Check your account email address ×

Hospital rate of inflation.

I had lunch with a friend in hospital finance yesterday. The cost of delivery of services was fairly stable at a 1.5% inflation rate through the last 6 years. It’s 6% this year. He indicated that this is about average for all healthcare orgs across America. Stay healthy folks. :lol2:

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I had lunch with a friend in hospital finance yesterday. The cost of delivery of services was fairly stable at a 1.5% inflation rate through the last 6 years. It’s 6% this year. He indicated that this is about average for all healthcare orgs across America. Stay healthy folks. :lol2:

What's your point?  We all knew ACA was going to cause this.

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Indeed. ACA stabilized the rise of medical costs for a variety of reasons. 

Really, I thought it was supposed to lower costs?  You can tout and promote the bullshit all you want.  We all see the results in the real world.

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Really, I thought it was supposed to lower costs?  You can tout and promote the bullshit all you want.  We all see the results in the real world.

Tell me why costs have suddenly begun to increase. You seem to have all the answers. 

8 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You might be confused. It was Trump that promised everyone would be covered for a fraction of the cost.

27 minutes ago, racer254 said:

22 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Tell me why costs have suddenly begun to increase. You seem to have all the answers. 

:lol:

:owned:

Neal

• Gold Member

Don’t we still have ACA???  Repubs weren’t able to get it repealed the last I knew.  So any increases are happening under the shit health care the democrats and the last administration gave us.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Just once, I want someone else to look shit up.  If you can prove it wrong, then do it.

Hahaha....just once I would like you to back up your assertions.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hahaha....just once I would like you to back up your assertions.

What other assertions have I said that I haven't gave you a link or posted information about.  Especially when I start a topic.  Just find one example.

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

What other assertions have I said that I haven't gave you a link or posted information about.  Especially when I start a topic.  Just find one example.

I have no idea and I don't even care all that much but you made a statement and it's not my job to research it.

8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Well, have the OP explain why the rate of inflation is going up this year vs previous years?

Why should I do that....he simply made a statement that it was 1.5% the last 6 years and 6% this year. You jumped in acting like you had some facts and knowledge.

Since we are allowed to guess without any facts to back it up.

I would guess prices are going up because the pool is getting smaller.

When Trump allowed people to bail without providing an alternative, then the healthy people who can get cheaper insurance leave the plan.

33 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Why should I do that....he simply made a statement that it was 1.5% the last 6 years and 6% this year. You jumped in acting like you had some facts and knowledge.

I don’t know why it’s gone up so quickly. That really wasn’t part of the conversation. It’s a good topic to know more about. Is it regional more widespread? If it’s an artifact from the ACA then I’d like to know how so. 

20 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I don’t know why it’s gone up so quickly. That really wasn’t part of the conversation. It’s a good topic to know more about. Is it regional more widespread? If it’s an artifact from the ACA then I’d like to know how so. 

Exactly....oh Racer...let’s hear it!

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Exactly....oh Racer...let’s hear it!

Look up the provisions of the ACA.  My costs have stayed exactly the same this year.  How about yours?  The ACA was the biggest bullshit lie pushed in the last 20 years, but every liberal on this site fell for it. 

Read and enjoy.  Eventually costs were going to increase and the people designing it KNEW it would go up they just hoped the short term would make people forget and blame it elsewhere.

https://ldi.upenn.edu/brief/effects-aca-health-care-cost-containment

Edited by racer254

Could of gotten a lot of  insight on this last night . Attended a wedding where  most everyone was a medical professional of some sort.  

I would say many factors would contribute to the rise. Just like many fields, the medical industry is booming and everyone is looking for qualified, hard working people. If you’re good st your job , you are in high demand. A lot of moving around is going on right now. My daughter has been a nurse for two years and she has already moved three times for pay increases. 

The former CEO of my wife’s hospital offered her a job last night if she would be willing to go to Indiana 3 days a week, almost 4 times what she is making now. They can’t find anybody to work. 

8 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Could of gotten a lot of  insight on this last night . Attended a wedding where  most everyone was a medical professional of some sort.  

I would say many factors would contribute to the rise. Just like many fields, the medical industry is booming and everyone is looking for qualified, hard working people. If you’re good st your job , you are in high demand. A lot of moving around is going on right now. My daughter has been a nurse for two years and she has already moved three times for pay increases. 

The former CEO of my wife’s hospital offered her a job last night if she would be willing to go to Indiana 3 days a week, almost 4 times what she is making now. They can’t find anybody to work. 

Well, that was just one thing that was said before ACA went into effect.  There was going to be a shortage of staff when you add 15 million people extra that get coverage.

Edited by racer254