Check your account email address ×

Hospital rate of inflation.

• Platinum Contributing Member
50 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Read and enjoy.  Eventually costs were going to increase and the people designing it KNEW it would go up they just hoped the short term would make people forget and blame it elsewhere.

https://ldi.upenn.edu/brief/effects-aca-health-care-cost-containment

Cost always go up and access to healthcare for more people is beneficial  in the long run. Quit your fucking crying about liberal this and liberal that and why are you crying anyhow....you said your costs have stayed the same.

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Cost always go up and access to healthcare for more people is beneficial  in the long run. Quit your fucking crying about liberal this and liberal that and why are you crying anyhow....you said your costs have stayed the same.

I ain't crying about shit.  Just proving that the people who were warning about ACA were correct.  It didn't do shit except cost normal people more in the long run and gave the government more fucking power. 

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I ain't crying about shit.  Just proving that the people who were warning about ACA were correct.  It didn't do shit except cost normal people more in the long run and gave the government more fucking power. 

Right but you said your costs stayed the same...are you not normal? 

BTW healthcare costs have been an issue for years and yeah maybe the ACA was pushed as one thing and ended up being something a little different but more people with coverage is a good thing in my book.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

BTW it's a messy issue involving states that did expand Medicaid and those that didn't...what started as a good idea in theory has become a giant clusterfuck.

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

BTW it's a messy issue involving states that did expand Medicaid and those that didn't...what started as a good idea in theory has become a giant clusterfuck.

Health insurance is a messy issue all together and it in itself is the biggest reason costs have risen double digits year after year. 

People think private insurance is great as long as THEY don't have to pay for it. Once the costs start cutting into their bottom line then there is a problem. Employers have been dealing with these skyrocketing costs since long before the ACA. And continue to. 

The ACA was based off of the conservative heritage foundations plan, Republicans don't want anyone to know that Obamacare was originally their plan. 

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2013/nov/15/ellen-qualls/aca-gop-health-care-plan-1993/

Health insurance is going to continue to be a problem until people are ready to put aside the partisan bullshit and have an honest discussion about it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

Could of gotten a lot of  insight on this last night . Attended a wedding where  most everyone was a medical professional of some sort.  

I would say many factors would contribute to the rise. Just like many fields, the medical industry is booming and everyone is looking for qualified, hard working people. If you’re good st your job , you are in high demand. A lot of moving around is going on right now. My daughter has been a nurse for two years and she has already moved three times for pay increases. 

The former CEO of my wife’s hospital offered her a job last night if she would be willing to go to Indiana 3 days a week, almost 4 times what she is making now. They can’t find anybody to work. 

I’d agree with that. I’ve been getting offers several times per month. Clinics are data mining state license numbers and mailing out job openings. The wages in some nitch markets are crazy high. The hottest is methadone maintence clinics. $95k starting wage with experience working 36 hours per week. Great money if you wanna sell your soul. 

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

Could of gotten a lot of  insight on this last night . Attended a wedding where  most everyone was a medical professional of some sort.  

I would say many factors would contribute to the rise. Just like many fields, the medical industry is booming and everyone is looking for qualified, hard working people. If you’re good st your job , you are in high demand. A lot of moving around is going on right now. My daughter has been a nurse for two years and she has already moved three times for pay increases. 

The former CEO of my wife’s hospital offered her a job last night if she would be willing to go to Indiana 3 days a week, almost 4 times what she is making now. They can’t find anybody to work. 

I’d agree with that. I’ve been getting offers several times per month. Clinics are data mining state license numbers and mailing out job openings. The wages in some nitch markets are crazy high. The hottest is methadone maintence clinics. $95k starting wage with experience working 36 hours per week. Great money if you wanna sell your soul. 

7 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Ah yes, now this was a republican plan?  I see.

And court ordered methadone treatment.....that's a whole other topic and you know it.

Take off the partisan hack glasses and smarten up...you will be surprised and amazed by what you find.

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Take off the partisan hack glasses and smarten up...you will be surprised and amazed by what you find.

There wasn't one republican that supported this plan.  So I really don't care what it was "BASED" on.  FFS.  Quit believing the bullshit that is constantly being fed by the people who are gaining $$$$.  Getting more people on insurance and more government control was the plan and it was Based off of making the masses believe that the government was "doing something good"  again.  Isn't that the governments basis for every program they have.....they are doing it for the good of the people....Sorry, when they can do that without costing the middle class tax money, then and only then will I believe the bullshit that they put forth.

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Yeah, that's it.

Fine...eliminate those fines but then what....people who don't have insurance are going to get medical treatment anyhow and we all pay for that in some shape, way or form. BTW I'm assuming you have employer provided HI and as you said your costs have stayed the same...he grateful and stfu.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fine...eliminate those fines but then what....people who don't have insurance are going to get medical treatment anyhow and we all pay for that in some shape, way or form. 

Well, the government is now able to tell employers what HC the have to offer. 

The government now has to have more government workers to do all the work required for oversight, etc that the ACA involves.

10 hours ago, Cold War said:

10 minutes ago, racer254 said:

There wasn't one republican that supported this plan.  So I really don't care what it was "BASED" on.  FFS.  Quit believing the bullshit that is constantly being fed by the people who are gaining $$$$.  Getting more people on insurance and more government control was the plan and it was Based off of making the masses believe that the government was "doing something good"  again.  Isn't that the governments basis for every program they have.....they are doing it for the good of the people....Sorry, when they can do that without costing the middle class tax money, then and only then will I believe the bullshit that they put forth.

What a rent free mind you have, of course you know nothing about being in demand and as well as you shouldn't be with the amount of time you fuck off listening to right wing radio shows and fucking off on the net. 

My advice to you has always been to worry less about what the movers and shakers pay in taxes, so spend less time fucking off and try to be somebody instead :bc:

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

What a rent free mind you have, of course you know nothing about being in demand and as well as you shouldn't be with the amount of time you fuck off listening to right wing radio shows and fucking off on the net. 

My advice to you has always been to worry less about what the movers and shakers pay in taxes, so spend less time fucking off and try to be somebody instead :bc:

You have over 7000 posts on this site.  Maybe you should take your own advice.

8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Interesting, I have been getting these job offers  cards in the mail also. wondering how they were finding me.   

9 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Interesting, I have been getting these job offers  cards in the mail also. wondering how they were finding me.   

They data mine the DMV, what do you think they are doing with the health records?

49 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Well, the government is now able to tell employers what HC the have to offer. 

The government now has to have more government workers to do all the work required for oversight, etc that the ACA involves.

Hey Vince and Analer....you guys own businesses....what is your opinion on all of this? 

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

They data mine the DMV, what do you think they are doing with the health records?

As health care becomes more & more  expensive, I would imagine  the heath of your employees will keep becoming more of an issue. 

My wife's work offered her a little break on her heath care is she would submit to a blood analysis thing. Told them to get bent. Looking for sort of precursor to diseases or what not.

9 hours ago, spin_dry said:

We had friends return from the States just recently. He’s retired and she’s and OT. Figured  would travel the US with her working contract.  She used the words soul destroying.  Felt it had nothing to do with helping people get better, just logging visits. 

40 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hey Vince and Analer....you guys own businesses....what is your opinion on all of this? 

I think the govt should not regulate healthcare at all. And let's see what racer thinks about things after that.

It'll be like that cheap car insurance policy you bought that when you get in an accident they don't pay for shit. 

You know what drives medical costs? Health insurance. Medical groups and networks are buying each other up like banks do and therefore having more control over what they can charge. Medical networks are all about billing, they look at a patient as how billable they are. If you have good insurance they are going to run every test they can get away with. Medications, therapy whatever. When you are no longer billable it's time for you to go home to get better. You do away with health insurance and now they can only bill what the patient can afford and unnecessary test and procedures won't be performed. And quality networks with reputation of effectively healing people will be in high demand.

And with health insurance being a requirement the insurance companies can charge more. Forcing companies to pay and provide insurance for their employees (and now minimum coverages) they have us over a barrel. The insurance companies can charge more and the health networks can charge more. 

I take care of three seniors right now and all of them have health issues. I see how they are handled by hospitals and doctors every day. You should see how shitty they get when my wife demands specific doctors and starts telling them what we want and what we don't. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I think the govt should not regulate healthcare at all. And let's see what racer thinks about things after that.

It'll be like that cheap car insurance policy you bought that when you get in an accident they don't pay for shit. 

You know what drives medical costs? Health insurance. Medical groups and networks are buying each other up like banks do and therefore having more control over what they can charge. Medical networks are all about billing, they look at a patient as how billable they are. If you have good insurance they are going to run every test they can get away with. Medications, therapy whatever. When you are no longer billable it's time for you to go home to get better. You do away with health insurance and now they can only bill what the patient can afford and unnecessary test and procedures won't be performed. And quality networks with reputation of effectively healing people will be in high demand.

And with health insurance being a requirement the insurance companies can charge more. Forcing companies to pay and provide insurance for their employees (and now minimum coverages) they have us over a barrel. The insurance companies can charge more and the health networks can charge more. 

I take care of three seniors right now and all of them have health issues. I see how they are handled by hospitals and doctors every day. You should see how shitty they get when my wife demands specific doctors and starts telling them what we want and what we don't. 

This new eye doctor I went to wants me to come in every 2 months for my glaucoma. I’ve had this shit for like 30 years. I told him I’ll see him in a year. I can give you like 10 other examples of this kind of abuse. You have to speak up. It’s like they get you on the hook and they try to milk you (and your insurance company) dry. 

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

This new eye doctor I went to wants me to come in every 2 months for my glaucoma. I’ve had this shit for like 30 years. I told him I’ll see him in a year. I can give you like 10 other examples of this kind of abuse. You have to speak up. It’s like they get you on the hook and they try to milk you (and your insurance company) dry. 

My mom is like a professional patient. They are always recommending new tests for this and that. And the pills, lots of pills. She can't afford them all so we go in and give them the what's up and all of the sudden she doesn't need that anymore. 

I have to remind her that she is old. These pills and surgeries aren't going to make her 20 years younger. Stay the fuck outta the doctor's office unless it's urgent.