

I’ve been in healthcare for over 30 years. Both private and public. Not once have I heard of that. You’ll need to show me some proof.