Check your account email address ×

BMW to source more US Steel cause of tariffs

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

We want mexico dealt with .....again I am totally happy with any trade being done with Canada. You are a good trade partner with an equal playing field. I dont even care if we run deficits with Canada. Our respective countries make each other more competitive and that is good for everyone.

Mexico is the entire issue with Nafta......it never should have been included and the only reason it was is so we could ship our manufacturing jobs there and pay their slave labor next to nothing. If that portion isnt renegotiated the whole deal is out. Canada didnt want to scrap NAFTA and was in opposition to what we are after......hence the tariffs staying in place as planned.

The reason its steel and aluminum tariffs is because the POTUS can use those tariffs at will and without justification because those industries are a matter of national security

So deal with Mexico then....

• Platinum Contributing Member

Some of the trade "deals" that allows Germany to tariff goods coming into their country from the US were set up after WW2 to jump start a devastated Germany country and economy.   The US was basically taking it on the chin to help Germany come out of the war.   

Think about that for a second.  Non reciprocal tariffs to help them.   Time to stop that shit.

You tariff our stuff we tariff your stuff.   Its as simple as that.   Trump isn't asking for anything more. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Some of the trade "deals" that allows Germany to tariff goods coming into their country from the US were set up after WW2 to jump start a devastated Germany country and economy.   The US was basically taking it on the chin to help Germany come out of the war.   

Think about that for a second.  Non reciprocal tariffs to help them.   Time to stop that shit.

You tariff our stuff we tariff your stuff.   Its as simple as that.   Trump isn't asking for anything more. 

We didn’t tarrif any of your stuff

:lol:

4 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

So deal with Mexico then....

We will.....with or without your help. It seems Trudeau chose the tough road. He is to blame for any action we have felt the need to take against Canada. Hopefully it is resolved soon and we can get back to being chummy eh?

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I agree.  So deal with those countries.

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

We didn’t tarrif any of your stuff

Was I talking about maple syrup land?   I've stated in other threads that I thought our trade balance with Canada wasn't too bad. 

What should stop which even Trudeau admitted is Chinese steel flowing thru Canada into the US.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, f7ben said:

We will.....with or without your help. It seems Trudeau chose the tough road. He is to blame for any action we have felt the need to take against Canada. Hopefully it is resolved soon and we can get back to being chummy eh?

He's a toad.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No, Trump is to blame 100%

He’s negotiating in bad faith and attempting to use tarrifs to extort a trade deal. 

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Was I talking about maple syrup land?   I've stated in other threads that I thought our trade balance with Canada wasn't too bad. 

What should stop which even Trudeau admitted is Chinese steel flowing thru Canada into the US.  

You were talking about tarrifs

2 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

No, Trump is to blame 100%

He’s negotiating in bad faith and attempting to use tarrifs to extort a trade deal. 

He announced these tariffs and then gave you guys 2 months to get to the table and get a deal done. If we wanted a sunset deal then we will get it. We are the big swinging dick here. Not you or mexico. We will get what we want one way or another and it didnt have to be painful for Canada

Edited by f7ben

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

You were talking about tarrifs

Specifically Germany but anyone who tariffs our goods when we don't.   I didn't mention nookville.  

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I would bet some of that bar you are purchasing from offshore is coming from china and is relabeled ....unless you know exactly what mill is making it

Spain! Unless hop sing works there and rebands/rewraps everything. We've dealt with that mill for over 30yrs

Just now, smokin george said:

Spain! Unless hop sing works there and rebands/rewraps everything. We've dealt with that mill for over 30yrs

Its probably fine then. A lot of the stuff coming from Koreas and Southeast Asia , Turkey Brazil etc etc etc is actually coming from China

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

He announced these tariffs and then gave you guys 2 months to get to the table and get a deal done. If we wanted a sunset deal then we will get it. We are the big swinging dick here. Not you or mexico. We will get what we want one way or another and it didnt have to be painful for Canada

For the big dick, trump sure acts like the big baby kicking and crying about nafta.   We aren't Mexico, had we had a better pm like Harper in office, trump would really be crying on Twitter :lol: 

40 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

For the big dick, trump sure acts like the big baby kicking and crying about nafta.   We aren't Mexico, had we had a better pm like Harper in office, trump would really be crying on Twitter :lol: 

The USA isnt Trump....we are the worlds largest economy. If we dont do business with Canada then Canada turns into a 3rd world shithole overnight. The USA would even notice if Canada fell off the map tomorrow .........the end 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The USA isnt Trump....we are the worlds largest economy. If we dont do business with Canada then Canada turns into a 3rd world shithole overnight. The USA would even notice if Canada fell off the map tomorrow .........the end 

We’re your biggest export market.

Add that up with Mexico, the EU and China....who else buys your shit?

Is it really a smart move to start a trade war with  90% of your export markets?

1 minute ago, ICEMAN! said:

We’re your biggest export market.

Add that up with Mexico, the EU and China....who else buys your shit?

Is it really a smart move to start a trade war with  90% of your export markets?

We have a trade deficit with everyone. If we quit selling shit abroad overnight and quit importing shit at the same time we would have to ramp up production to meet our needs. 

We can support our own economy without anyone elses bullshit. No other nation can say that 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The last time the USA did that exports fell over 60% and imports 66%, GDP dropped over 40%, unemployment over 25%.  It would be even worse today with the global economy.

Sure, OK.  It would really be wise to get out of the markets then.:lol:

• Like 1

How can we Canadian's go wrong with this Bafoon at the helm...

Afterall according to Captain Coif we import more steel than the US, that's pretty damn impressive considering the population of California is greater than all of Canada (tongue in cheek, I hope) Justine better find a way to sell CDN steel without Taxes and Tariffs and stop blaming big bad Trump who can actually run a number. 

Holy fuck is that dude an absolute idiot. I am embarrassed for my country having elected an idiot like Trump but I understand why.......Canada has no excuse for that fucking retard

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Holy fuck is that dude an absolute idiot. I am embarrassed for my country having elected an idiot like Trump but I understand why.......Canada has no excuse for that fucking retard

We need to cut the cord with Canada and build a wall. We dont need that kind of stupid coming over here. 

23 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

We need to cut the cord with Canada and build a wall. We dont need that kind of stupid coming over here. 

If we just build a wall along the whole great lakes region that would be fine........if that wall could dip down and exile the fucking retards in Madison WI that would be good as well. 

Seriously.....what the fuck is wrong with people like that